Sylver Ochoa vs Rafael Martinez

bernie p

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
OK, we have a $100 bet and I have Sylver. Won't be mad if Rafael wins. He is an old friend.

I hate to Jinx Sylver like this, but that's what Johnny do.

John,

Sounds good. And........ as Chris Bartrum says "good luck to me":p

Cheers. Bernie.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Billy you can take 5 too one on the 6 or 8 being made just put one on each corner and the odds will go up.

Ill take 2 and a half to one on a parlay that the first two balls will be solids.

And since we are talking about solids and strips. The solids are a clear favorite without racking them in a certain order,

Because thier are 8 solids and 7 stripes. Witch would change playing eight ball.

And you could make a real good bet playing nine ball or ten ball. you cold lay 2 to 1 that a solid would be made first.

But be carefull and dont lay 5 too 1 because you think your a lock because your not a lock.
I'm an old school player as you are, and playing one pocket when we rack for our opponent we instinctively rack the dark solid balls on the corner that his pocket is on. If we rack for ourselves we rack the dark colored solids again on the corner where our opponents pocket is on.

I understand that there are 8 solids and 7 stripes, but the value in my proposal was where the solids are usually positioned when the balls are racked.

My reasoning for taking the 6 ball or the 8 ball and 14/1 on either ball when I rack for myself is, if I sell out the corner ball on my break it will be either the 6 ball or 8 ball because I believe that's where me, or your opponent will rack them, usually. Another factor would be that your opponent will contest you putting the 6 or 8 ball as the top ball in the rack. So the next best place for you to position it would be on the corner facing his pocket.;)

The reason I would rather take 7/1 on either the 6 or 8 balls being the first ball made is, it's the same odds taking 15/1 on each ball individually. Where The Ghost odds were 14/1. Just trying to negotiate something that someone may like.

But i'll still lay 5/1 that the player that wins the last game will win the set.:D

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Your lines are great I think you could make a living with them. This might be your best game.

People dont no this is youre road game.

But the lines are all good. I think you have a winner.

Artie....I'm glad you like my lines - If you were still in business, maybe I would've moved out there and gone to work for you :eek: :D

- Goast

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Artie....I'm glad you like my lines - If you were still in business, maybe I would've moved out there and gone to work for you :eek: :D

- Goast

That would have been ok. You would have gotten away too because you are the goast.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
These lines are tough but interesting to estimate...yeah, I probably made the multi-rail bank prop line a little too high - whaddaya think the right price should be for that bet? - 4-1? - 3-1?

- Goast
I don't know if you made the price to high or not, if you did it's not by much. I just think that there would be a lot of chances each game to win taking 5/1. There would be games that laying 5/1 you would think that you should win and late in the game someone makes a three railer:eek:

I just feel that you can make a multi rail bank on average more than once in 6 games. If you make one once every 6 games you break even getting 5/1.

The other props about solids and stripes are OK providing the balls are racked randomly. But then a slight adjustment must be made for the solids because there is 8 solids and 7 stripes.

But I still like Arties suggestion on if you can lay 5/1 on the player winning the last game that he'll win the set.

Billy I.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Sylva and Raphael will both most likely be in Mt View later this month. The rematch if there is one can happen then. I watched Sylva play a local in LA a few weeks ago and he discounted his opponent and lost. He won't do that with Raphael. Sylva with all his talent is still up and down where Raphael is more steady and consistent. Sylva has been matching up all over the country for the past two years, improving his stamina and game. Last time he was in San Francisco bay area, he gave up heavy weight to get played. Raphael is more selective in his games. Odds for a rematch, Ghost? I'll take 4-1.

thebaby

Verified Member
need a new source

need a new source

bill your not even close............that kid can play,when he was in the bay area he played a guy who loves one pocket ,and will play any good player.well after all said and done,i think silva came out about 49 games ahead.where are you getting your info from?.this match up is close,it can go either way.i'll take 9-5 either way.that's what i think of this match.rafael has a wide open style,where i think silva has a more controlled stlye.palmer beat rafael years ago.now today palmer want's just a little something from this kid.i'll be there in mountain view to see that rematch if there going to be one.i'd love to do something with you on this rematch.but most of all i'd like to see if you might step up and make the game right and play the baby some.question are you 60 yet.if not forget it all bets off

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I don't know if you made the price to high or not, if you did it's not by much. I just think that there would be a lot of chances each game to win taking 5/1. There would be games that laying 5/1 you would think that you should win and late in the game someone makes a three railer:eek:

I just feel that you can make a multi rail bank on average more than once in 6 games. If you make one once every 6 games you break even getting 5/1.

