WWYD - Canadian Ghost Version #6

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Well Mr. Potier tried to thin the 13 (Option #1). Not sure if he was trying to slide past or mildly carom the 6 but hit it a little fat and let me in with this. Screwed back for 11 and that cleared my pocket....made 7balls (in total) and got thin on the 4 ball... hung it in the jaws. Effectively over and out.

1667362434182.png

Last edited:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Paul is much too conservative but that would be my shot and it protects the cue ball.
It's his way. Looks at everything and almost never pulls the trigger until he has weighed out all options. His super power is his touch and almost never beats himself.

For those who don't know Paul:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I think it's what he tried. I was happy to get in and do some damage.
I didn't have time to reply what I thought could go wrong with a bit of a bad hit going thick, this is exactly what I envisioned.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Bank the 6 off the foot rail back at the 13 with medium speed…
Use high left English and go to the side rail with the cue ball
and billiard the 11 ball towards your pocket…
might make it or put it close to your pocket and
the cue ball could fall behind the 10 ball on the
foot rail…not a difficult shot to perform and the results
could be favorable…
Jeff, yes this is a very creative shot, and yes I seen it but did not comment on it, for if you look at the third picture of Paul looking straight down at your shot, it appears the 3 ball has the cb path captured.
I agree it would make for an excellent video.
It is an excellent shot!
Another shot if it is there, is to hit the 6 straight on and two rail it to your side and leave the cb by the opponent's hole.

Not sure a video is in the works, for the table is now being used for engine parts sprawled out all over it.
thanks for suggesting a video.
Whitey

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Option #1 White Lines - Decent ball runner but not a top flight runner. Thin cut on 13. Two rails to bottom. I don't try and get cute by trying to nudge up against 11 or 6.
No way would I attempt this one -- that is a lot of distance to hit that thin skim accurately enough. I like half-ball hits, but not so much thin ones that have to be fine tuned from that distance -- and with a pocket scratch possible too. No way for me.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Where’s Whitey when you need him? Need a video please…
Hardly anything can go wrong with the shot I suggested…
Difficult to miss the whole 11 ball with the natural angle they
lay at! As long as you contact the 11 and move it over
it’s hard to give up a return bank with the 10 ball there…
Plus banking the 6 back up table at the 13/8 area may tie up
some of those balls…
Your shot was one of my first inclinations too. But in real life I believe I would have shot the high karate on the 10 ball because it is easier to execute, and with the lead, it accomplishes more of the "move balls up table/away from opponent's pocket" priority.

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well Mr. Potier tried to thin the 13 (Option #1). Not sure if he was trying to slide past or mildly carom the 6 but hit it a little fat and let me in with this. Screwed back for 11 and that cleared my pocket....made 7balls (in total) and got thin on the 4 ball... hung it in the jaws. Effectively over and out.

View attachment 439595
nick
i love it when you speak canadian to me ...... 😂
(i know the brits with snooker use that term for draw)
thanks for the wwyd