Pool Table software

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Is there a free version of interactive table layoutslike some peole ost on here?

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
BJ,
Don't know if it's good, better or worse than others, but ChalkySticks is easy to get to and use without having to load an app.
chalkysticks.com (Pad for illustrations)

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
You're welcome. But thanks belong to whomever it was that pointed me to it when I first showed up here wondering where the Wei Table had disappeared to.
I've been tempted to look into the VP4 as it seems very versatile.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
VP4 costs about $40 for a copy you keep on your computer. I have no interest in the online stuff. There may be a free demo version with four balls or some restriction like that, but I haven't looked for it.

It does not allow you to draw arbitrary lines. It only draws lines that are the calculated paths of the balls for the particular shot you have set up. For the other lines, you need to do a screen grab (F11) and use some kind of drawing program.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
VP4 costs about $40 for a copy you keep on your computer. I have no interest in the online stuff. There may be a free demo version with four balls or some restriction like that, but I haven't looked for it.

It does not allow you to draw arbitrary lines. It only draws lines that are the calculated paths of the balls for the particular shot you have set up. For the other lines, you need to do a screen grab (F11) and use some kind of drawing program.
Thanks Bob I actually used the chalky sticks program sorackem suggested , I spent about 5 minutes and had the diagram I posted, suer easy to use. And best of all , it was free.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
You're welcome. But thanks belong to whomever it was that pointed me to it when I first showed up here wondering where the Wei Table had disappeared to.
I've been tempted to look into the VP4 as it seems very versatile.
Chalkysticks is a great tool to show diagrams and set up shots and yes its free.

VP4, like Bob mentioned, does not let you draw lines, but you can turn lines on and setup a shot and the lines it shows are the actual paths the balls will take. So you can adjust aim, spin, speed, etc and see the different results.

But Virtual Pool 4 is an actual game. So you can practice, setup shots or actually play competitively against other pool players online. It has every pool game you can think of plus 25 others you have never heard of...or at least I had not heard of at the time.

The online version is $10 per year for unlimited play. The $30 version is more for single player stuff where you can play against the computer and the opponent gets better as you beat more of them, but it does include online play for a year with it....All you have to do is download the free version and then sign up for $10 for online play and you are good for a year!

The best part of the game is that its the first pool game that actually includes one pocket! It also has banks, carom, snooker, everything...

You can also sign up for free and even play others online but you are limited to playing 8 or 9 ball only and only on a bar table. No 8, 9 or 10 footers. It would be a way to test before you buy if you wanted.

If you decide to play it let me know. I can help you get set up and show you the basics... that goes for anyone..

Last edited: