Biggest gambler in pool dies at 94.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Little known but Paul and his brother were sued by Corningware and had to pay $10,000.

Small price for what they made. If I recall correctly it was in the 60’s.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I didn't get very far talking to Paul. We got interrupted by another phone call, and when I talked to him again, he had decided he did not want the HOF recognition. He did clarify his name is spelled Bruseloff, and he was born in NYC April 10, 1927. He first started playing pool when he was 12 living in East New York. He lived in East New York until he was 14, when he moved to Detroit. He first gambled on pool the first time he played, when he was 12 years old, “for a nickel”. When he started to play pool 8-Ball was 3 cents a rack, straight pool was 20 cents an hour. He liked to gamble on everything, but pool was the most fun. He said every nationality in the world was represented (at the Rack), and everybody played everybody.

I would have loved to hear a lot more, but it was not to be.

frmn

Verified Member
It was during my first trip to the Derby (2004 at the Executive West) that Tommy Dilorenz and I had dinner at a steakhouse with Ronnie Wseman, Steve Lomako and another guy from Detroit that I don't remember his name. Ronie told a story of him and Paul pitching coins outside the poolhall in the dead of winter 0 degrees. The spot was Ronnie had to go pick up the coins after each round while Paul kept his hands warm in his pocket. Only a shrewd gambler thinks of stuff like that.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Little known but Paul and his brother were sued by Corningware and had to pay $10,000.

Small price for what they made. If I recall correctly it was in the 60’s.
Our customers thought it was Corning Ware and that's why they grabbed complete sets for $20! It was made of pyrex so it could go in the oven.