S. Daulton vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C. #2

mosconiac

Verified Member
If I were a lefty like Shannon, I would bank the 2B & pull the CB back near the 8B since the stripes near Frost's pocket are tied up. I can shoot the 3B should I make the 2B...looks like Shannon agrees based on that last photo.

crystal cue

Verified Member
Shannon needs to save his banking prowess for another inning and shoot the 2 rail reverse english kick:eek:,hit well could clear scotts pocket

senor

Verified Member
If I were a lefty like Shannon, I would bank the 2B & pull the CB back near the 8B since the stripes near Frost's pocket are tied up. I can shoot the 3B should I make the 2B...looks like Shannon agrees based on that last photo.

I think he's belly hooked from the bank, speaking from belly hooked experience :). I can't imagine he just doesn't cut the 3 ball in and play shape on 14 ball bank or maybe even open up the 5/1 get lucky and get a straight in.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think he's belly hooked from the bank, speaking from belly hooked experience :). I can't imagine he just doesn't cut the 3 ball in and play shape on 14 ball bank or maybe even open up the 5/1 get lucky and get a straight in.

better shot than mine
(what was i thinking??:confused:)
like this
ds2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot the 3 in and play position on the 14 or the combo bank on the 1 ball.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

The 3 ball would be my choice and I don't shoot nearly as straight as Shannon. I'd be surprised if he didn't shoot it and play position for the 14 ball bank. Good call even if he doesn't shoot it.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SD did attempt the cut on the 3 ball but he missed it and left an easy cross-corner for Frost. I don't understand why anyone would advocate shooting a shot this difficult with a 3-0 lead, to get only one ball or maybe a bank at a second ball while giving up an easy bank if missed:confused:. Surely the 13 & 14 could've been moved.

SD's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

SD's Leave.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SD did attempt the cut on the 3 ball but he missed it and left an easy cross-corner for Frost. I don't understand why anyone would advocate shooting a shot this difficult with a 3-0 lead, to get only one ball or maybe a bank at a second ball while giving up an easy bank if missed:confused:. Surely the 13 & 14 could've been moved.

View attachment 4141

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 4142
That's what champions do. A 3 to 0 lead with the balls positioned in Frost's favor is not a lead and what could he of done if he didn't shoot the 3 ball? There really wasn't a good shot other than the 3 ball considering the position of the balls and the opponent. When a champion is playing another champion you need to try to take control of the table if possible, especially if the balls are positioned poorly for you.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That's what champions do. A 3 to 0 lead with the balls positioned in Frost's favor is not a lead and what could he of done if he didn't shoot the 3 ball? There really wasn't a good shot other than the 3 ball considering the position of the balls and the opponent. When a champion is playing another champion you need to try to take control of the table if possible, especially if the balls are positioned poorly for you.

Billy I.

What I expect a champion to do Bill is recognize that he is playing an extremely hungover jerk-off who hasn't done anything right in the match so far, and who shouldn't have been allowed on the AccuStats T.V. table in the first place. This type thing is to be taken advantage of by a so-called champion. It wasn't.

P.S. I didn't comment on Daulton's shot choice, I commented on the couple of people who said it's what they would shoot.

Dennis

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Daulton up 3-0 in this game and it's his shot, what would you do?

View attachment 4126

View attachment 4128

This one is easier. Definitely bank that ball he's closest to pocket speed and put the cb on the end rail so he cant see that stripe ball closest to his whole. If I got that bank close to my hole id be feelin good.

Edit: Without looking at all the comments, I dont like the shot shannon played there at all. The opportunity to run balls if he made that just isn't strong enough there imo.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This one is easier. Definitely bank that ball he's closest to pocket speed and put the cb on the end rail so he cant see that stripe ball closest to his whole. If I got that bank close to my hole id be feelin good.

Edit: Without looking at all the comments, I dont like the shot shannon played there at all. The opportunity to run balls if he made that just isn't strong enough there imo.

see post #2 and #3
nobody seemed to like that idea:(

tylerdurden

Verified Member
see post #2 and #3
nobody seemed to like that idea:(

Yeah. I'm not saying i'm right, but I like using those stripes in front of the guys hole against him. I'd move the cb behind that ball near the end rail (i really dont like drawing off the bank), then if I got the bank close (i'd want to miss it), he may have trouble getting it out and NOT leaving me a bank on the stripe in front of his hole.

That was my thinking anyway, however wrong :frus

senor

Verified Member

Not fair not giving us the context that Frost wasn't playing well :rolleyes: If that's the case Shannon can just kick softly behind the 14 and try to get Frost to move balls up table.

If you're advocating moving the 13/14, I'm not sure I would know where either ball is going. Generally with a shot like that I like to stop the cue ball or follow it straight forward. Hard to tell, but it appears there might be a chance of the 13 and 14 not vacating the area, even if you smack them.

Not to blow my own whistle, but I'm a prohibitive favorite to make the ball or leave it in a position where it can't be banked. If a good player didn't shoot the 3 against me I would think he was stalling on me and I would be mildly offended ;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Not fair not giving us the context that Frost wasn't playing well :rolleyes: If that's the case Shannon can just kick softly behind the 14 and try to get Frost to move balls up table.

If you're advocating moving the 13/14, I'm not sure I would know where either ball is going. Generally with a shot like that I like to stop the cue ball or follow it straight forward. Hard to tell, but it appears there might be a chance of the 13 and 14 not vacating the area, even if you smack them.

Not to blow my own whistle, but I'm a prohibitive favorite to make the ball or leave it in a position where it can't be banked. If a good player didn't shoot the 3 against me I would think he was stalling on me and I would be mildly offended ;)

Senor,

I only gave the context (Frost's delicate condition) because Cardone brought up "this is what champions do" & "when champions are playing other champions". He put it in a first-person context from Shannons point of view (or is that 2nd person?) so I brought up what was obvious to all and known to many, including Shannon, presumably. Up until that point I had only stated that I was surprised others would've chosen the 3. I did not even critique Daulton's shot selection.

As far as the shot itself, I think the only way it's good is if it was shot as you suggested, trying to break up the 1 and 5 and get another shot. I still think it is a shot better left for when you are down 3-0 but if a player is going to shoot it he should do so with some commitment to getting more than one ball. Then I could see shooting it, even for me:).

Dennis

senor

Verified Member
I still think it is a shot better left for when you are down 3-0 but if a player is going to shoot it he should do so with some commitment to getting more than one ball. Then I could see shooting it, even for me:).

Dennis

You're exactly right, the shot results lends to speculation that SD was not committed to the shot.

By where the cue ball ended up, I'd guess that SD put inside spin on the shot, which wouldn't make much sense.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I know these may be unfamiliar tables, but if you've played them at all and can't hit this shot with pocket speed you must really be out of tune. :D
Rod.
I'd never think twice about shooting this shot.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
C'mon guy's...he just had a hiccup. I'm sure Shannon is a strong favorite, to either make the 3 ball, or at least jaw it, almost every time..
If he makes it, he has a very good bank on the 14, while removing the other stripe by Scott's hole. Then he has 5 balls, and control of the table...Whats not to like ?

I would certainly not send the cue ball flying around, trying to break things up, and run out. That only makes the shot (3 ball) that much tougher after all, it IS missable, isn't it ?...JMHO..:cool:

PS..Dennis,..I am pretty sure Shannon was not able to do a blood/alcohol test on Scott, prior to the game.
..Besides, I have seen Scott play pretty well hung over, (at times)...He has certainly had enough practice at it..:p

PPS..I tried to teach the boy how to avoid 'hangovers'...Just stay drunk..:D

Last edited: