Kiss pool

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
So I went back to Willie Joplings kiss pool game because I scratched 6 times in one session the other day...

What I found out is to kiss the object ball into the pocket is not as easy as you might think... Anyway it was a good exercise that I thought I would share...

It only took me three racks to finally start to see the object ball kissing off the cue ball to go into the hole...

It definitely helped me see some scratch shots that I hadn't seen before...

Bille

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
So I went back to Willie Joplings kiss pool game because I scratched 6 times in one session the other day...

What I found out is to kiss the object ball into the pocket is not as easy as you might think... Anyway it was a good exercise that I thought I would share...

It only took me three racks to finally start to see the object ball kissing off the cue ball to go into the hole...

Bille

Good job !
I've never done it but have read, that Senor said he played a lot of it when he started. A good recommendation.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Bille

Bille, You have a copy of my book. This exercise is in there. Drill #17. Did you somehow overlook this? :)

Tom

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Tom

Tom

I guess I did, or my feeble mind forgot it... I just looked it up...
I practice the caroms more from your book...
sorry...

B

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Carom Pool

Carom Pool

This is the toughest game I've ever played and a run of more than 3 is HIGHLY unlikely. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy more difficult than scratch pool. By shooting these type of shots, it Forces the player to have perfect fundamentals as you work the center of the cue ball from top to bottom. Try it for 15 minutes and tell me it won't improve one pocket play.

This game is only about cue ball paths coming off a ball, while trying to make another called ball, called pocket for one point.

Break a full rack, make a ball (no score) begin your turn, all balls down.
Miss and opponent shoots next.
First player to get ten caroms wins.

Cue ball can hit any object ball to legally pocket another called ball.

Dbl kisses' combinations and air shots acceptable, as long as an object ball is contacted FIRST to make your called ball.

If you make a legal carom, continue, if you scratch and make the carom, ball stays down, no score for shooter/no deduction either. Next player up

Scratches....BIH in the kitchen.
Race to 10 usually takes two full racks.

This is not a game for beginners. way to tough.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I have seen Efren line up a shot and then stand up and point at the kisses the cue ball will make in it's path. Then he gets down and shoots and the cue ball makes the kisses he has pointed out exactly as he has pointed them out. I think this comes from the 'pit' pool games in the Philippines where the ref marks with chalk all of the balls that could possibly be disturbed by the shot.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I have seen Efren line up a shot and then stand up and point at the kisses the cue ball will make in it's path. Then he gets down and shoots and the cue ball makes the kisses he has pointed out exactly as he has pointed them out. I think this comes from the 'pit' pool games in the Philippines where the ref marks with chalk all of the balls that could possibly be disturbed by the shot.

I saw a few minutes of a match there, I thought they marked the balls that might be disturbed by the shooter so they could be replaced.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I saw a few minutes of a match there, I thought they marked the balls that might be disturbed by the shooter so they could be replaced.

I think you're right, Rod. It would force the player to gain awareness of the entire consequences of a given shot.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Rod

Rod

That is the one thing that "the Beard", preached to me constantly. Each time you shoot, shoot the complete shot... think out the complete shot... if the cue needs to be frozen to a ball then freeze it... He talked about it in the Fusco and Rempe match when he came to the booth...

Sure do miss that guy...

B