Monthly One Pocket at Hard Times Sacramento

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Only 22 players this month, but still a strong field.
Lots of Pool happening on the West Coast this month. California Billiards One Pocket and 10 Ball event, Hard Times in Bellflower's 10 Ball and then the Las Vegas Extravaganza with 8 Ball team events and the US Open One Pocket and US Open 10 Ball... lots of great tournaments and all happening in the span of 30 days.

Sylver Ochoa, Jeff Gregory, Chris MacDonald, Roger Estelle, Frank Nordmann, Bart Mahoney made this event a tough one...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
SactownTom said:
1st Sylver Ochoa
2nd Jeff Gregory
3rd Austin Murphy
4th Bee Davison
5th Don Lim and Frank Nordmann
Is Austin Murphy the young player that was fairly recently a junior national champion? I must be confused -- kids like that don't usually get into One Pocket for a few more years at least...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
NH Steve said:
Is Austin Murphy the young player that was fairly recently a junior national champion? I must be confused -- kids like that don't usually get into One Pocket for a few more years at least...

He has played in quite a few of the one pocket tournaments in the last few years, although this was the first one in quite a while. I don't think he has been playing much at all.

If he ever decides he likes it, we are all in trouble.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Yes, the same. Austin Murphy that won the National Juniors a few years ago.

He is 19 and about to enter college.

He's been playing at Hard Times since he was 12. Not a regular anymore, he discovered Girls and Tennis.

He played well in the One Pocket event.