Another alfie taylor givaway

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
EDDIE TAYLOR & THE LEGENDS OF POOL DVD...2hrs. 5min.

I had such a good time with my book givaway that I want to give five copies of this classic DVD, It begins at Eddie's Hall Of Fame induction, with testimonials from champions like Steve Mizrack, Grady Mathews, Jim Rempe and Minnesota Fats about Eddies prowess with the cue. Next it segue's into his induction ceremony. Then things take a serious downturn, that few people know about.

The excitement of the weekend was too much for Eddie and when he returned home he had a masssive heart attack. By the time he reached the hospital he was gone. After six minutes of shock treatments the doctor wanted to stop, but Eddie's wife, Violet, who was a nurse, insisted they keep trying. After eighteen minutes he returned but the doctor figured he would be brain damaged. Not Mr. Taylor. He could remember everything. I scooted down to Shreveport, camera's in hand.

First we went to Bill Schick's pool room where Eddie shows what banking balls is all about, as well as other pool tips. Following that we went to Eddie's house where I sat off camera and asked Eddie questions about other champions and what the road was really like out there in his day.
I produced this first on a video and didn't really try to market it. Now it's tranferred to DVD.

Let's run the contest through the 15th of this month. All you have to do is register. Thanks and keep it nice. Alfie

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Register?

Register?

I had such a good time with my book givaway that I want to give five copies of this classic DVD, It begins at Eddie's Hall Of Fame induction, with testimonials from champions like Steve Mizrack, Grady Mathews, Jim Rempe and Minnesota Fats about Eddies prowess with the cue. Next it segue's into his induction ceremony. Then things take a serious downturn, that few people know about.

The excitement of the weekend was too much for Eddie and when he returned home he had a masssive heart attack. By the time he reached the hospital he was gone. After six minutes of shock treatments the doctor wanted to stop, but Eddie's wife, Violet, who was a nurse, insisted they keep trying. After eighteen minutes he returned but the doctor figured he would be brain damaged. Not Mr. Taylor. He could remember everything. I scooted down to Shreveport, camera's in hand.

First we went to Bill Schick's pool room where Eddie shows what banking balls is all about, as well as other pool tips. Following that we went to Eddie's house where I sat off camera and asked Eddie questions about other champions and what the road was really like out there in his day.
I produced this first on a video and didn't really try to market it. Now it's tranferred to DVD.

Let's run the contest through the 15th of this month. All you have to do is register. Thanks and keep it nice. Alfie

Register where? I would really like that DVD. The Bear was one of my all-timers. Do I have to do anything, god forbid, with DickBrain? I would rather pay triple retail.

Beard

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Register where? I would really like that DVD. The Bear was one of my all-timers. Do I have to do anything, god forbid, with DickBrain? I would rather pay triple retail.

Beard

Sir Beard. You just did register. Good luck. Thank you.
Keep it nice. Alfie

SJDinPHX

Suspended

There you go again...GIVING stuff away. Aren't you ever going to SELL anything ?..I am begining to wonder if my $200K job is secure..:eek:
Will my monthly check for 17K still continue to clear OK..?..:frus

S.J. Mc Duck, CEO, Taylor Productions.

PS..I see the dipshit from Chicago, is slandering me again..The odds of him being drawn, just shot up to 7 billion to 1..:sorry:. NOT !
Alf...Isn't it my turn to draw the numbers ?..I was thinking more like quadruple retail (plus $50 S&H) for BeardBrain..:p

Last edited:

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
come on guys

come on guys

There you go again...GIVING stuff away. Aren't you ever going to SELL anything ?..I am begining to wonder if my $200K job is secure..:eek:

PS..I see the dipshit from Chicago, is slandering me again..The odds of him being drawn, just shot up to 7 billion to 1..:sorry:. NOT !

Are we really going to use my givaway for another boxing ring? I personally think you two guys really love each other and are trying to cover it up with your sparring...or not. There was a time in my life when I really liked mixing it up, but, alas, along with age comes wisdom...or maybe cowardice....I don't know.
Keep it nice. (not bloody likely) Alfie.

And yes, Dick. I like giving stuff away. You don't get many returns or complaints.

Deeman

Verified Member
I should not be so lucky twice but I am in like Flynn. :)

DeeMan

Richard101

lurker checking in

lurker checking in

7 Years of lurkin, will check in for this one. :D

Deeman

Verified Member
Alfie,

I just received my copy of "The Other Side of the Road" in the afternoon mail. I read a few pages and now know what I will be doing tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks, I can already tell it is one that is hard to put down. Great cover art as well.

DeeMan

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sign me up, also. You have picked a slow time on this forum and injected a bit of action into it. Good on you. Send me one of them DVDs, just address it to Bill.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I don't believe it

I don't believe it

Alfie,

I just received my copy of "The Other Side of the Road" in the afternoon mail. I read a few pages and now know what I will be doing tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks, I can already tell it is one that is hard to put down. Great cover art as well.

DeeMan

I just received 'My Personalized Copy' of "The Other Side Of The Road" a few minutes ago and I got to page 20 and see Coca Cola Bill. I said damn. I thought I was the only one who use to go around opening up coke and vending machines. It was another one of those things where I thought to myself, 'Why isn't everybody doing this? Its so easy. I used a regular metal fingernail file with the wide handle part heavily taped up. Those machines had such simple locks, about all you had to do was work it up and down while at the same time applying a little turning pressure to the right and the machine would open right up. Only time I ever got almost caught, I had gone into a washerette place late at night. I was alone in there so I quickly opened it up, slid out the coin box, emptied about $30 in my pocket, got me three cokes, slid the box back in and then hit the black button to empty out the change tube, quickly shut the door back and locked it back up. I raked out about 15 nickels and rammed them in my pocket. Then I see a cop casually walking in the place as the last 7 or 8 nickels drop into the tiny change receptacle. He says whatcha doing? I say, just getting me some drinks for later on. He says, why are all those nickels coming out of the machine? I said well I bought three sodas so it owed me a lot of change cause I didn't have the right change. Any moron would know that didn't make sense but he just looked at the machine real close and I said goodnight and got in my car and drove off. Oh yea, I'm gonna love this book. Thanks Alfie Taylor and registrate my ass

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I would like to thank Alfie for the book & register for the dvd as well. I'm feeling lucky (again). thanks for the sweat, Alfie.

Dave

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
I just received 'My Personalized Copy' of "The Other Side Of The Road" a few minutes ago and I got to page 20 and see Coca Cola Bill. I said damn. I thought I was the only one who use to go around opening up coke and vending machines. It was another one of those things where I thought to myself, 'Why isn't everybody doing this? Its so easy. I used a regular metal fingernail file with the wide handle part heavily taped up. Those machines had such simple locks, about all you had to do was work it up and down while at the same time applying a little turning pressure to the right and the machine would open right up. Only time I ever got almost caught, I had gone into a washerette place late at night. I was alone in there so I quickly opened it up, slid out the coin box, emptied about $30 in my pocket, got me three cokes, slid the box back in and then hit the black button to empty out the change tube, quickly shut the door back and locked it back up. I raked out about 15 nickels and rammed them in my pocket. Then I see a cop casually walking in the place as the last 7 or 8 nickels drop into the tiny change receptacle. He says whatcha doing? I say, just getting me some drinks for later on. He says, why are all those nickels coming out of the machine? I said well I bought three sodas so it owed me a lot of change cause I didn't have the right change. Any moron would know that didn't make sense but he just looked at the machine real close and I said goodnight and got in my car and drove off. Oh yea, I'm gonna love this book. Thanks Alfie Taylor and registrate my ass

That's quite a story (make that confession) Jimmy B. Here's a similar one that turned out a little funkier: In the 60s a good player named Ray Booth came to Dallas with a red haired kid (who's ass I taxed real good a couple of times) Later I found out the kid had some soft drink machines of his own in Florida. Somebody was robbing one of his machines on a regular basis. The kid hid in the bushes or somewhere, watching his machine when, sure enough, the thief began breaking into it. When the kid popped out to nab him, the thief turned around and shot him...dead. Can you believe something as petty as coke machine thievery cost me a perfectly good sucker?
I hope you enjoy my adventures.
Keep it nice. Alfie