Thank you from the Freddy Bentivegna Family

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Dear OnePocket.org family,

With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our beloved father, grandfather, best friend, spiritual guide, mentor, comedian, chef, author and globally adored pool champion, sports personality and legend, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna, on Wednesday June 18th, from complications due to pneumonia.

He was the Foremost Pool Scientist of America when it came to bank pool - period. He was also the Successor to Minnesota Fats when it came to storytelling. He made us laugh, right? He was "Real."

He had the greatest friends - young and old - amateur to expert to pool bug to egg to square - all the colors of the rainbow - every faith and ethnicity accounted for - that a guy could ever wish to have. He judged no one - except perhaps their pool game. His phone rang off the hook every single day - morning, noon and night - from FRIENDS wanting to say hi. He was rich with friendship.

His entire life was filled with excitement, love, laughter and adventure. He didn't waste a second. He went "all in." He regretted nothing. Pool, friendship and family (and perhaps food) - not fame - were of the utmost importance to him.

Thank you SO MUCH to all of the wonderful people on this forum who have provided such pleasure and good times chatting with my old man over the years. He loved to hear your passionate arguments and always tried to answer your challenging questions. Your extraordinary support and love when he was sick meant so much to my father. Your love and well wishes after his passing meant so much to us all.

Any questions/messages from friends young and old, feel free to reach me (Cat Adami, daughter) cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com or 312-428-8271.

My father adored his fans and clients, too. Please know we will be resuming all of the Beard's business operations beginning next week. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Forever grateful and inspired by your beautiful posts,

The Bentivegna Family

JAM

Verified Member
Freddy has really meant so much to so many people. We all mourn him. Thank you for posting, and my deepest sympathies go out to your entire family. Sweet blessings to all of Freddy's loved ones and friends who are hurting.