Who R dey?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Roy Killer Kilroy Kosmanski, Mexican Johnny Vasquez, Frank Bananas Rodriquez, and George Michaels, with the guy hiding behind the program, Danny DiLiberto.

Beard

Thier was a great Wrighsler named Killer Kolwaskie. Do you remember him?

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Mexican Johny reminds me off that great Pitcher. Vinezwayla from the Dogers. I hope that was the team.

I sure spent a lot off time Hustling with Johny. And he would never bet his horse money too play pool.

WE would go too some good mexican restaurants too eat. And the hoter the food the better Johny liket it.

We were real close. Its a shame he left Chicago. And his trade mark was raping up his one peace cue with newspaper.

Joe spath played with a one peace house cue too. Pool will realy miss those players.

They were the real deal.

Us Spanish speaking people knew Mexican Johnny as "cabezon". Big Head.

Frank Almanza said:
Us Spanish speaking people knew Mexican Johnny as "cabezon". Big Head.

Frank, are you of Hispanic descent? I thought your last name was Italian, but some Italian and Spanish names are similar. Now that I think of it, it is more Hispanic. But, some people have altered their surname, so it's sometimes hard to tell. Either way, it's a good name. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thier was a great Wrighsler named Killer Kolwaskie. Do you remember him?[/QUOTE

Your not getting that old after all. If you remember all these people by thier names.

Its amazing but were still her. And your mind is still working good. Maybe people remember better the older they get.

Some people take naps when they get older and other people dont. I wounder what causes that.

Imagine if evertying in our life was recorded that went in and out off our brain.

Thier would be a lot too record. All those years and all the things we have done.

Thier sure would be a lot. And all the things we forgot. And just making a list off all the people we met and places we have been.

Sure would be interesting.

cuesmith

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
A futher hint.

Beard

Danny D, of course.. And the one on the bottom right was your partner in Hot Springs when Billy Carrelli and Little Al heisted you guys. George Michaels.

Rodan

Verified Member
Here's Another One

Here's Another One

Here's Another one.

I came across this guy in Reno in about 1983.
I was impressed by his cool attitude and firm stance.
I don't know where he is now.

Rodan.

Attachments

• 83 IRON MAN.JPG
    83 IRON MAN.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
fred bentivegna said:
That is very strong, CaliRed.

Beard

I did get very lucky on that one... huh? I saw him and instantly thought of Squiggy, but the picture I found was a great find.:D

Also, I held back from cheating, because on a few of them if you right clicked on the photo and did a Save As, it told you who they were in the filename.:)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Give me a break, Sherm

Give me a break, Sherm

cuesmith said:
Danny D, of course.. And the one on the bottom right was your partner in Hot Springs when Billy Carrelli and Little Al heisted you guys. George Michaels.

George and I were in Hot Springs for about 2 months, the whole racing meet. We gambled for big money on a daily basis, at Danny's pool room, the Bowling Alley and Good Time Charley's Bar. If we did get heisted one night, it sure didnt stop us. We created more action that year than anybody else the previous 20. We played against Ronnie Allen, Puckett, Steve the Lizard, Ali Oop, Mexican Richie from Amarillo, James Christopher, Mountain Man, Good Time Charley, Floyd Baxter, Country Calvin, Joe Salazar, Vernon Eliot, Sonny White... to name a few. In those days George and I had no other source of income, so we must have beat a few sumbitches.

Beard
Incidentally, neither guy, Billy Carelli or Little Al has a perfect record against the Beard, and Carelli required a spot.

Last edited:

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
Hot Springs

Hot Springs

I used to go to Hot Springs every year with my dad and my sister. We had a combination fish and ski boat and we spent great times on Lake Hamilton. Many people are moving there now from Florida and California, trying to get away from the Hurricanes and Earthquakes. There used to be great pool action but now there isnt even a poolroom in the whole town.

Dinoboy

bstroud

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thier was a great Wrighsler named Killer Kolwaskie. Do you remember him?[/QUOTE

Your not getting that old after all. If you remember all these people by thier names.

Its amazing but were still her. And your mind is still working good. Maybe people remember better the older they get.

Some people take naps when they get older and other people dont. I wounder what causes that.

Imagine if evertying in our life was recorded that went in and out off our brain.

Thier would be a lot too record. All those years and all the things we have done.

Thier sure would be a lot. And all the things we forgot. And just making a list off all the people we met and places we have been.

Sure would be interesting.

I think everything is still in your memory. You just have to find it.

I remember when Killer and Roggoff came into Dallas on the road. They had to be the lightest road warriors ever. Killer with his cigar and Bunny with his wallet with the chain. They should have stayed out of the pool room and in the bars.

Later after I started making cues Killer was at the Rack. He called me every day to tell me what was going on. He usually called about 3:00AM but I took the call anyway. He was just too funny to miss.

I really miss Tugboat, Fatty, Cosmo, Omaha and yes even Freddy. We could all use a little more humor in out lives. Especially now that we are older.

I don't think I have ever have laughed as hard as in the pool room.

Bill Stroud

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Capone

Capone

Hot Springs so I heard was Capones getaway.Like his place in Northern WI.It sold a couple years ago.A mansion on 400 acres with machine gun turrets and all.People said it was like walking back into the 30's......Killer Kowalski used to be on TV on Sat night along with Mad Dog Vachon,Tiny Mills the Lumberjack,The Crusher,Dick the Bruiser,Vern Gagne.Wally Carbo was the promoter up here in the Midwest.As slippery as they come.Black and White.The best color was in the poolrooms.......

crystal cue

Verified Member
usblues said:
Hot Springs so I heard was Capones getaway.Like his place in Northern WI.It sold a couple years ago.A mansion on 400 acres with machine gun turrets and all.People said it was like walking back into the 30's.....

Capone also made his way to the upper penninsula of Mi.He had a hideout deep in the woods on Lake Stella that still stands,but is more of a cabin than a mansion,he also stayed at the house of ludington,that is still in operation,on the shore of little bay de noc in the town of Escanaba.
He stayed there because he had access to the storm drains from there and from there he could escape and come out on the other side of town,the drains are also still there.And that is my tidbit of useless information for today.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
usblues said:
Hot Springs so I heard was Capones getaway.Like his place in Northern WI.It sold a couple years ago.A mansion on 400 acres with machine gun turrets and all.People said it was like walking back into the 30's......Killer Kowalski used to be on TV on Sat night along with Mad Dog Vachon,Tiny Mills the Lumberjack,The Crusher,Dick the Bruiser,Vern Gagne.Wally Carbo was the promoter up here in the Midwest.As slippery as they come.Black and White.The best color was in the poolrooms.......[/QUOTE

THat pretty good I use too watch them on TV on wrighsling. Dick the Brusier was one off my favorites.

People thought for years that ie was real. And would even bet on those wrighsling matches. Unbleivable. How much smarter people got.

I hope all the people wake up in all the countries they have been taken advantage off long enough.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Times square

Times square

I dont know Artie,back then you couldnt get enough.Now you get too much.Is it real or is it Memorex?Now they wear T-shirts then they wore suits.You and me and Billy and Grady et al here[oldtimers] have seen changes come and go.Can't discuss the world here but thankfully we have the green felt jungle for home where we can be 21 again if only for awhile.Lots of OK Corral scenes just a few have picked up on considering the billions of breaks across the years.We all appreciate a good story-teller and your one so dont stop the dance,cheers and Springtime in the Rockies,B.....remember Lou Thesz the barefoot champion wrestler from the 60's?I wish I had a video of him and the Killer......

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
usblues said:
I dont know Artie,back then you couldnt get enough.Now you get too much.Is it real or is it Memorex?Now they wear T-shirts then they wore suits.You and me and Billy and Grady et al here[oldtimers] have seen changes come and go.Can't discuss the world here but thankfully we have the green felt jungle for home where we can be 21 again if only for awhile.Lots of OK Corral scenes just a few have picked up on considering the billions of breaks across the years.We all appreciate a good story-teller and your one so dont stop the dance,cheers and Springtime in the Rockies,B.....remember Lou Thesz the barefoot champion wrestler from the 60's?I wish I had a video of him and the Killer......[/QUOT

I would bet even money you watched Tarzan and Jane too. And Shocket theater. Those were the good old days. When I grew up they didnt ecen have TV.

What would kids do today. With out TV? Or Telephones?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Tarzan

Tarzan

Oh hell yes,plus I just heard Tarzana the LA suburb was where ER Burroughs,the Tarzan writer lived in the 20's-30's!Just read a good book about Vegas in the 50's-60's about the law vs. the mafia.You sure got there at a good time as you can be your own man like in the Wild West aye?Not dependant on some fatso's who would just as soon slit your throat as look at you like NYC or Jersey.......not that I would know about that.......I did get lucky in Tucson in 72 when I ran into a mob lawyer who got my case dismissed on a technicality.......but percentages were your game aye?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
usblues said:
I dont know Artie,back then you couldnt get enough.Now you get too much.Is it real or is it Memorex?Now they wear T-shirts then they wore suits.You and me and Billy and Grady et al here[oldtimers] have seen changes come and go.Can't discuss the world here but thankfully we have the green felt jungle for home where we can be 21 again if only for awhile.Lots of OK Corral scenes just a few have picked up on considering the billions of breaks across the years.We all appreciate a good story-teller and your one so dont stop the dance,cheers and Springtime in the Rockies,B.....remember Lou Thesz the barefoot champion wrestler from the 60's?I wish I had a video of him and the Killer......[/QUOT

I would bet even money you watched Tarzan and Jane too. And Shocket theater. Those were the good old days. When I grew up they didnt ecen have TV.

What would kids do today. With out TV? Or Telephones?

I know I watched them. Shock Theatre use to play at 12 midnight each Saturday night. All the great old horror shows. That's not what traumatized me though. When I was ten I got into a Hershel Gordon Lewis movie called BLOOD FEAST. Big mistake. When my folks went out to party, I saw that grey headed guy coming in every window. I just knew I was next on his list.

I went to wrestling matches a few times but always knew the deal. They use to print -exhibition- right on the tickets. But a lot of the crowd would fight you if you tried to clue them in, especially here in the south. You could have fun if you just go along.

I got banned from AZ Billiards. I criticized an aiming system and used a four letter word in describing my feelings. Now I am so glad. I have been able to read Bodendorfer and study him for weeks, along with my other idols. I'm like Grady. This is pool. PG don't cut it with me. That ban was the sorriest thing I ever saw but what a blessing. You guys deserve a medal and someone needs a crash course in Southern Hospitality.................... adios amigos

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
4 letters

4 letters

Well JB,if I may be so bold as too use that shortcut,it is a trip here what with the stories from the cats who were there.At least a dozen guys here who,maybe 6, who lay it down and crack you up with their escapades.Back when men were men,women were women and children worked in factories.......

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Rocca

Rocca

Your probably right,am I thinking of Antonio Rocca?I was 90% sure it was Thesz but I am no historian,thanks,B....just to get an idea of your pedigree who did the Crusher and Dick the Bruiser play for in the 50's?Thanks again.