World One Pocket?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I was thinking about this the other day. What if you took the top 4 one pocket players from each country and put them on a team to have like a world/mosconi cup style battle. I think it could be pretty neat. You do a round robin so each player on the team plays each of the other 4 opponents, plus you have 2 doubles matches where the team mates can coach each other, etc.

As I was thinking about this I was thinking who those players might be and here is what came up with off the top of my head. Help me fill in the blanks or give me some of your opinions. Obviously we can only do a few countries that we know how they play but here you go:

USA - Chohan, Chip, SVB, Frost
PHI - Orcollo, Busty, Gomez, Reyes
CAN - Alex, Morra, ?, ?
UK- Shaw, Melling, Appleton, ?
RUS - Fedor, Ruslan, Tkach?, ?
GER - Filler, ?, ?, ?

I am sure there are many I am missing....

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Philipines would win
Jmho
What about 'The Lion', he should be on the PHI team. I believe Busty could be the best OP player in the world right now. It is unfortunate he is not getting any challenge matches against top US players. He has a short time frame at his age. PHI against PHI just does not make for a good challenge match.
Also how about Corey Deul on the US team. The way he dismantled Orcollo, showed a cue ball control from him that I never seen before.
But I think it would be a close team match between US and PHI.
The list of players for the US certainly could grow, for there are players really stepping up. It boils down to who can handle the pressure. Pressure is key in Mosconi Play.
Whitey

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
What about 'The Lion', he should be on the PHI team. I believe Busty could be the best OP player in the world right now. It is unfortunate he is not getting any challenge matches against top US players. He has a short time frame at his age. PHI against PHI just does not make for a good challenge match.
Also how about Corey Deul on the US team. The way he dismantled Orcollo, showed a cue ball control from him that I never seen before.
But I think it would be a close team match between US and PHI.
The list of players for the US certainly could grow, for there are players really stepping up. It boils down to who can handle the pressure. Pressure is key in Mosconi Play.
Whitey
Well Alex is Canadian so he has to stay on that team :)

Plus, with Morra playing well lately, they may have a good team if they can have another 1 or 2 good one hole players.

I agree with you about Deuel, he has always been one of my faves whose game is underrated. Love his creativity. There are a few people that may be interchangeable on the US team for sure.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Cincy, I think The Lion is PHI. but lives in Canada. Correct if I am wrong.

But following along the Mosconi Cup, I think that US and PHI would be great.
and,
World Cup would then include all your listed countries. Playing for money, singles and doubles. The money and huge spectator draw is a must.
thanks for the thread! Whitey

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Cincy, I think The Lion is PHI. but lives in Canada. Correct if I am wrong.

But following along the Mosconi Cup, I think that US and PHI would be great.
and,
World Cup would then include all your listed countries. Playing for money, singles and doubles. The money and huge spectator draw is a must.
thanks for the thread! Whitey
You are correct on Alex, but doesn't he play on the canadian team when they are doing different countries for other world events? Plus it helps balance it more across the countries, PHI would be too strong if they get Alex too!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I would not put Cohan on a team. He is not steady. So which Tony will show up, The world beater or the one who loses first round in tournaments.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
the right pot stocks go up next year or so as they become profitable.
most of mine are up from where i got in. but they will all fluctuate a lot so it takes a tough stomach to put your money in them. except for tilray most of mine did well today.
its still early in the cycle.
I make quite a bit three years ago and sold at the right time. I then bought Apriha which in turn was bought by Tilray. I have a bunch of Tilray, ETII, and something else. I am still making money, just not hand over fist like I like. When the pandemic ends, I will be healthy like wow. I started with $65K and took that our years ago.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I believe at some point Alex had a falling out with the official Philipine pool organization -- if there is such a thing. It had something to do with them accusing him of sharking, I think I read.