Sweet Bank Derby 2022

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Mostly just hedging his chances like a true 'Safety Man' who wears both belt & suspenders. chucklin'
If he wobbled the ball in the pocket, and the CB wound up where it is, he would have left an, Easy a cross corner bank to play position down to the pack of balls around the spot! There's No good logic IMO the way he played the shot.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Dudes got great hearing... lol I'm getting ready to play my second round bank match with Anthony Meglino from Florida and he walks up to the table next to me for his match. I whisper to myself "The black tiger..." and he actually hears me and smiles... Kind of surprised me...lol
As for the straight back with draw... Its a pretty common two way safe shot on a long rail bank played by top bank players. He hit it near perfect as you want the cue ball on the top rail safe if you miss. The theory is you don't sell out the game with 2 or 3 easy cross sides sitting in the pea patch on a long rail bank... You can also stiff the heck out of the object ball if you hit it with a pure stroke shot like he did. Very few top players will sell out the stack shooting any long rail bank.

Reactions: lll

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
This shot is no different than taking ANY bank shot, where you make sure your speed is right and Making sure, you always aim to miss on the high side.

Reactions: lll

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I viewed the first game of the match; it had every aspect of a great bank pool game. I felt Shaw made a mistake in not taking a free bank towards the end of the game, but instead pocketed a ball hanging in the pocket and doubled up the spot with two balls. That had me a little puzzled, but they do not keep a running ball count, so that might have something to do with it.
Looking forward to viewing the rest of the match.
Thanks for sharing! I do not search out matches anymore on the internet, I just view what members put up on the OP site.
Whitey

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
And Now he doesn't have a, 'Free' shot!
I never get into it with you anymore or EVER with ANY 3 Cushion opinions of your posts..........but till you've show me that you can beat in Match play these men, then you have the right to tell me it was the wrong shot.
Buddy, Archer, Varner, Matlock twice same event.
Cole Dixon, and Earl Strickland four sets of roll out nine ball races to eleven 7 hrs straight, and walked, then you can call me out.
But till then, stay where your at with 3C, it's beautiful, your bragging gets you where?

I will never give you the satisfaction of continuing this moment/conversation, cept with your self or others.
You take me back to middle school behavior.

And I expect your mind to throw those exact words back.

But I got yah beat I never grew up, but I did mature.

Bye
bm

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I never get into it with you anymore or EVER with ANY 3 Cushion opinions of your posts..........but till you've show me that you can beat in Match play these men, then you have the right to tell me it was the wrong shot.
Buddy, Archer, Varner, Matlock twice same event.
Cole Dixon, and Earl Strickland four sets of roll out nine ball races to eleven 7 hrs straight, and walked, then you can call me out.
But till then, stay where your at with 3C, it's beautiful, your bragging gets you where?

I will never give you the satisfaction of continuing this moment/conversation, cept with your self or others.
You take me back to middle school behavior.

And I expect your mind to throw those exact words back.

But I got yah beat I never grew up, but I did mature.

Bye
bm
I'm 100% positive in ANY 3C thread You have NO informative post that would have Any instructional content or slightest educated opinion!
I know You, You were ALWAYS a second tier player with short bursts! And really small gamble to You! You were a tournament player, nothing wrong with that mind you, just Know Your lane!

BTW, this is a Forum! I can have any professional opinion I choose, and give "MY" logical reasoning.

You produce posts here that absolutely make NO sense MANY times!

If I indulged, I'd be jealous of your local weed connect! You're in CO. right? LOL!

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Dudes got great hearing... lol I'm getting ready to play my second round bank match with Anthony Meglino from Florida and he walks up to the table next to me for his match. I whisper to myself "The black tiger..." and he actually hears me and smiles... Kind of surprised me...lol
As for the straight back with draw... Its a pretty common two way safe shot on a long rail bank played by top bank players. He hit it near perfect as you want the cue ball on the top rail safe if you miss. The theory is you don't sell out the game with 2 or 3 easy cross sides sitting in the pea patch on a long rail bank... You can also stiff the heck out of the object ball if you hit it with a pure stroke shot like he did. Very few top players will sell out the stack shooting any long rail bank.
Did you beat Anthony? Carlos hit 2 'Trick' shot banks in a row. I'm not sure, past or current banker's would play that kind of position. It seems, he was forced to do it.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
No. He got me. He shoots too darn straight. I think he even lasted 7 or 8 rounds which is tough. I didn't rebuy as I had to leave Louisville a day early.
I ran into him in the hall a few hours before and introduced myself and we talked a little..Nice guy. I ended up drawing him my second match and when I showed up we got a big laugh that we happened to draw each other right after meeting 🤣

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Anthony is in the Top 5 players in FL. He plays All games very well. Banks is probably his worst game. He's for sure the best 1P player except for Cory Duel, and I think now days it would be close! Plus, he plays really good for the money.