F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open#2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In the hopes of not confusing the other Fred/Barney thread with some still responding to the original layout topic I'll post this one. It's Barneys shot after Fred left him here. What would you do?

CapturedPicture_18.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_19.Jpeg

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I like coming off the 5 and landing whitey between the 13 and 4, if struck well it will be a tough spot for him but if hit poorly he will be cross banking the 14 or 5 towards his hole into the 2 and putting you back in a tough spot.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm still two balls ahead, but the table is all in Fred's favor now. Gotta get some balls away from his pocket. So, I would hit the 4 in the face and stick. I would hit it hard enough so both 4 and 11 will vacate that area. I can stand for the 4 to go in Fred's pocket, if that's what happens, but I don't want it left in this corner if I can help it. From here it looks like it will work out okay. The 4 will come off the 11 and go back to the rail and then over in my direction. I can step over this snake.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
vapros said:
I'm still two balls ahead, but the table is all in Fred's favor now. Gotta get some balls away from his pocket. So, I would hit the 4 in the face and stick. I would hit it hard enough so both 4 and 11 will vacate that area. I can stand for the 4 to go in Fred's pocket, if that's what happens, but I don't want it left in this corner if I can help it. From here it looks like it will work out okay. The 4 will come off the 11 and go back to the rail and then over in my direction. I can step over this snake.
I put this in the other thread but it belongs here.
P.S. The 11 ball is nearest the spot, the 13 ball is near the pink 4 ball.

BR's Posssible Reply.jpg

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 3234

Dennis, I was looking at that for a shot, as it helps clear out the side while sticking the CB on the rail. I've been trying to stay out of the discussion on 1P things, since I really don't get a chance to play and learn so I feel like a tool trying to say what I'd do(especially when I'm nearly always "wrong", so to speak).

I did have a sort-of question, though. That shot looks kind of iffy with the chance of hitting the carom wrong and leaving a duck if it doesn't get out far enough and avoid the pocket. Even though everybody believes that they have a higher % idea of what to shoot, how to shoot, etc.. this sort of goes along the lines of what I think with knowing how you're shooting and understanding the table. Different people have different strokes, strengths, etc. To sum it up.. upon review, how do you think you would have handled this situation? Same, similar or something else? The execution and leave look to have turned out pretty favorably..

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 3234
It looks like from this position the shot off the pink is the better of the two shots discussed, providing Barney can stick the cue ball behind the 6 ball. This shot gets things done for Barney, and could quite possibly put Fred in trouble. Like I mentioned before the pink ball after struck shouldn't be a concern. Your focus should be put on the hit on the pink, not where the pink may or may not go.

The shot off the 5 ball is risky, not because you will sell out a straight in shot but because you must relocate the cue ball behind the 13 ball for it to be effective. Even than you really haven't done any thing special.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banks said:
Dennis, I was looking at that for a shot, as it helps clear out the side while sticking the CB on the rail. I've been trying to stay out of the discussion on 1P things, since I really don't get a chance to play and learn so I feel like a tool trying to say what I'd do(especially when I'm nearly always "wrong", so to speak).

I did have a sort-of question, though. That shot looks kind of iffy with the chance of hitting the carom wrong and leaving a duck if it doesn't get out far enough and avoid the pocket. Even though everybody believes that they have a higher % idea of what to shoot, how to shoot, etc.. this sort of goes along the lines of what I think with knowing how you're shooting and understanding the table. Different people have different strokes, strengths, etc. To sum it up.. upon review, how do you think you would have handled this situation? Same, similar or something else? The execution and leave look to have turned out pretty favorably..
Banks,

Jump in with both feet, we all do. We have a lot of tools here, you'll feel right at home:p .

The shot on the 4 ball off the side rail into the 13 ball can be a very good shot. We'd have to be standing at the table to really judge it well. But, all things being equal, I'd say that that would probably be my choice from looking at these pics onscreen. The shot is much better on a tight table.

P.S. What execution & leave turned out favorably? I haven't shown the shot yet:confused: . I'm easily confused though, just ask the Duck.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Like I mentioned before the pink ball after struck shouldn't be a concern. Your focus should be put on the hit on the pink, not where the pink may or may not go.

Billy I.
That's a load off my mind:p .

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres another idea bank the stripe in the center of the table towards barneys (my ) pocket
3 or 4 rail the q into the upper left hand corner
i leave him a long combo the 13 cant be cut into the corner and i have a ball near my hole he has to deal with.
if i leave the stripe below the pocket so there isnt a cross corner bank on it
even though he'll knock it away hopefully ill have better options in the next inning
like this
fb1.jpg
fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
lll said:
heres another idea bank the stripe in the center of the table towards barneys (my ) pocket
i leave him a long combo the 13 cant be cut into the corner and i have a ball near my hole he has to deal with.
even though he'll knock it away hopefully ill have better options in the next inning
like this
View attachment 3237
View attachment 3237

View attachment 3238

I think you are forgetting something. WHAT if you make the bank?

The pink is the shot. Most saftey, most result.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bstroud said:
The pink is the shot. Most saftey, most result.

Bill Stroud
i agree completely

just wanted to put another idea out there since some are not convinced with that shot and/or coming off the 5

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
like this
View attachment 3237
View attachment 3237

View attachment 3238

Larry, I like the way your thinking, even though I believe that off the pink is the correct shot. When playing one pocket you try to envision where you wouldn't want to be if you were your opponent. And then try to create something good that will benefit you and reposition the cue ball where you envisioned you wouldn't want to be. Your shot fits my description perfectly, it just so happens that there is imo a better solution to the problem. Never the less you get an "A" for creativity.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
philwelch said:
I like to hit the 6 ball full in the face and stop.

Phil, you're not alone that's the shot I favor also.:D
Rod.
PS; I'm not sure we can hit it though. In which case I like the pink also.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Larry, I like the way your thinking, even though I believe that off the pink is the correct shot. When playing one pocket you try to envision where you wouldn't want to be if you were your opponent. And then try to create something good that will benefit you and reposition the cue ball where you envisioned you wouldn't want to be. Your shot fits my description perfectly, it just so happens that there is imo a better solution to the problem. Never the less you get an "A" for creativity.

Billy I.
thanks billy.
there is hope for my game:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the problem i foresee with hitting the pink ball or 6 ball is leaving a return cross corner bank into the pocket or kick into the 2 ball

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
the problem i foresee with hitting the pink ball or 6 ball is leaving a return cross corner bank into the pocket or kick into the 2 ball
Larry,
That could happen, but nobody can predict where they'll go or where they'll stop.
As Jersey Red would say "I don't know where they're going, but they're leaving here" :D
Rod.
PS; One might go into your pocket ?