The Unknown !!!

Shorty Bankz

Can someone give me a reason or explanation on why you double bank a long rail bank shot when you’re only trying to go one rail into the bottom corners and lose in a 8 ball game … Thanks in advance …

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
In my small town they have had an in town 8 ball league for 30 years. Most all of these players have never even seen the inside of a real pool room.
But,
they know when playing the 8 ball bank you play it at pocket speed 'always', period! It not only takes away the hole, so the opponent cannot use that hole, it blocks your opponent's shots to that hole, but it also leaves the 8 ball right there putting pressure on your opponent, and you have an easy shot when the opponent misses.

So, the answer is the player does not know 8 ball if he banks it so hard, he loses the game by double banking it into the wrong hole. The farm boys know that!
Whitey

Renegade_56

Verified Member
when playing the 8 ball bank you play it at pocket speed 'always', period! It not only takes away the hole, so the opponent cannot use that hole,
Whitey
What? Is this some new 8 ball rule or something, both players cannot call the 8 ball in the same pocket?

I never play 8 ball,,,,,,,,,,,,