Whos shot is it?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
A little slow here now for the last month or so ever since the drunk drove Freddie away who had the coolest stories and shared like a brother.Who's going to take his place?Who's shot is it?Billy? He's busy.Ghost,Doc,Alf,Petie,beatle,Vapros,their pretty quiet and mainly retort.Artie?Gone.Am I missing someone?Johns been carrying us and he's busy and its not his bag to say alot.He's quiet and deadly at 70.So......where do we go men......any leaders out there?With the inside dope from the day when the guys who made this game famous[to us] can impart a nugget or two.....I'm starvin here......no offense to all and everyone who posts here.We all know where its at.......cheers,Bob

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I agree that it was good when the posters you mentioned were active but online forums are kind of weird. Stuff gets outta hand. I really see no reason for people to hold a grudge but I don't get my feathers ruffled easy and don't get into fire fights either.

If they want to come back they will. Otherwise we're gonna have to do without.

It would be nice to get some tidbits from the legends here and there. Some of my favorite threads were those that the absentees were involved in.

Dudley

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
If .....

If .....

....there was a better thread than all the boys coming on with their ancient,aggressive down and dirty wicked and mellow persons matching skills,raps and styles,the table was the place to strut their stuff 25 hours a day.My heros growing up along with Mickey Mantle and James Dean.Was just fishing I guess Dudley for a yarn or even a myth waiting to be exploded into a kaliadescope of merry memories and lots of smart shots.Hope I didnt lean on yer bad self on that other shot thraed today.Your one of the men I was referring to here,cheers,Bob

SJDinPHX

Suspended
A little slow here now for the last month or so ever since the drunk drove Freddie away who had the coolest stories and shared like a brother.Who's going to take his place?Who's shot is it?Billy? He's busy.Ghost,Doc,Alf,Petie,beatle,Vapros,their pretty quiet and mainly retort.Artie?Gone.Am I missing someone?Johns been carrying us and he's busy and its not his bag to say alot.He's quiet and deadly at 70.So......where do we go men......any leaders out there?With the inside dope from the day when the guys who made this game famous[to us] can impart a nugget or two.....I'm starvin here......no offense to all and everyone who posts here.We all know where its at.......cheers,Bob

Bob, (just caught this)

I can only assume, that you are refering to me, as "the drunk that drove Freddie away"...I'm sorry you feel that way, and you may not be alone in your thinking. I shall try and explain to you, or anyone in your frame of mind...In my defense I would like to say, I use this forum for comraderie mostly, and for making fun of myself, AND others...I enjoy making fun of myself, and I do it daily..My friends are aware of this, and I think thats why they are my friends..inside, or out of pool.

It is NOT my fault, that there are a few people on this forum, that do not, or NEVER will have the capacity to laugh at themselves...
..(I actually feel sorry for them)...Consequently, I may have bruised a few ego's...If you think 'driving someone away' was my main agenda..then you misunderstood me, just as they did.

OK Bob, I shall now go into my 'boring vanlla mode,' and be careful not to step on any easily hurt toes..NOT ! ;)...I only wish, that there were more guy's, like Tyler Durden, (and several others) who I can actually have a disagreement with, and have a sensible debate... And not have it end up, in a profane, endless, vendetta. (see 'Smoking Ban' thread)

Super Duck <--Admits to having a little bite, to his sarcastic humor, and may tend to go after those, most offended by it...But he has always lived by this credo...."F@@k 'em if they can't take a joke" ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
blue -

blue -

I am one of the people here who likes making fun of myself. In that regard I am a bit like the Desert Duck. I'm glad he posted to explain his attitude to you, and that's about the way most of us see him - especially those of us who have been here a long time. You have to learn to take him like he is or else just skip his stuff, and on occasion that would be your loss. He's a cantankerous old fart, but sometimes he's funny, and that's important. I like Dick pretty good, and we always get along. I think he would be a good friend to have. Come to think of it, he is one of mine, for sure.

The difference between Dick and me in our posting is that if we see we are offending someone, I will back off and go in another direction, but he is much more likely to pile it on. No doubt he has his reasons.

Does he drink? I've heard that he does (from him). Did he run off Freddie the Beard? Probably did. Does he care? 'Fraid not. It is what it is. Be well.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The difference between Dick and me in our posting is that if we see we are offending someone, I will back off and go in another direction, but he is much more likely to pile it on. No doubt he has his reasons.

Does he drink? I've heard that he does (from him). Did he run off Freddie the Beard? Probably did. Does he care? 'Fraid not. It is what it is. Be well.

I don't think so. Lets not blame him for that. Wasn't him.
Rod.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Say what....

Say what....

.....nah,forget this thread.Whats done is done.What matters is the stories of old.The soul and backbone of this site,the rest is just conversation.Like today,the Matt24 guy and the Buck stories,Great!Guys come on,guys fall off,the stories keep us together to our connection to the misty paths and doors to the great games every time we put our cues together and say to ourselves "I wish Greenleaf were here cause I'd love to play him and tell him I know about the pumpkins too"...cheers,James

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Bob, (just caught this)

I can only assume, that you are refering to me, as "the drunk that drove Freddie away"...I'm sorry you feel that way, and you may not be alone in your thinking. I shall try and explain to you, or anyone in your frame of mind...In my defense I would like to say, I use this forum for comraderie mostly, and for making fun of myself, AND others...I enjoy making fun of myself, and I do it daily..My friends are aware of this, and I think thats why they are my friends..inside, or out of pool.

It is NOT my fault, that there are a few people on this forum, that do not, or NEVER will have the capacity to laugh at themselves...
..(I actually feel sorry for them)...Consequently, I may have bruised a few ego's...If you think 'driving someone away' was my main agenda..then you misunderstood me, just as they did.

OK Bob, I shall now go into my 'boring vanlla mode,' and be careful not to step on any easily hurt toes..NOT ! ;)...I only wish, that there were more guy's, like Tyler Durden, (and several others) who I can actually have a disagreement with, and have a sensible debate... And not have it end up, in a profane, endless, vendetta. (see 'Smoking Ban' thread)

Super Duck <--Admits to having a little bite, to his sarcastic humor, and may tend to go after those, most offended by it...But he has always lived by this credo...."F@@k 'em if they can't take a joke" ! :rolleyes:

Smoke or no smoke, you'll always be ok in my book. I'd just prefer the no smoke, but you already knew that :heh Not saying you have to feel the same of me, I will almost always stand by my thoughts, and as for the rest, come what may :cool: