COREY DEUEL V JUSTIN HALL ACTION

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Justin won 8 games today, and the agreement is to stop when anyone wins 8 in a day...they could have gone longer but Corey was probably happy to break the momentum
This is what Jason from the helpdesk just told me. I don't like it, it's not like it's a seniors event :)

But, It was agreed on by the players I was told, notPoolactiontv's doing.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I haven't seen one person wearing a mask in that poolroom...I guess now that we are down to only 2300 dead per day we're back to normal

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
This is what Jason from the helpdesk just told me. I don't like it, it's not like it's a seniors event :)

But, It was agreed on by the players I was told, notPoolactiontv's doing.
Well they should have told us before the match started and we paid our money. That IS their fault

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
those pockets are smaller than standard regulation. and why do people have to play on sub sized pockets.
for championship games at basketball they dont raise the back board or make the basket smaller.
a big golf match doesnt come with a smaller hole.

This is going to sound harsh but, do you even play 1P? Because if you did you’d know that tight pockets allow for banks, kicks, and takeouts that are impossible on buckets. There isn’t a 1P player in the universe that wants to play on a corner that’s larger than 4 1/2. Period. Half the hacks I see in pool rooms ask for the tightest tables.

What is standard regulation anyway? What’s a regulation table 7’ 8’ 9’ 10’ 12’. Every organization has their own rules and specifications. The only standard is, there is no standard.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Well they should have told us before the match started and we paid our money. That IS their fault

last night JJ did mention something about the format being a little different but I didn't catch all of it (was geeking out on opening night of the NHL season) - assuming that was what he was explaining.

prerogative of the guys in the grease.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
People have different opinions about the comparative advantages created by easier vs. tougher tables. I've heard knowledgeable players opine that the tougher table favors the better shooter because they are more likely to make the shots they shoot than the lesser shooter, but I've always believed that the tougher table favored the better mover. Maybe the correct analysis is that the tighter table favors the better player. That said, if this table is 4 1/2+ rather than 4 1/4, which of these players gains an advantage?