Pool Monsters YouTube - 54 Balls in 5 Racks

dmcparland

Today this video popped up on my YouTube suggestions and I thought it was pretty good. He also has a few other one pocket videos up and while I haven't watched most of them yet there is one called "One Pocket - 99 Critical Shots" that I plan to watch later tonight.

I do not know this guy but thought 54 balls in 5 racks was pretty sporty, it certainty beats anything I have done to date! The second rack was a 15 out and so was the fourth. On the fourth rack I really liked how he played the last 4 balls to get out. To me the first rack was the weakest one he shot, but I liked how he pulled it together and shot well, even getting a 15 and out right after. Mental toughness is such an important piece and that really stood out to me when watching this.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Oh I always thought that was how its played, just like how I do it for 9ball and 10ball ghost.
You can play it either way but it's more of a challenge playing where the CB lies and puts some extra strategy on developing a good break so that you aren't tied up and get 0 balls in a rack. Still give this guy mad props with BIH, I couldn't do it, lol!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
This fellow executed the runs very well. He has developed the shot making and touch required to play this game. I'd rather watch these non pros any day over a pro.
I have not tried taking ball in hand, but in practice if your break does not yield a shot from where the cb lies, I then would suggest taking ball in hand, and in this way it keeps the practice fluent plus keeps down the frustration level.

This game is played one of three different ways, and the only difference is in the break. Playing ball in hand anywhere after the break is the easiest. Playing to purposely scratch and continue the game with BIH-BTL is next easiest. Playing the break as the cb lies is the hardest, and for me the purist and most interesting for hustling.
With BIH anywhere or CB plays where it lies, a scratch on the break ends the inning. With continuing play then any foul/scratch or missed ball ends the rack.

At DCC they had the option to scratch on the break and take BIH-BTL or play the cb where it lies. In accordance to Jay H. the pros posted numbers in the 50's playing where the cb lies, so therefore none of them opted to take the scratch for they knew they could not make up the -5 pts at the end of 5 racks.
So effectively making the option to scratch BIH-BTL obsolete among the top pros in today's world!

Each different break would play to a different ball count, for the hustle.

I think with ball in hand anywhere then an avg. between 5-7 or 8 balls/rack, I would then think you are a pretty good player. Whitey

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I don't know who this guy is, but I'm a fan. I was told his table had 4 1/4" pockets but freshly changed cloth so the balls slide in the pockets a little easier. It should get tough once worn in.

timdog24

Verified Member
I came across this guy’s channel a couple of months ago. His videos are great, he’s clearly an excellent player, and his choice of music is fantastic. What else could you ask for?

dmcparland

He doesn't. If you read the comments the music is licensed through YouTube. That probably means the video is demonetized for the creator.

Well if this is the case then I have even more respect for him. If he can't monetize the videos then it is just for the love of the game!