Mini derby 2024

Sam1914

Well-Known-Member
Anyone remember who won the mini derby one pocket this year . I didn’t write it down I’m trying to keep a accurate list of every major this year .

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I wonder why they put this on their Facebook page????

View attachment 442693
That was the 100 entry midnight mini at DCC Jimmy. Not a major tournament by any means. He was asking about a major tournament but he added a y to Derb... I read between the lines... The Mini Derb Open at Railyard in Louisville right before DCC was considered a major with the added money.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That was the 100 entry midnight mini at DCC Jimmy. Not a major tournament by any means. He was asking about a major tournament but he added a y to Derb... I read between the lines... The Mini Derb Open at Railyard in Louisville right before DCC was considered a major with the added money.

Oh. Ok.. I thought something was funny with that extra low amount of money.... Thanks....

Mini...... Maxi.... eehh... I just go with the flow...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Confusing but the Mini Derby was the name of the whole event there which included One Pocket, Banks, 9B and also a "Mini" One Pocket Tourney.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wasn't the mini 1b1p? That Paul Song won at the regular DCC.

edit, it was a single game of 1b1p to determine the break, then a single game of regular One Pocket to advance. That was the format that the DCC came up with this year for the One Pocket mini. I believe it started at midnight and ended at 4:30 AM -- which is not nearly as deep into the wee hours as prior One Pocket minis.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Confusing but the Mini Derby was the name of the whole event there which included One Pocket, Banks, 9B and also a "Mini" One Pocket Tourney.
No... Its called the Mini Derb Open because its a smaller size pre DCC event not to be confused with the DCC. The one pocket was not a "mini". It was a major because of the large amount of added money. That is what is considered a major these days.
They did change the format of the banks this year because of the 9ft Pro 9 ball and huge interest in playing banks. They called it "baby banks" because they played it on 7ft tables. I think they had close to 100 bankers but i don't exactly remember. In the One Pocket finals Railyard sponsored player Fedor was up 4-0 over poolactiontv Tony in games. 0-0 ball count in the 5th game, Tony sold out and conceded the match with no balls being made.

It would have been a even a stronger field if Ray hadn't advertised a similar first ever 300 entry one pocket tournament at JOBS that same Monday as the Railyard tournament. Railyard has its own streaming service but they don't go on the road or try to compete with him. They don't have enough tables to even run a one pocket at JOBs and their 7ft table tournament ends on Sunday. Rays tournament was cancelled due to lack of interest ...lol Tony did play at the Mini Derb but with a giant PATV logo on his back... Not a fan of his anymore either.

Just venting here a little....
I still remember PATV publicly attacking me calling me a nit on here because I requested a refund after they offered it to everybody after a broken stream. His offer was obviously not genuine and the attack was not warranted. I also remember the famous DCC race to 100 pts bank ring game I was at and a young friend of mine volunteered to keep score on the board. He was very young and made an error of one point on RRs score. It was very late at night and caught right away but RR berated the kid so bad and so long he was run out of the room. Ray didn't say a word and let this kid get pummeled by insults. I left right away and consoled the kid and his dad. They were very upset. I'm a pretty forgiving person, and still subscribed to the yearly service because they have a lot of one pocket and I understand stuff happens. But...
This latest was the third incident. Three strikes and your out for me.. I do have a current subscription that is about to expire. But, I will never give another dime to PATV
This is just my personal experience and I hope this feedback from a subscriber helps improve his business model for his other customers. I'm not suggesting anybody not subscribe. He does offer a lot of value for your dollar and I wish him luck, but its not for me anymore.

Attachments

• mini-derb-2024-promo.jpg
    mini-derb-2024-promo.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 1

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I know why it was called mini derb. But what was the 600 win Paul got for? It looks like a mini one pocket tourney. I know the bigger one pocket tourney they had was a major, I'm referring to the 600 for first place Jimmy b posted.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I know why it was called mini derb. But what was the 600 win Paul got for? It looks like a mini one pocket tourney. I know the bigger one pocket tourney they had was a major, I'm referring to the 600 for first place Jimmy b posted.
That's off the DCC web site. Its the mini one pocket tournament on Wed. night at DCC. Not at Railyard. Starts at midnight and is played on the main floor. They been running it forever. You have to sign up pretty early at the tournament to get in. It fills up quickly. I've played in it several times over the years while at DCC.

Last time Island Drive was here we were both entered in it. Bill was going to forfeit because he was still pretty deep in the main event and had to play Frost in the morning. The day before, he played this guy in the main and the guy said "good shot" several times during their match. At one point Bill screamed at the guy to shut the f*ck up this is a pro tournament and you don't say shit during a players turn. Embarrassed the heck out of the poor guy and Bill runs him over...lol. Of course i felt sorry for the poor guy..So that night I go to the midnight mini to play and tell them that Bill forfeits. They ask me to go over to table 10 or whatever and tell his opponent. Sure enough its the same guy! So the guy sees me coming and knows I was with Bill during the match....lol. He's white as a ghost because he knows his opponent is Bill...lol. I walk over and tell him Bill forfeits. After I tell him he blurts out " that guys a Ahole..." So I laughed and laughed. Probably the funniest moment I ever had at DCC

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
That's off the DCC web site. Its the mini one pocket tournament on Wed. night at DCC. Not at Railyard. Starts at midnight and is played on the main floor. They been running it forever. You have to sign up pretty early at the tournament to get in. It fills up quickly. I've played in it several times over the years while at DCC.
Ah, I misread Jimmy's post, my bad. I thought that was for Railyards.

Got it now, ty!

For that, I will only ask for the first break for my spot when we play again, since you beat me last time at that same pool room. :)