How do you guys measure Gorst 1P game now?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Big Bob & I were wondering what members think of FG's 1 pocket game to date.

Big Bob, thinks He's the Best He's ever seen play 1P!

I think He needs more seasoning.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I have watched and commentated on a few of his matches. Sometimes he looks invincible and other times kind of ordinary. When he is running good, nobody can handle him, but sometimes the wheels fall off.

Kind of like every other player out there, except Alex in a long race for big $. IMO Fedor or Filler will be at the top down the road.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have watched and commentated on a few of his matches. Sometimes he looks invincible and other times kind of ordinary. When he is running good, nobody can handle him, but sometimes the wheels fall off.

Kind of like every other player out there, except Alex in a long race for big $. IMO Fedor or Filler will be at the top down the road.
I would agree with that. Fedor and Filler both simply shoot so damn well and they are both young. Plus they both seem to be fairly disciplined in general which should help them stay on track as they navigate the rest of their 20's. They both are showing an ability to learn the game of One Pocket -- including the imagination angle to the game. Alex is the gold standard right now in terms of overall play. Tony wins any imagination battle when it comes to pros, but as we've seen, superior fire power is tough to overcome.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Both are certainly at the top of the future of pool for sure. One pocket seems to take most great players at rotation, about 5 to 7 years at least, to really be top level. These guys are both smart enough and shoot well enough to beat anyone on a given day, but there is no substitute for being in the trenches with the monsters of the game, and learning how to deal with all the main styles. I believe that is why they have such a hard time with Tony , nobody that I know of ,ever played like he does, and won. It must be very disconcerting to play a great safe and have him run out on you , then do it again 3 games later,with the same result. Between Gorst and Filler ,I believe Filler has the most potential at one pocket , imo he has better instincts, whatever that means. I guess he just seems more comfortable with the game.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Joe Long thinks Filler will ultimately be the better player because he has more passion for the game.
Probably but the computer and passion in the Russian Machine runs awfully strong. Filler is super gifted and probably has more one pocket banking arsenal (at least today).

baby huey

Verified Member
Prodigy's are just that, prodigy's. They are hard to handicap, they are intimidating (in this case pool) and they learn very fast. Awhile back, I started a thread on Harold Worst and maybe Filler and Gorst fit that catagory as well. Time will tell. They play so well at such a young age. It's like watching Babe Ruth as a 17 yr. old turning everyone's head sideways. You know them when you see them and these two have the ingredients to become super players.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Filler and Fedor are both top 10 in the world in banking right now. Top 5 in ball running and cue control. Scary.