Danny Green...

Evan

I've been hearing conflicting reports on if Danny Green passed away. Anybody out there know? He's a well known player in the DC/MD area. One of the best players I've ever seen play live.

This is the Danny Green I'm referring to

Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I've been hearing conflicting reports on if Danny Green passed away. Anybody out there know? He's a well known player in the DC/MD area. One of the best players I've ever seen play live.

This is the Danny Green I'm referring to

Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, Danny passed in mid October.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Some guy going by that name definitely made his way to SC one time. I thought it was a pseudonym and he was real real good. I had to cut him loose quickly. Shot with what I called a sneaky pete and talked a lot during play..

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Some guy going by that name definitely made his way to SC one time. I thought it was a pseudonym and he was real real good. I had to cut him loose quickly. Shot with what I called a sneaky pete and talked a lot during play..

That's Danny. A 30-year long friendship.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
That's Danny. A 30-year long friendship.
Yes. Danny was respected, liked, and feared in my neck of the woods. Depending on the room and game, the three names you would hear most often over the years were Danny Green, Pookie, and our own Tom-Tom (that's what they call Tom Wirth in these parts).

I played Danny a few times over the years and always enjoyed it. Needed a lot of weight, though!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Danny and I played some 1P 25-30 years ago in DC when I played it like nine ball. I didn’t know who he was till we finished playing. We were both using jump sticks and shooting wild shots. Most fun I ever had. Danny was great, I loved that guy. I kept in touch with him for a bit but didn’t have a trip back there for a long time and lost touch with him.