An unlikely representative at the U.S. Open...

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
encouragement

encouragement

I realize you were just commenting in jest, but interestingly, I bet none of those guys were/are ever thinking about what people in the audience think they should shoot.

I think the best shot is the one you see. To look further than that helps at times, maybe you'll see a better shot for yourself. But to think "am I choosing the right shot in the eyes of the pros" or "what is Wincardona going to think of my shot selection here" during a match can only be a mistake!

I'm not sure Grady was trying to say that, although after strolling through ER's SMS recently, it would appear that perhaps Boston Shorty played what most here would agree are the "right" shots.

Cloidius

Verified Member
I got a game...

I got a game...

Well, I couldn't get it done against Sean Morgan, I lost 3-1. I moved good, but missed the shots I had to make. I'm feeling a bit diappointed and frustrated, but am pleased to have at least fought out that one game.

I know it is not much, but it would be a longer flight home witout that one under my belt.

Gonna grab some lunch, and head back to the tournament room; the action is really heating up sown there.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well, I couldn't get it done against Sean Morgan, I lost 3-1. I moved good, but missed the shots I had to make. I'm feeling a bit diappointed and frustrated, but am pleased to have at least fought out that one game.

I know it is not much, but it would be a longer flight home witout that one under my belt.

Gonna grab some lunch, and head back to the tournament room; the action is really heating up sown there.

Clyde,

For all you went through to get there in a hurry and play it's surprising you could make a ball at all. I'd say you put forth a great performance under those circumstances:).

Congratulations on your effort and in keeping us informed of your adventures.

Dennis

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Clyde,

For all you went through to get there in a hurry and play it's surprising you could make a ball at all. I'd say you put forth a great performance under those circumstances:).

Dennis

I agree! Thanks for stepping up, Clyde! And thanks also to your GF.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Don't be beating up on yourself Clyde! Sounds like you gave it a good effort.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Clyde,

Dennis

No kidding...
Soak up the experience.
My philosophy is that it is ok not to be a world beater. As long as you are cerebral about it/your game and conduct yourself like a man, it's all good. You put yourself out there and stepped up and played.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you played your best
thats all that can be asked for
you spread the word abouth onepocket.org
thanks
:)

Michael Reddick

From
Fremont, CA
Great meeting you at the 1P Open Clyde! I can report back to OnePocket.org that Clyde represented well. He walked up to me out of the blue, introduced himself, and immediately started 'selling' the generosity of this group and the benefits of getting involved with this website. Great guy and a great representative for the organization! :)

Cloidius

Verified Member
Back home...

Back home...

Thanks Michael, it was good to meet you, too, and so many other enthusiasts as well. I will keep your league in mind in the future, sounds like a great way to play.

I spent the last day and a half of my trip sweating some great one pocket matches. Tried to get a look at Justin Bergman, who is creative and talented. Noticed some nice play from Jesse Engel, impressive aggression from Mitch Ellerman, and was really impressed by Dan Louie's run in the tournament.

It is always interesting to witness the nuances of some professional's attitudes. It seems in this area, they might take a few lessons from the amateurs. Some of them are constantly whining, complaining or making excuses. Their energy might be better spent weighing their options and controlling their attitude. So much skill, but there is much left to be desired.

It seems amateurs, to overcome some deficit in skill, must employ a superior knowledge of self. Maintaining composure, thru even the bleakest of situations goes a long way in competition, and in life. Well done gentlemen, you know who are!

I just arrived home to a snow covered Missoula, MT. Before I left, I had parked my vehicle on the side of the road, in a light dusting of snow. I have a lot of work, and about three feet of snow, ahead of me if I am going to make it to work on time tonight.

I have some further reporting I intend to do and some specific thanks to send out. But, that will have to wait for bit later.

It is good to be home, and to see my girl!

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Great meeting you at the 1P Open Clyde! I can report back to OnePocket.org that Clyde represented well. He walked up to me out of the blue, introduced himself, and immediately started 'selling' the generosity of this group and the benefits of getting involved with this website. Great guy and a great representative for the organization! :)

Good to see you posting here Michael.. :)

dudley

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Clyde- so, do you live near the big Blackfoot river??

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Slight correction

Slight correction

I know the tournament board that ran live on the computers showed 35 players, but in actuality there were 46 players in the tournament. They could not explain why it showed 35. The max for the tournament was 48.

Last edited: