Search results

1. D

John Henderson

John was a hell of a pool player and an even better human. His passing leaves a huge void in our pool community. So many of us have memories with him that we will cherish forever. RIP Daddy-O
  2. D

Friday Night Fights at Hard Times Free Stream

Give him hell John...well not too much ;) I am looking forward to our match and a beer or two after! See you up there tonight
  3. D

WWYD shot after the break

I like coming off the six, knocking that up almost to first diamond level and leaving the cue ball under or on the 2 ball.
  4. D

WWYD End Game

Hmm. Very interesting point about them getting the one ball by their hole and then using the 6 and 9 as blockers. I had not even considered that possibility, but if I can use them as blockers so can the opponent.
  5. D

WWYD End Game

I was thinking to knock the one in and leave cb behind the 9 and 6. Then I get the ball I need to win into play and leave them trapped behind the blockers. The 6 and 9 were also lined up towards my pocket where if we got into a bunting battle I figured I might have a chance to kick into the...
  6. D

WWYD End Game

Thanks Whitey! Yes, there is some excellent advice in the responses and cincy kid shared a great resource of end game scenarios. I have been looking through those. One thing that quickly became apparent after reading these responses is my mindset is super aggressive. That serves me well early...
  7. D

WWYD End Game

This is great. Thank you I am going to check this out tonight!
  8. D

WWYD End Game

Thanks for all of the replies and there is small gap between the six and nine. My end game is the weakest part of my game and it is interesting to see the responses about rolling on the six. When I was at the table I barely even considered it because I didn't want to be the one to break those...
  9. D

WWYD End Game

This end game situation came up in a match I had yesterday. You are leading 7-5 in ball count and your pocket is on the right with the cue ball in it. The corner of the pocket does not block the 1 ball. WWYD?
  10. D

So how can OnePocket.org do more to support One Pocket?

Yeah those volunteers are what the whole idea seems to hinge upon. We certainly have some helpful people out in Sac. Thanks for the kind words, after all that 3cushion and pointers from people like you stuff is starting to come together for me. Hope to see you up at the Chuck next week. Merry...
  11. D

New One Pocket Shoes

They are the Nike Prestos. At nike.com you can customize colors and add the letters. Very comfy for pool and they don't crease like my other shoes do when I wear them playing.
  12. D

New One Pocket Shoes

A few weeks back I made a small stakes one pocket match with a buddy. The match was going to streamed by a local up and coming streamer with our friends watching so I decided to get some new shoes. Going into it I didn't realize I could add three letters to each shoe, but once I realized it...
  13. D

Some people are willing to help others, some people are not. It is to key to find those that want to help others.
  14. D

It is great to see a discussion on how we can better support this game. I was very fortunate to have people around me willing to play cheap or even for free when I was starting out. They let me ask questions, gave advice when I asked and supported me with encouragement early on. It was a big...
  15. D

The strength of the, 'Straight follow-thru stroke.'

I love how there is the second shot from behind that shows the wrist action. I struggle with accuracy on my follow thru and this gives me something new to practice. Does the less wrist = more accuracy also apply when you add sidespin with the follow?
  16. D

Pool Monsters YouTube - 54 Balls in 5 Racks

Well if this is the case then I have even more respect for him. If he can't monetize the videos then it is just for the love of the game!
  17. D

Name your favorite tournaments

I wholeheartedly agree! Great point about how humble he his. To me that is just as important and impressive as his skills on the pool table.
  18. D

Oh I always thought that was how its played, just like how I do it for 9ball and 10ball ghost.
  19. D

Today this video popped up on my YouTube suggestions and I thought it was pretty good. He also has a few other one pocket videos up and while I haven't watched most of them yet there is one called "One Pocket - 99 Critical Shots" that I plan to watch later tonight. I do not know this guy but...
  20. D

Name your favorite tournaments

Yes, the production value may be one of, if not, the best when it comes to pool tourneys. I feel another factor is that the fans can "interact" and are much more "involved" than in any other tourney. Add in the rivalry between EU and US and you got something! I agree we may be in dark for quite...