CAN YOU NAME WHO IS IN THIS PICTURE???

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i reading the the norman "jockey" howard interview and this picture from the early jansco tournaments was in it
i think this was done before but can we try to name who is who
left to right/row by row
johnston city group photo.png

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Nice pic, Larry. I'll try to name a couple. First row fourth, and fifth from the left. Paulie Jansco and George Jansco.. How good did they play? Were they like B players or what? Anyone here know?

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
norman "jockey" howard is the last one on the right in the first row
johnny vives? to the right of howard?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i will start a list
edit this list is with the help of all the respoders
first row
1) cowboy jimmy moore 2)danny gartner.....2)AlCoslosky....3Alton "babyface" Whitlow......4)paulie jansco 5) george jansco 6)detroit whitey ....8)danny diliberto...... j 9) norman jockey howard
second row
1weenie beenie...2)hayden lingo...3)sonny springer...4) eddie taylor 5)tugboat whaley...6don watson ,, 7) luther wimpy lassiter...8)joey spaeth ....
third row
1bunny rugoff...2)junior norris...3)cicero murphy...4)earl shriver,...5")jersey red" jack breit...6)tom cosmo.....

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
i will start a list
first row
1)cowboy jimmy moore?......2?.....3?......4)paulie jansco 5) george jansco 6)?....7?......8) johnny vives? 9) norman jockey howard
second row
1?...2?....3?...4) eddie taylor 5?...6?,,, 7) luther wimpy lassiter...8?....9?...
third row
1?...2)steve cook??...3)cicero murphy...4?,...5?...6?.....

Isn't it Danny D next to Jockey..? Cookie wasn't there, I don't think...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Yes i think it is danny
i will change that jimmy 👍

Ok Larry. Let's keep it going. Who can see where Marshall Squirrel Carpenter is. Steve know all of em I think, so he's barred.. lol Just kidding..

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
Middle row second from far right is Luther Lassiter. Jersey Red directly behind him in the back... Jansco's in the middle. Ugly Puckett first row far left

jay helfert

Verified Member
i will start a list
first row
1)cowboy jimmy moore?......2?.....3?......4)paulie jansco 5) george jansco 6)?....7?......8) johnny vives? 9) norman jockey howard
second row
1?...2?....3?...4) eddie taylor 5?...6?,,, 7) luther wimpy lassiter...8?....9?...
third row
1?...2)steve cook??...3)cicero murphy...4?,...5")jersey red" jack breit...6?.....
I'll help you fill in the blanks. Bottom row) Danny Gartner 2, Al Coslosky 3, "Babyface" (I forget his real name at the moment) 6, Detroit Whitey 7, Danny Diliberto 8.
Middle row) Weenie Beenie 1, Johnny Irish 2, Sonny Springer 3, Tugboat Whaley 5, Don Watson 6, Joey Spaeth 8.
Last row) Bunny Rogoff 1, Junior Goff 2, Earl Shriver 4, Tom Cosmo 6.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Verified Member
Nice pic, Larry. I'll try to name a couple. First row fourth, and fifth from the left. Paulie Jansco and George Jansco.. How good did they play? Were they like B players or what? Anyone here know?
Paulie couldn't play, George liked to play One Pocket, a fair player.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I'll help you fill in the blanks. Bottom row) Danny Gartner 2, Al Coslosky 3, "Babyface" (I forget his real name at the moment) 6, Detroit Whitey 7, Danny Diliberto 8.
Middle row) Weenie Beenie 1, Johnny Irish 2, Sonny Springer 3, Tugboat Whaley 5, Don Watson 6, Joey Spaeth 8.
Last row) Bunny Rogoff 1, Junior Norris 2, Earl Shriver 4, Tom Cosmo 6.

Thanks Jay.. Babyface is a great straight pool player named Alton Whitlow, I think...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Last row) Bunny Rogoff 1, Junior Norris 2, Earl Shriver 4, Tom Cosmo 6.

I thought the guy in the back row holding his cue was a short guy named Jr. Goff and I thought the guy in the second row next to Beenie was the man himself, Hayden Lingo.