A. Pagulayan vs. C. Deuel 2012 Tunica

backplaying

Verified Member
1 ball straight back drawing the cueball back to the end rail with the right speed to put the 1 back up table if I miss, or, the 1 across corner with inside and speed to keep the cueball back down table.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Forty things can go wrong banking the one ball straight back. Nothing can go wrong banking the one ball cross corner if you hit it even remotely decent. Plus with a 2-0 lead you will either make the cross corner or leave nothing if you miss, and you might even block the corner pocket, which would even further serve to protect your 2-0 lead.

Beard

Knowing Alex he probably banked the straight back and went forward with the cue ball 3 rails and down to the back rail. Forty things can go wrong doing that also.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Now Corey will just thin off the 2 and put him back on the end rail.

Any other player would do that but not Corey. He likes to overthink things.

He pushed out to the headrail. Danny Di loved it and said he's been calling for players to do that more often:confused:.

Alex thinned the 2 and put the cueball uptable.

cd2.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Any other player would do that but not Corey. He likes to overthink things.

He pushed out to the headrail. Danny Di loved it and said he's been calling for players to do that more often:confused:.

Alex thinned the 2 and put the cueball uptable.

View attachment 7878

I have taken (rarely) deliberate table scratches playing bank pool, but only when it becomes next to impossible to play a return safety, and if I left a shot I would probably lose. The point being to either lure my opponent to try an play a safety that I didnt think was available or to take a scratch himself and put himself one ball further away from getting out.

Corey's decision here met none of the above criteria, therefore I deem his effort a brain fart.

Beard

backplaying

Verified Member
I have taken (rarely) deliberate table scratches playing bank pool, but only when it becomes next to impossible to play a return safety, and if I left a shot I would probably lose. The point being to either lure my opponent to try an play a safety that I didnt think was available or to take a scratch himself and put himself one ball further away from getting out.

Corey's decision here met none of the above criteria, therefore I deem his effort a brain fart.

Beard

Yep, I don't care who he is, that was a bad idea taking a foul in that spot!