Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

John Brumback

Verified Member
One little thing that was never brought up was the fact that the rail first shot on that 7ball could be alot easier or harder depending on what kind of pockets you are playing on.Example,GC vs tight Diamond.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Cincinnati

Cincinnati

One little thing that was never brought up was the fact that the rail first shot on that 7ball could be alot easier or harder depending on what kind of pockets you are playing on.Example,GC vs tight Diamond.John B.

When I get to Cincinnati for this months bank tourn, I am going to set up that shot that Truman passed on, and you said you would too. We will take a consensus there. :lol

Then I am going to ask Truman what he was thinking about when he refused to shoot.:)

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

John, the rail first option I was referring to is the shot that sends the cue ball three cushions up table, using the rail before the 7 ball to create the angle to accomplish the results needed. From the distance, angle, and position of the cue ball (frozen on the rail)coupled with the speed necessary to execute this shot well, made this option more difficult than the straight shot on the 7 ball.

I believe your thinking the rail first option I was referring to was to pocket the 7 ball going rail first. Which by the way is a better shot than the other rail first shot.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
When I get to Cincinnati for this months bank tourn, I am going to set up that shot that Truman passed on, and you said you would too. We will take a consensus there. :lol

Then I am going to ask Truman what he was thinking about when he refused to shoot.:)

Beard
Bottom line Fred, it's a low percentage, high risk shot. If it would of been either a low percentage shot with a low risk, or a high risk shot with a higher make percentage, then I could possibly agree with shooting it. But not a high risk and low percentage shot.:sorry

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Bottom line Fred, it's a low percentage, high risk shot. If it would of been either a low percentage shot with a low risk, or a high risk shot with a higher make percentage, then I could possibly agree with shooting it. But not a high risk and low percentage shot.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Right on the money assessment Billy....as usual

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You are making me ill, kissing Dr Bill's butt like you have been. That will only help you if you are trying to bite him. It will not, repeat not, help you to rob him again with a bad (for him) game.

Beard

I dont get it...i give an unbiased compliment and i get viciously attacked. The Hacker cant get a break

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I dont get it...i give an unbiased compliment and i get viciously attacked. The Hacker cant get a break

hacker the site has emoticons to the right of where you post your replies
they can be helpful in conveying your intent on your comments..;)....::D
just trying to be helpful:)
see what i mean about using the emoticons....:rolleyes:...::D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If I was smart enough to use green shot it would be better for everyone, and easier to understand.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Bill,

At the risk of creating a monster, much like the colorizing, highlighting, emboldening, and enlarging poster you've already become, let me say this:

As we age it's tougher to learn new things but if you can "save a picture" and then "retrieve" it then you can learn Greenshot. Calired showed tremendous patience with my computer illterate dumbass and now I can do it.

Here's the link to get the Greenshot download :http://getgreenshot.org/

When you click on it this page will come up:

Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity - Windows In_2012-03-10_23-2.jpg

Just follow the directions and ask a question if you have one. If you need help I am off work tomorrow and will PM you my phone#.

You will become proficient at Greenshotting layouts such as this:D
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4364

Dennis

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
John, the rail first option I was referring to is the shot that sends the cue ball three cushions up table, using the rail before the 7 ball to create the angle to accomplish the results needed. From the distance, angle, and position of the cue ball (frozen on the rail)coupled with the speed necessary to execute this shot well, made this option more difficult than the straight shot on the 7 ball.

I believe your thinking the rail first option I was referring to was to pocket the 7 ball going rail first. Which by the way is a better shot than the other rail first shot.:D

Dr. Bill

Yup,wrong again well maybe not but yes, you know what I mean:frus:lol.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
John Zaksas

John Zaksas

Set up the situation from the beginning for John Zaksas ( a world class banker BTW), his response to the original safety was to go rail first(thinly) off of the 7 ball and return up table.

When I told him what Piggy did (pocketed the 7 and told him the game score, Piggy needs one and Truman needs them all), and asked him what would he do after the pocketed ball went on the spot and from where the cue ball lay, his reply was, "Well, he left me a shot. I am going to take it." Case closed from that expert.

To be fair I asked Bus Driver Willie, pretty good banker (extra careful), if he would shoot or play safe. He optioned for Trumans shot, off of the head ball and Q ball down to the head rail. He said he wanted to wait for a better shot. When I took my option (crossing over the ball left in the spot area, and parking the cue ball flat on the foot rail, and leaving him in a shit storm), he went, "Hmmm." I remarked, "I guess you aint gonna get a better shot now."

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Set up the situation from the beginning for John Zaksas ( a world class banker BTW), his response to the original safety was to go rail first(thinly) off of the 7 ball and return up table. Who's setting up these shots?

When I told him what Piggy did (pocketed the 7 and told him the game score, Piggy needs one and Truman needs them all), and asked him what would he do after the pocketed ball went on the spot and from where the cue ball lay, his reply was, "Well, he left me a shot. I am going to take it." Case closed from that expert. Well my expert (John Brumback) thinks differently.

To be fair I asked Bus Driver Willie, pretty good banker (extra careful), if he would shoot or play safe. He optioned for Trumans shot, off of the head ball and Q ball down to the head rail. He said he wanted to wait for a better shot. When I took my option (crossing over the ball left in the spot area, and parking the cue ball flat on the foot rail, and leaving him in a shit storm), he went, "Hmmm." I remarked, "I guess you aint gonna get a better shot now." That's strange, before you were choosing the cross bank as an offensive weapon, now you reverted to it being a defensive shot.:confused: Am I mistaken? If not then make up your mind. Furthermore I don't believe the shot lays right for the speed your referring to. I'm thinking that you set up the shot differently than the shot in the picture. :eek:You wouldn't do that, would you?:lol
Beard
I can imagine how your setting up these shots, not that you're intentionally setting them up wrong to get support of your choices.:rolleyes: But you know how hard it is to try and duplicate a position off of one's memory.

By the way, how big was that fish that you caught, you know, the last time you went fishing. That was a good story too.:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I can imagine how your setting up these shots, not that you're intentionally setting them up wrong to get support of your choices.:rolleyes: But you know how hard it is to try and duplicate a position off of one's memory.

By the way, how big was that fish that you caught, you know, the last time you went fishing. That was a good story too.:D

Dr. Bill
Just went to my Diamond table to set these shots up again, to re-evaluate them again. Well your rail first shot is a possible option for the first safety, but still got too many mixed results for it to be a better option than pocketing the 7 ball. But your cross side bank option isn't even remotely close to how you explained what happened when you shot it for "Bus Driver Willie" It's impossible for the balls to end up where you say they ended up for you, when you shot the shot.(providing you set the shot up right) Not to mention how you changed your reason why you chose that option, first being a desperate attempt to steal the game, to a lock down safety reason.:lol Give me a break, surely you give me more credit than that.;)

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Just went to my Diamond table to set these shots up again, to re-evaluate them again. Well your rail first shot is a possible option for the first safety, but still got too many mixed results for it to be a better option than pocketing the 7 ball. But your cross side bank option isn't even remotely close to how you explained what happened when you shot it for "Bus Driver Willie" It's impossible for the balls to end up where you say they ended up for you, when you shot the shot.(providing you set the shot up right) Not to mention how you changed your reason why you chose that option, first being a desperate attempt to steal the game, to a lock down safety reason.:lol Give me a break, surely you give me more credit than that.;)

Dr. Bill

You got him on the ropes Billy.... move in for the big KO

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Didnt I tell you...

Didnt I tell you...

You got him on the ropes Billy.... move in for the big KO

to get your hand out of Billy's jock strap?
Keep one thing in mind Hacker. You play a decent speed, but you are still just a local yokel when it comes to the big picture in pooldom.

Beard

When you tell people you go on Onepocket.org how many people ask you if you know me? :lol Tell the truth now.;)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
C'mon now...

C'mon now...

Dr. Bill

You are starting to sound like the Merganser of the MoPed's now. Don't bother to look it up, we all know who I am talking about.
That's his game, putting in claims based on subjective speculation.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
to get your hand out of Billy's jock strap?
Keep one thing in mind Hacker. You play a decent speed, but you are still just a local yokel when it comes to the big picture in pooldom.

Beard

When you tell people you go on Onepocket.org how many people ask you if you know me? :lol Tell the truth now.;)

Understand something Frederick..may i call you Frederick... I dont play pool for glory i could give 2 shits less about that. When I decide to play i do it for the single purpose of making money PERIOD. I pick out a target, go to their town and get the ****ING CHEESE. I havent been to a poolhall or hit a ball in over 35 days now and guess what if somebody comes in town tonight i will get my ass over to the poolroom. I wont hit a single ****ing practice ball and over 90% im going to get the cheese. I dont need to practice to play good...unlike YOU i had a ton of natural ability, i just dont love the game. I do it for money PERIOD. As far as anyone asking if i know you they would have no clue who the hell you were. Thats called a legend in your own mind. As far as how i rank in the pool world... I have played in 2 one pocket tournaments in my life 2001 the first Sunshine State one pocket tour event. I was king of the hill beat Corey Duell, Nick Varner, and Buddy Hall back to back to back. I had to wait 6 hours to play the final, we started at 3 am Varner beat me 4 to 3 in the final. The only other one pocket tournament i ever played in was the 2009 Derby City Classic. That was the only time i have ever been to the Derby City besides this year. I got 5 th in the one pocket and 10th in the 9 ball. 2 top tens the only time i played. Not too bad. You see unlike you i avoid the limelight, i dont want anyone to know who i am or how i play....thats why beating Billy the way i did on the TV table was a master piece.... :)
P.S. If you were in your prime today you would be on MY LIST!!!!!!!!!!! Ghost would be on it to but for him i could LAYDOWN REAL good and beat him, you i would have had to give the full dose

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You are starting to sound like the Merganser of the MoPed's now. Don't bother to look it up, we all know who I am talking about.
That's his game, putting in claims based on subjective speculation.

Beard

Freddie, my bearded brother, when you said that you shot the cross side bank on the 1 ball and ended up on the foot rail, I knew for certain that you didn't set up the shot like it was shown in the picture.:sorry Not possible for you to get there, and stay there. The speed of the shot, in regard to the angle clearly suggested that the cue ball had to travel up table, back down table, and at least to the side pocket, at least. For you to say that you ended up on the foot rail is impossible, unless you stopped it with your hand.

Look at the picture again post #28, the cue ball is 1-1/2 balls distance to the left of the diamond near the foot rail, and about 2 inches off the rail, at most. From that position you cannot do what you said you did. A 2 inch difference in the placement of the cue ball will make this option either a good one, or a bad one, the picture shows a bad angle= a bad option.:sorry

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Freddie, my bearded brother, when you said that you shot the cross side bank on the 1 ball and ended up on the foot rail, I knew for certain that you didn't set up the shot like it was shown in the picture.:sorry Not possible for you to get there, and stay there. The speed of the shot, in regard to the angle clearly suggested that the cue ball had to travel up table, back down table, and at least to the side pocket, at least. For you to say that you ended up on the foot rail is impossible, unless you stopped it with your hand.

Look at the picture again post #28, the cue ball is 1-1/2 balls distance to the left of the diamond near the foot rail, and about 2 inches off the rail, at most. From that position you cannot do what you said you did. A 2 inch difference in the placement of the cue ball will make this option either a good one, or a bad one, the picture shows a bad angle= a bad option.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Absolutely, right again Billy..im getting tired of saying that...try being wrong once in awhile

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Your are in the wrong booth

Your are in the wrong booth

Dr. Bill

You are addressing the wrong shot yourself now. If you read my post carefully you will see that I was talking about shooting the shot AFTER Bus Driver Willy chose to play SAFE off of the spot ball, just like Truman did. I was responding to that weak "safety" that you, Brumback, Truman and Bus Driver Willie chose in order to "wait for something better."

The pool "hater" and "I dont give a shit about pool guy," Hacker, -- you know the guy that is on a pool forum every day -- he like you, fell asleep on my comments.

Beard

I think I hit a nerve with him with that "local yokel" comment. I got him to fess up his credentials fast enough also. How easy do you think it would be for me to heat him up in a pool room?