Spot discussion

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just to add something to talk about, I was thinking about this earlier.

If you play even with someone which spot would you rather take? In this scenario one player has one of the spots, the other has the other spot.

Spot #1: one player gets 2 shots to their opponent's one shot. So if you take this spot and you miss, you still get another shot until you miss again.

Spot #2: you get paid 3 to 1 when you win. So if you take this spot you get paid 3x the bet when you win and only lose 1x the bet when you lose games.

I am leaning towards taking spot 1, but I wanted to hear some other thoughts on it. I would just break the pack wide open and then on my next shot shoot or duck lol....is that worth 3 to 1 when playing someone you play even normally? Thoughts?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
The 3 to 1 is way stronger. If we play 100 games and are even in skill . In the long run , I will win 50 and you win 50.
Except I win 150 and you win 50. So I am 100 games ahead after 100 games. The only way to match that win ratio with the shot spot, is if you win every game / play perfect.

Last edited:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Spot #1 is a killer. Spot 2 is only good if you are closely matched. Even if you are 60/40 Dog the 3x would make you s 2:1 winner in the long run.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
yea I can see both sides as well, that's why I was wondering on other's input.

taking spot 2, you only have to win 1 out of every 3 games to break even. Any better and you are winner.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
yea I can see both sides as well, that's why I was wondering on other's input.

taking spot 2, you only have to win 1 out of every 3 games to break even. Any better and you are winner. What if you changed spot #2 to 4 to 1? I don't know what is even to the shots in a row spot so I just threw out 3 to 1, maybe 4 to 1 is more in line. Don't know how this turned into a quote lol...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Spot 1 by far, you can take an intentional 1st..... to get shape for your small package.
When you take the intentional, yes you can shoot again but you owe one which you spot before you shoot. I think I may take the 4 to 1 on the money over the 2 shots!

maybe not though, you can't ever get trapped with 2 shots as you can get out of anything and as you pointed out you can set up each run....would be fun to try lol...

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If I get two shots to your 1 everytime Its my turn to shoot? It would be hard for you to win ANY games at all unless you went 8 & out if you got lucky to get a shot...
what if you break a pile open on shot one, then shot 2 you miss? Then they are open for me as well!

I do think spot 1 is the stronger spot, but what odds do you think would be even to it? For example if you gave your opponent spot 1, what would you need as far as odds to play? Would you take 6 to 1 on the money? 10 to 1?

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
I don't think spot #2 is going to ever come into play if I'm getting/giving spot #1 to someone I play even with! Might be a fun experiment.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I'm not the one who needs to go 8 and out but I'd like to try it with 2 shots in a row. The second deal would be why would I shoot a shot that would be a sellout and I would never be hooked after my first shot. I would never have to risk a sellout shot and I'd just take a foul anytime. . Of course there's always a chance. Hard to say what the odds would be, but I would try anybody in the world with 3-1 i guess. Maybe players like us 5-1 or more. If its a sucker bet I guess you would have a lifetime customer in me.

Kybanks

Verified Member
At least some people are good at math on here! 3 to 1 all day everyday! If you are guaranteed to win 10 games either way, why wouldn't you pick the 1 where you get paid for 30 if you win 10. You are way more likely to get 3 to 1 than 2 continuous shots.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Something that probably wasn't clarified very well here on my part is both spots are in play. Someone you normally play even with. They get 2 shots to your 1, but you get 5 to 1 on the money anytime you win. I was trying to see which you would prefer of the two. If you choose spot 1 then what odds do you need spot 2 to be to take that spot and have your opponent shoot 2 shots to your one. I've never tried, just a curious conversation.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Something that probably wasn't clarified very well here on my part is both spots are in play. Someone you normally play even with. They get 2 shots to your 1, but you get 5 to 1 on the money anytime you win. I was trying to see which you would prefer of the two. If you choose spot 1 then what odds do you need spot 2 to be to take that spot and have your opponent shoot 2 shots to your one. I've never tried, just a curious conversation.

Not really sure you could ever win a game if it was someone close to your speed. They could never sell out and never be put in a trap.i might try it at 30 to 1 but nothing less.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
seems to me it is very hard to lose a game with #1..........you can always roll to safety, even twice if needed.......

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Sorry , I thought it was an either or proposition. I was wondering how people could not see the strength of it , should have known I was off in left field, without a glove.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
At least some people are good at math on here! 3 to 1 all day everyday! If you are guaranteed to win 10 games either way, why wouldn't you pick the 1 where you get paid for 30 if you win 10. You are way more likely to get 3 to 1 than 2 continuous shots.
Sorry I mislead you ky ,