WWYD Out of Boredom

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I took Di to the airport this morning to go see her Mom. I planned to watch The Masters all day up until Tony and Billy started at 4PM mountain time, I did. Well that ended in a hurry so I was now bored. I went downstairs to try some 1pocket ghost using a kick break for something to do. I really want to run a 15 using that break but it's tough, but I'm determined (I have until Monday evening).

Here's a picture of the balls after the break and I was wondering if you were playing the 1pocket ghost where your pocket is the lower left, WWYD? I have the video of my solution that I'll post after a while.

Opening Shot WWYD.jpg

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
If the 9-ball cannot go two rails between the 1-ball and 3-ball THEN I would play the 9-ball three rails. The 9-ball would strike the third rail and carom off the 2-ball into the scoring pocket.

OR I would once again play the 9-ball, but only one rail down table and have it come back and carom off the 10-ball and 6-ball cluster into the scoring pocket.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
If the 9-ball cannot go two rails between the 1-ball and 3-ball THEN I would play the 9-ball three rails. The 9-ball would strike the third rail and carom off the 2-ball into the scoring pocket.

OR I would once again play the 9-ball, but only one rail down table and have it come back and carom off the 10-ball and 6-ball cluster into the scoring pocket.
No wonder you did so well in the MOT!!! What a creative mind.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I took Di to the airport this morning to go see her Mom. I planned to watch The Masters all day up until Tony and Billy started at 4PM mountain time, I did. Well that ended in a hurry so I was now bored. I went downstairs to try some 1pocket ghost using a kick break for something to do. I really want to run a 15 using that break but it's tough, but I'm determined (I have until Monday evening).

Here's a picture of the balls after the break and I was wondering if you were playing the 1pocket ghost where your pocket is the lower left, WWYD? I have the video of my solution that I'll post after a while.

View attachment 442972
Are you playing the cue ball from there or ball in hand?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just so you all know, a half hour ago I finally ran all 15 balls using the kick break. I'm saving it to YouTube now. Made one on the break and had a 3 ball combo to start the run. Pool is so fickle, last night I was tortured off the break, today gifts from pool heaven. Yay for gifts.