A 'Bugs' Rucker bank!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BBJ6WWBCwWnpHGSP8
I believe it was mr3c that put up a Freddy the Beard bank video about how Bugs did a bank similar to this against him. A wonderful video.
I do not remember how it was exactly laid out, but the above video is similar.
I want to add; that this is a very safe bank to try, depending on where the cb lies, for a majority of time it will end up favorable.
Enjoy! Whitey

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice shot, bro! I'll have to try that one for sure, since it comes up once in awhile. Did you use straight inside, or was there a touch of high as well?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Good shot!

Playing Bank Pool, that would have to be called as 2 rails correct? The short rail then the long rail?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I used running english (left) above center to get the cb go in behind the stack.
Yes, that would be called a 2 rail bank.
But the reason it goes, is because on a worn table where the cushion gets rounded going into the point/pocket, it changes the angle coming back. I believe this is explained in Freddy's video, which I hope gets posted up here.
thanks, Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
God, that is a good video. Freddy is the best, he really brings to life the shot! Those of you that knew him, from where I stand, were very lucky.
thanks mr3c for putting his video up!
Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i have made that shot alot of times...even long ways...... 😱
problem was it was always when i was trying to just cut the ball into the corner and miss hit it.....:mad:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Howdy All;

JB shows that on his DVD as well. At about 1:14 into it;

hank
Hank. in Grady's shot, the OB and CB are frozen to the cushion, or only 1/4" of the rail.
JB has the OB and CB at least 1 ball width off the cushion. Some what easier tome!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Hank. in Grady's shot, the OB and CB are frozen to the cushion, or only 1/4" of the rail.
JB has the OB and CB at least 1 ball width off the cushion. Some what easier tome!
Mr3cushion, Howdy;

true but same basic principal, you agree?

hank