One pocket rules

slim123

Where do i find a thread on rule that have never been called or discussed before

slim123

Ok this came up the other day, what's the ruling if someon accidentally move one ball it's ok two balls it's a fowl, so what happens if some ahole moves all the balls, there are a lot of cheap asshole players out there

The second question: I f the shooter purposely double strokes the cue ball then makes the opponents last ball that was in the pocket, does that ball come up on the spot, because it was made after the foul
i know this is a cheap shot, however someone played it recently and intentionally did it Is it legal is this a loophole in a rule

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Ok this came up the other day, what's the ruling if someon accidentally move one ball it's ok two balls it's a fowl, so what happens if some ahole moves all the balls, there are a lot of cheap asshole players out there

The second question: I f the shooter purposely double strokes the cue ball then makes the opponents last ball that was in the pocket, does that ball come up on the spot, because it was made after the foul
i know this is a cheap shot, however someone played it recently and intentionally did it Is it legal is this a loophole in a rule
move all the balls......LOSS OF GAME
purposely double strokes to try to spot opponents game winning ball
unsportsmanship condunduct....LOSS OF GAME
jmho

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Move all the balls -- that surely would be considered a concession/loss of game.

Double hitting while pocketing what would be your opponent's game winning ball is NOT a loophole in the rules. The pocketed ball stays down and is counted. The ONLY times a ball pocketed in your opponent's pocket comes back up and is spotted is either a pocket scratch or the cue ball jumped off the table. For all other fouls the ball stays down and counts for your opponent. That rule is in there exactly for the reason you mention -- otherwise it would invite cheap shots.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Move all the balls -- that surely would be considered a concession/loss of game.

Double hitting while pocketing what would be your opponent's game winning ball is NOT a loophole in the rules. The pocketed ball stays down and is counted. The ONLY times a ball pocketed in your opponent's pocket comes back up and is spotted is either a pocket scratch or the cue ball jumped off the table. For all other fouls the ball stays down and counts for your opponent. That rule is in there exactly for the reason you mention -- otherwise it would invite cheap shots.
Regarding the double hit
Excellent reply steve
I didnt think of that

slim123

The gentleman that ask me abut it said he the referee at the derby in 2021 about mocing all the balls and was told there was no ruling

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The gentleman that ask me abut it said he the referee at the derby in 2021 about mocing all the balls and was told there was no ruling
Derby goes by our rules, with a few options of their own to keep matches moving and -- to avoid the need for refs lol.

Our rules cover that under Serious Fouls, and I don't see how anyone could argue that is not a major serious foul!

6.6.2 Serious fouls: If the ruling is that a serious foul has occurred, in addition to the standard foul the official may further penalize a player at their discretion. If there is no official available, players will need to come to agreement themselves as to the level of penalty to assess the shooter. If it is possible to restore the balls, then the foul may be penalized (a) as a standard foul, with opponent’s option of restoration.​

The following penalty levels progress from (a) through (c) depending on the seriousness of the offense, and whether the shooter has been issued a prior warning. A prior warning warrants an escalation of penalty. In this context a “prior warning” may mean a prior offense, a pre-tournament announcement or a player agreement prior to a match.​

(a) Assess a standard foul penalty, and a warning to the shooter.
(b) Assess a standard foul penalty, and opponent receives the option of ball in hand.
(c) Loss of game.​

slim123

Derby goes by our rules, with a few options of their own to keep matches moving and -- to avoid the need for refs lol.

Our rules cover that under Serious Fouls, and I don't see how anyone could argue that is not a major serious foul!

6.6.2 Serious fouls: If the ruling is that a serious foul has occurred, in addition to the standard foul the official may further penalize a player at their discretion. If there is no official available, players will need to come to agreement themselves as to the level of penalty to assess the shooter. If it is possible to restore the balls, then the foul may be penalized (a) as a standard foul, with opponent’s option of restoration.​

The following penalty levels progress from (a) through (c) depending on the seriousness of the offense, and whether the shooter has been issued a prior warning. A prior warning warrants an escalation of penalty. In this context a “prior warning” may mean a prior offense, a pre-tournament announcement or a player agreement prior to a match.​

(a) Assess a standard foul penalty, and a warning to the shooter.​
(b) Assess a standard foul penalty, and opponent receives the option of ball in hand.​
(c) Loss of game.​
Thanks what about the intentional foul and pocketing the ball after committing the double tap Does the ball still stay down since the cue ball didn't leave the table or in a pocket since the intention of the double tap was to get the opponents last ball off the pocket and up on the spot

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from our rules

6.6.1 Use of an illegal technique: However, if the shooter employs an illegal technique to their advantage, such as pushing, intentionally double-hitting, use of anything other than the cue tip to shoot, or an illegal prolonged cue contact to wedge/trap, direct or redirect the cue ball or any object balls, such as within the stack or jawed pocket, these acts are considered serious fouls. The offending player may be penalized for a serious foul under the general rules of unsportsmanlike conduct. ref: 6.6.2 Serious fouls
6.2 Scoring for fouls: Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooter’s inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. All balls pocketed in the shooter’s pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty. Also, any balls pocketed in the opponent’s pocket on a stroke that ends in a pocket scratch or a jumped cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted. However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double-hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponent’s pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent. ref: 5.1 No jumped cue ball option

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thanks what about the intentional foul and pocketing the ball after committing the double tap Does the ball still stay down since the cue ball didn't leave the table or in a pocket since the intention of the double tap was to get the opponents last ball off the pocket and up on the spot
slim
here is a link to our rules
Official One Pocket Rules

slim123

slim
here is a link to our rules
Official One Pocket Rules
i want to thank all of you that responded, my thoughts on one pocket needs to be played by the rules, not trying to be an ass, just an honest player

ONE POCKET IS A SERIOUS MIND GAME IF YOU ALLOW THE STREET HUSTLE bs IN IT, YOU TURN THE GAME DISHONEST.

I LOVE ONE POCKET PLAY BY THE RULES

• Love
Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i want to thank all of you that responded, my thoughts on one pocket needs to be played by the rules, not trying to be an ass, just an honest player

ONE POCKET IS A SERIOUS MIND GAME IF YOU ALLOW THE STREET HUSTLE bs IN IT, YOU TURN THE GAME DISHONEST.

I LOVE ONE POCKET PLAY BY THE RULES
There are quite a number of specific details in our One Pocket rules that are in there EXACTLY for that reason! Prior to 2004, when we created the first serious complete rules for One Pocket (you can look all you want -- prior to that it was only BCA and some brief tourney notes here and there -- nothing at all complete like ours), there were MANY places within the game prior to 2004 that invited shenanigans. Even in our most recent update last year, we added some more details that directly address trying to help players and TD's manage the game with a minimum of shenanigans. Addressing "loopholes", as you mentioned earlier.