1 rail kick method!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BimM74M2Fux2Zppa7
In working Larry's wwyd it came up to kick into the stack. I posted this on his thread but I thought I should also post it here so others can specifically join in on the discussion, and possibly share their methods of 1 rail kicking.
This method of course requires some visualization, but should get you in the ball park, and be a good back up if you are having trouble hitting the ob.

The foul of lining up the shot without your hand on the stick is a wpa rule, for those that are wondering where that came from.
Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Whitey
that method is vey accurate and can also be used for banking
I find the mirror system to be very accurate for kicking and alittle easier to use
i will try to post a diagram or link when I get home
at around 9:40 the mirror is explained
at the beginning of the vide it explains doing the mirror for a ball near the rail

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the video Whitey!

I try to use Grady's mirror system for kicking a ball close to the rail and to be honest most kicks I just kind of know about where to hit on the rail to get close. I should probably learn a kicking or diamond system but I am lazy and go more by feel. That being said, thanks for the explanation, I will try this whenever I can get to a table.

PS - I was unaware that it was a foul to line up a shot without your stick in your hand, good to know!

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
When I'm not 'feeling' the shots yet or playing with less than heartening confidence, I will gladly and with no shame at all - use both methods to confirm each other and to help train my brain to 'feel' better.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for the video Whitey!

I try to use Grady's mirror system for kicking a ball close to the rail and to be honest most kicks I just kind of know about where to hit on the rail to get close. I should probably learn a kicking or diamond system but I am lazy and go more by feel. That being said, thanks for the explanation, I will try this whenever I can get to a table.

PS - I was unaware that it was a foul to line up a shot without your stick in your hand, good to know!
It's a little known rule. In fact most guys don't use that method. But Shannon Daulton used to do it quite a bit. I always kept that rule in my quiver in case I had to play him at the DCC or somewhere...:cool: