Junior Norris Memorial in Wichita Falls, Texas

RabbiHippie

Verified Member
Not hearing much about this event, but it's just three weeks away and has one of the toughest One Pocket fields imaginable.

Here's the player list from the Junior Norris Memorial website ...

GORSTFEDORMOSCOWRUSSIA
KIAMCOWARRENWARRIORQUEZON CITYPHILIPPINES
COMPTONCHIPCHIPPERTEXAS
FROSTSCOTTFREEZERARIZONA
CHOHANTONYNEW ORLEANSLOUISIANA
GOMEZROBERTOSUPERMANHOUSTONTEXAS
FROSTROBERTCAMPBELLSVILLEKENTUCKY
TOKOPHTOMMYHOUSTONTEXAS

I talked with the tournament director Sherrie Glenn (Junior Norris' daughter) on the phone and she said there were 14 entries as of now, so probably a few names missing from the list. Sounds like a really special event with a family atmosphere where Sherrie provides free meals for all the players. Efren never missed one right up to his retirement. I'm surprised this event doesn't draw more attention, although certainly a lot of top players know about it.

Sherrie mentioned a couple changes this year that are pretty exciting. They'll be using Diamond tables in all divisions - previous years used Valley barboxes for the Open 9-Ball and 10-Ball. And there will be an under-18 Junior 9-Ball division for the first time that pays prize money to the younger players along with a Calcutta.

Anybody here have any experience with this event?

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well I see our own Robert Newkirk on the player list, so he will soon if he hasn't already (which I suspect he has).

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
In my mind :LOL: I play that well but have not entered this monster of a 1-pkt tourney. Sherrie has grown this annual tourney into a

truly great event.
Thanks, RabbiHippie, for removal of name. (y)

Last edited: