Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
after a few shots nick missed at moving a ball from efrens pocket
efren missed a shot to his pocket
nick ran 6 owed one missed a ball and efren ran out
to win the match
or something close to that:D

The correct shot is for Nick too bank they ten ball.

And get behind the blue ball or the one bali.

Its another strong percentage shot nick could run 4 or 5 balls and if he misses the bank shoot Eferine has only one shot the 14 ball and thats all he will get from thier if he makes the shot.

Nick has too shoot. He is not playing the game and the odds are way in his favor.

But if the player cannot see that then he is looking too play safe or try to trap his opponent.

I told you thier is more too the game then just squizzing and this is one off them.

And Nick is almost even money to make the bank. But you have too see it and then he would have shot it .

But the 14 ball by Eferines pocket stoped him from shooting. Thinking if he misses Eferine will run eight and out.

This is howe you play one pocket. Take it from knowledge and experience. Belive it or not.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Its another strong percentage shot nick could run 4 or 5 balls and if he misses the bank shoot Eferine has only one shot the 14 ball and thats all he will get from thier if he makes the shot.

Nick has too shoot. He is not playing the game and the odds are way in his favor.

But if the player cannot see that then he is looking too play safe or try to trap his opponent.

I told you thier is more too the game then just squizzing and this is one off them.

And Nick is almost even money to make the bank. But you have too see it and then he would have shot it .

But the 14 ball by Eferines pocket stoped him from shooting. Thinking if he misses Eferine will run eight and out.

This is howe you play one pocket. Take it from knowledge and experience. Belive it or not.
This is a very note worthy point that Artie has brought up, risk against reward. Shots like the 10 ball bank and the reward that it carries are most beneficial to top players because of their skills and and ball running prowess. But most importantly it's always good to have the understanding that you're doing the right thing when it appears that you may not. As Artie says, this is a percentage favoring the shooter and a valid reason to evaluate situations more than we sometimes do.

Excellent observation.

Dr. Bill

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Artie,

This post by you has finally settled a question I have had for a long time. When do you shoot? It seems by most of your posts that you avoid shooting forever. This post showed me that you are willing to go for it from a fairly hairy situation. Maybe now I can work on understanding the essential difference between when you do go and when you don't.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
petie said:
Artie,

This post by you has finally settled a question I have had for a long time. When do you shoot? It seems by most of your posts that you avoid shooting forever. This post showed me that you are willing to go for it from a fairly hairy situation. Maybe now I can work on understanding the essential difference between when you do go and when you don't.
Good f@@king luck figuring that out Petie:D .

RBL

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Artie Bodendorfer said:

thanks for sharing the insight. i can assure you - i believe it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Miller said:
thanks for sharing the insight. i can assure you - i believe it.

Don't get me wrong. I believe it too. I just don't understand it yet. I understand this shot but it comes as a surprise after seeing post after post of waiting for the shot. I'll keep listening and hope I can figure out the general theories behind the choices.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Ya III, I might be confused too. My last two posts are responding to what I thought was Artie suggesting to bank the stripe at the head of the table on Nick's side and run a few from there. It looks like his first problem is a kiss and then a very precice leave to get behind the 2 ball. I don't know, man.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
Ya III, I might be confused too. My last two posts are responding to what I thought was Artie suggesting to bank the stripe at the head of the table on Nick's side and run a few from there. It looks like his first problem is a kiss and then a very precice leave to get behind the 2 ball. I don't know, man.
sure looks like there is a kiss.
hard to see artie shooting that shot

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
He was probably looking at the wrong picture. He usually doesn't read all the posts. ;)
Rod.

Nick is a favorite in the game if he banks the 10 ball. If he makes the 10 ball or hangs it up or close to his pocket. Nick is in a good position.

If Nick hangs up the 10 ball or the 10 ball is close to nicks pocket.

And the cue ball is in perfect angle too shoot the blue ball or the oneball. Nick is in a perfect position too run 4 or 5 balls.

And Loock Eferine back behind the stack opening up the balls on Nivks side off the table.

Her is howe it happines it starts with Nick banking the 10 ball. Then he makes the one ball. And then he makes the ball by his dide off the table.

And then he roles up too bank the 14 ball. And if he makes the bank or hangs it up Eferine is locket up behind the stack.

And if he makes the 14 ball. He openes up the balls and frezzes EFerine too the stack and the balls are in Nicks favor with Eferine lockt up against the balls.

You shot every shot with control. Knoweing what you are doing on every shot. And everything is planed ahead off time.

Thier is no guissing and no out off controled shots. You have a solid plan. And if it works you should win the whole game.

And the odds off you shooting that shot is .worth the whole game or maybe loosing one ball.

The down side is the other player what can Eferine do from thier with the 10 ball close too Nicks pocket or hanging in Nicks pocket,

Eferine can ony shoot the 14 ball and if he makes it he gets one ball. If he misses he can loose the whole game.

And Eferine cant do anything with the 14 ball if he makes it because off the angle he is shooting from.

And if Eferine misses he is in big trouble were if he makes it he still only has one ball and he cant do anything from the position the cueball is.

And he has too cut the 14 ball and he cant do anything that can realy help hiim too run more balls.

This is one off the greatest positions too be in that Nick is in. He looks like he is in trouble but its completly the other way around.

Its a same Nick didnt see the value off banking the 10 ball. And thier is nothing Ederine could do from the other side off the table.

And is nick makes the 10 ball he will be close to the blue ball or one ball for his next shot. Were all Eferine will get is a long shot too make one ball.

Nicks mind was on who he was playing instead off playing the game and the balls on the table.

Nick was playing his opponent and gave all the respect too Eferine and not wanting too give him a shot.

If he wouldhave played the game on the table instead off playing his opponent. Thier is no way he would not have banket the ten ball.

And makeing the 10 ball bank. Would have put him in a easy position to run the 3 or 4 balls and locke Eferine up and the game.

But Nick never seen it and never locket at howe strong his position was. And if he would have figured it all out ahead off time.

He would have banket the 10 ball. And seen all the great things that would happen from that shot. And if you show Nick the layout. And what I said .

Nick would agree and if he could do it all over again. He would do exacly what I said.

I wish some one could Email or get Nick Varner too reply too my post and see what he saqys.

This would be benificale and cruchle for people too see that what I am saying is correct.

And not just some msde up crap. But it would take for NIck too reply too this post himself and see for himself that what I am saying makes sense.

I dont no if Nick will reply. BUt I am good friends with Nick and I hope he does.

And that way people will see what I am saying is correct.

And if a great player himself thats playing verafies what someone else says makes it real strong.

And I have said it a lot off times. I do not play squezze one pocket. Like the say the Chicago Squezze.

Nick playes that style very good and they play that way because they dont want too make a mistake.

But he was a situation it was a big mistake not too shoot. With all the odds in Nicks favor.

But if they dont see it. Then they will shoot a different shot. And thats what happened.

And a real safe player that is equale with the other player in ability cannot win against a player. Who knowes how too play the game.

Because playibg a real safe game and not wanting too make a mistake. Will lead you wright into the trap.

And thats why a real safe player will not beat a player who knowes how too play.

Because off his knowledge. Learning howe too think is the strongest parts off one pocket.

And now days with all the computor teck Knowlwdge you can figure it all out and breack the whole game down too a sicence.

Thinking is the key too improving. Nothing is stronger then thinking. And you can learn and correct all your mistakes by improving yopur thinking.

Good luck with your pool game. And I hope you keep improving and getting better and better.

And the more you learn the smarter you will be. And I agree with that statement 100%.

And if you are board do something different that you have never done. Or do something that you feel uncoftrable doing.

And try it see what happines. Life is one big experiment. Live your life or play it safe for the rest off your life.

See what puts more excitment in your life. And dont be afraid to take risks and chances.

Because it you dont take risks and chances. Your not living. Let the sun shine on your face and feel the warth that the sun gives us. And the beauty off the world around us.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Nick is a favorite in the game if he banks the 10 ball. If he makes the 10 ball or hangs it up or close to his pocket. Nick is in a good position.

If Nick hangs up the 10 ball or the 10 ball is close to nicks pocket.

And the cue ball is in perfect angle too shoot the blue ball or the oneball. Nick is in a perfect position too run 4 or 5 balls.
Is this where you say he should shoot the 10 ball ?
Rod.

Attachments

• clipboard #1.jpg
    clipboard #1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks rod:)
i was going to read thru arties post in the am:rolleyes:
i was watching the cal one pocket tourney
the final i just heard is at 9 pm i guess est(not sure hope so because 12 is past my bed time:( )
finals is alex vs scott
scott has to beat alex twice