Is This bank possible with only One Rail …

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
bob jewett shows making it with the double kiss and cutting it with english
watch the cue ball .....1st shot double kiss.....2nd shot cut
I see that Bob makes both shots with the CB starting on the foot spot, which makes it nearly one diamond up from the corner pocket, as opposed to starting with the CB at the corner pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I see that Bob makes both shots with the CB starting on the foot spot, which makes it nearly one diamond up from the corner pocket, as opposed to starting with the CB at the corner pocket.
But the angle is the same
Its a tough enough bank
Give a guy alittle slack😂😂😂😂😉

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
After 65 or more years of watching pool. I do not believe there is any shot {especially involving one object ball and a cue ball}, that can not be made somewhere in a pocket. probably any pocket.
It is just a matter of how many tries it takes. I can think of several shots that defy logic, but then they go in.

Is this cut shot possible?
Under perfect conditions, stroke and speed, perhaps?, but if I was going for that pocket I'd play it differently. ;)
..I'd try it all day .. I've played around 8hrs of 1P in the last 12+ weeks - I'm going nutz ; )

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I posted a link I can't find again , the guy has the cueball about halfway to the first diamond on the bottom rail and banks it in ! must have been removed for the link.
Under perfect conditions, stroke and speed, perhaps?, but if I was going for that pocket I'd play it differently. ;)
..I'd try it all day .. I've played around 8hrs of 1P in the last 12+ weeks - I'm going nutz ; )
The guy that showed it to me kept telling me how hard the shot was, then he explained the mechanics of it to me, and then made it two times in a row. That had to be about 35 years ago , maybe more. My table had either 4 1/2 inch or 4 3/4 inch pockets on the sides, no bigger.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
But the angle is the same
Its a tough enough bank
Give a guy alittle slack😂😂😂😂😉
Both are great shots. But if Bob is putting the OB at the first diamond down from the side pocket like in the initial diagram, then by placing the CB on the spot rather than in the jaws of the corner pocket, the angle is approx. 10 degrees wider which makes the shot ever so slightly easier.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
You Tube search
Impossible bank shot
by Nick P
turn the sound off if you are offended by bad language.