Accustats library sold to Mike Howerton, AZBilliards

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This quiet news came out this week I think, with Pat Fleming retiring, he has sold Accustats to Mike H. Pat is going to continue to produce a couple of events, and maybe still do more video productions, but this sounds like a big step toward retirement for him. I think Mike will do a good job with Accustats, because he is a pool loving guy, and he plays well with others -- including us :). I expect this to mean Mike will want to digitize the remaining many older videos that are still in video format only, because that would broaden the older part of the library. I would think it would be worth it financially to make those available too. With those early ones going back to about 1990, you get players and commentary that includes a lot of deceased or retired talent. It's almost as good to listen to as to watch some of those -- or maybe even better at times!

As an aside, it will be interesting to see what Big Truck does with his growing library of PoolActionTV matches -- hopefully at some point he will go for "on demand" viewing of his growing library. I would expect Mike H to grow availabiltiy for the Accustats library.

Here is the story on AZ

evergruven

Verified Member

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Sure would be nice if Mike could strike up a deal to get some of that content on Billiards.tv. Looks like the only thing they have is 8 ball and 10 ball from 2018. Better yet, maybe Mike can but Billiard.tv as well.