Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

lfigueroa

Verified Member
New Orleans looks like it has potential to be an ongoing "mini" MOT in conjunction with the big Buffalo's pro tournament that wraps up Memorial Day weekend every year. This could become an annual mini. But we will know a lot more after we hold the one coming up the end of May this year. We have held a mini at the old Lacy's Cue (same poolroom), but this is a new format and new poolroom ownership, so it is kind of a test. I know we have a strong interest (in the "mini" context), with several players from Europe planning to be there, and multiple of our members have mentioned either here in the forum or in person at the MOT that they want to be there, so I am hopeful -- and hopeful that the new Buff 3 management likes the way it works too of course!

Did they replace the tables at Lacy's/Buffs3 or are they still the older style Diamonds?

Lou Figueroa

baby huey

Verified Member
Kentucky wants to have a Super Seniors at CA Billiards? Is this potentially replacing the Houston Seniors Event? I'm all in for Ca Billiards for Super Seniors and Seniors in Houston if it happens this year? Any and all sounds great..

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
What’s the difference between the blue label and oval blue label diamond ?

There are three generations of the current style of Pro-Am, Smart, and Professional Diamond tables. Simply, the red label Diamond table is the 1st generation, the blue label with curvy lines is the 2nd generation, and the blue oval label is the 3rd generation. I believe the biggest differences between the three generations of Diamond tables is the pitch of the rails and the degree of cut of the pocket openings.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lll

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Come play me. I'm easy money, just ask Steve. I can't seem to beat him:cry:

Don't know yet how this trip will spin out.

At this stage I'm not even planning on taking a cue, just going to sweat the big event and eat me some mud puppies.

Lou Figueroa

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Don't know yet how this trip will spin out.

At this stage I'm not even planning on taking a cue, just going to sweat the big event and eat me some mud puppies.

Lou Figueroa
I have several cues for you to play with :) One of them is a sneaky Scruggs that I bought in St. Louis from Cue and Cushion.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
What’s the difference between the blue label and oval blue label diamond ?
i called diamond
no difference in the table just the logo
same with black label
just a different color logo
the shape or color of the logo doesnt tell you specifics of the table

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
i called diamond
no difference in the table just the logo
same with black label
just a different color logo
the shape or color of the logo doesnt tell you specifics of the table
The information that you received in your telephonic call to Diamond Billiard Products, Inc. that there is no difference in the construction of the pool tables between the three logos (red, and two different shaped logos) is inaccurate. May I ask who did you speak to at Diamond?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The information that you received in your telephonic call to Diamond Billiard Products, Inc. that there is no difference in the construction of the pool tables between the three logos (red, and two different shaped logos) is inaccurate. May I ask who did you speak to at Diamond?
I think they were not including the red label in that -- just among the blue and black labels.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think they were not including the red label in that -- just among the blue and black labels.
steve that is correct
their comment was about the 2 blue labels and the black label

lfigueroa

Verified Member

They play differently which can only be attributed to one reason: different construction.

Lou Figueroa

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
They play differently which can only be attributed to one reason: different construction.

Lou Figueroa
Once again, just to be clear, the information I got from diamond was the two different logo blue label tables and the black label table is just that different logos and do not impact the table
My interpretation of what they said
A diamond pro am table with a blue logo /oval blue logo or black label is a diamond pro am table, and all of them will play the same
………;::::
red label diamond tables area completely different table