Best Coast One Pocket

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tonight at the pre event for the one pocket tournament found many top players matching up with matches. Jerry from Ventura, Baby Frank, Frank from Mesa, now living in Mt View, and a Chicago banker (Ike) playing one of the locals. There's much excitement in the air. Many top players getting the feel of the atmosphere. Locals looking to match with the incoming pros or each other. Lots of feeing out. As of one PM, PST, all slots were filled or promised They are still waiting on a call from a player who is driving a great distance to see if he keeps his slot. One thing I found disappointing. No women have signed up for the one pocket. The DCC is finally starting to get a number of ever increasing women and I know there are women out here with the experience to play. This tournament is like when the DCC started. Like the DCC, it will grow and become a major attraction. Next years plans have already started and depending on the outcome of everyone's satisfaction, the California Billiard Club hopes to make this a ten day event with banks or eight ball being added. Myself, I would want last pocket eight ball, or banks.
Anyway a lot of the scuttle butt was how Tony A stiffed everyone on the Reno tournament last year. Even his closet friends said he should have come out and made a statement admitting his errors. Maybe having an oversized ego is good for playing pool, but all it does for you when you can't keep your promises on paying the players, is to make you look like the biggest a-hole in the pool world.
Yuck. Enough about that little item. Tomorrow, 2PM, EST, the fun begins. There will be hot brownies and ice cream with whipped cream, Ghost one pocket t-shirts, California Billiards t-shirts and $4000 added. Many of the
tables have new cloth and all of the tournament tables will be on tight
Gold Crown tables with ball return. The equipment is in very good condition and much credit is due to Chris and his interest in pool for the excellent condition of the tables and the house in general. If Wednesday is like today, look for a very bright sun shiny California day. Lows in the forties, highs in the low sixties.
Don't forget the stream. I will be posting results of games as the day progresses and into the night when there is action. :D
George Micheals
Baby Frank
JR Hendy
Lettuce Larry
Jerry
Rodney
Hugo
Amar
Bryce
Kentucky
Just to name a few of the locals who showed for the action. More post to come.:rolleyes: :eek: :D :cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks a lot for posting this -- I wish I was there, but it is great to have insiders there since I am not!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Disappointed that no women are in the 1P tournament?? To me that would be a nice plus. Women playing in predominantly men's tournaments are like ants at a picnic. It may be unavoidable, but it sure is unpleasant. I like looking at T & A as well as the next guy, but it's better to observe them in their own events.:D

I didn't realize you'd gotten so PC, Bill. See what happens when you live in California?;)

Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
One Pocket Yee haw

One Pocket Yee haw

I didn't realize you'd gotten so PC, Bill. See what happens when you live in California?;)

Doc[/QUOTE]

I'm very PC doc. I don't care who donates to me. Be it two legged. Bow legged. Yellow. Green. Black or white. All are welcome to give to Kentuckys Pool Rehabilitation fund. There are a couple of very good women players in the area and I thought they would jump at the chance to play against the top players in the world. The other way I look at it is that there has to be a big enough following in pool for the top 2% of players to get a healthy way of life like in any other sport or game. Frigging chess players make more than pool players. Until the perception of pool goes from the dark, smoke-filled rooms of the past to the well lit, family orientated rooms of today, the chances of players making a sustainable living isn't going to happen. I have been trying to get Apple to come over and watch the tournament to get them interested in sponsorship, but they are hung in the past perception as others. Maybe Google. They are here also along with Cisco, Yahoo, and all the others. All it will take is for one of these big Internet companies to see enough potential to get sponsorship. That may be wish fill thinking, but I'm a head in the sky kind of guy. Today's the day. The Brownies are in the oven and the cue shaft has been cleaned and waxed. YEEE HAWWW.:cool: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Early matches/updates

Early matches/updates

Streaming tables, JR Hendy, Jeff Carter
Corey Duel, Chris Bartram
Other notetibles
Bart Marhony, Santos
Damien Alisham, Scott Frost
Alex wins his first match vs Chris Swart
Alex Bradley over Ian Costello
Deo vs Shaking Dave
1:30 matches
Ike vs Mitch Ellerman
Bee vs Amar
Baby Frank vs Patrick Stuart
Jose Parica vs Jerry Machin
Robert Egan vs Silva Ochoa
Later, more to come.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Did Jeff Gregory get into the One Pocket?
Are there brackets available anywhere?

Damn... I hate having to work this week. This is just killing me.
:(

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SactownTom said:
Did Jeff Gregory get into the One Pocket?
Are there brackets available anywhere?

Damn... I hate having to work this week. This is just killing me.
:(

I hear ya... Blackjack was raving about he felt that Jeff Carter was one of the best players ever or something to that effect, so that would have been a good match to watch. It really SUCKS to be at work, when you want to watch a great onepocket tourney:mad:

I sure hope Lenny is recording these, so he can put them up for us to watch later.

PLEASE LENNY!!!!!:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Jeff Carter makes long rail bank and runs out second game for two to one advantage. Wins 3-1. Real Bartham edges Cory. Mike Davis, Scott, ghost, Alex, Santos move on. 1:30 matches Streaming, Ike, Mitch Ellerman, Jose Parica, Jerry Machin. 1:30 results, Ochoa, Martinez, Shuffle, rich, move along. Couple of games that have local interest are Amar Kang vs Bee, and Scott Mahoney vs Chris macDonald. Send now for your one pocket t-shirts or your California Billiards t-shirt.