The other props about solids and stripes are OK providing the balls are racked randomly. But then a slight adjustment must be made for the solids because there is 8 solids and 7 stripes.

But I still like Arties suggestion on if you can lay 5/1 on the player winning the last game that he'll win the set.

Billy I.

I new you had a good head on youre shoulder. You have that gambling mentalty you catch on real fast.

You no a great bet when you see it. The key is too find someone too take it.

You can always give them todays special its only good for today. You can give them 7 to 1 because you want them too be the first person ever too beat you on the bet.

And to show that youre a sport you will give them 5 to 1 and the get to win the bet on two different games.

Now thats being a real sport. And if they dont like that then you can give them a little better deal. They also get back half off all the money they loose.

And if the dont like that they have no GAMBLE. Take your buisness to WALGREEMS.

If they dont o for that they wont go for anything.

Im glade you like the bet. You see how strong Probabilities are. I dont think will need a expert for this one.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
thebaby said:
bill your not even close............that kid can play,when he was in the bay area he played a guy who loves one pocket ,and will play any good player.well after all said and done,i think silva came out about 49 games ahead.where are you getting your info from?.this match up is close,it can go either way.i'll take 9-5 either way.that's what i think of this match.rafael has a wide open style,where i think silva has a more controlled stlye.palmer beat rafael years ago.now today palmer want's just a little something from this kid.i'll be there in mountain view to see that rematch if there going to be one.i'd love to do something with you on this rematch.but most of all i'd like to see if you might step up and make the game right and play the baby some.question are you 60 yet.if not forget it all bets off

9-5 is the game then, Frank. $300 a game. Come on down, we can play today, tomorrow, Sunday.............

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Scrzbill said:
9-5 is the game then, Frank. $300 a game. Come on down, we can play today, tomorrow, Sunday.............

Bill...I stink you coood do gooder thann that...The Babby is not to brite..can I have halve yur acshun ???...:p (wishe I cooud be there)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Am I losing it or does nobody comprehend what they read anymore? First Steve was going to England with Blackeee and now thebaby says he'll take odds on a match either way and people think he's asking for 9-5 from somebody? Did I miss something here, I have been drinking:p .

Dennis
thebaby said:
bill your not even close............that kid can play,when he was in the bay area he played a guy who loves one pocket ,and will play any good player.well after all said and done,i think silva came out about 49 games ahead.where are you getting your info from?.this match up is close,it can go either way.i'll take 9-5 either way.that's what i think of this match.

thebaby

Verified Member
missing a few marbles................

missing a few marbles................

BILL,you have been around along time.if you read my post over and over again,you will see that i stated that i think that match is close.9-5 to me seems about the right line for this match either way.where did i say i'll give you 9-5.that medication is way to strong.as for you dick you have a excuse for the way you are.Bill i will offer you 10-7 when i break,and 9-7 when you break.if you like the game let me know.and yes dick the babby is nt too brigt.I hope you make up here dick,i'm in the mood to play our game.GOD BLESS YOU.......THE BABY

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Cowboy Dennis said:
Am I losing it or does nobody comprehend what they read anymore? First Steve was going to England with Blackeee and now thebaby says he'll take odds on a match either way and people think he's asking for 9-5 from somebody? Did I miss something here, I have been drinking:p .

Dennis

Dennis, It's like this. Baby Frank somehow misinterpreted what I wrote to suggest that I didn't think Sylva played well enough to beat Raphael. So I just turned it back. The other thing is, baby Frank is playing real good one pocket these days, and after my accident, my game has gone into the crapper, faster than a spicy Burrito. He's trying to steal. I can't beat a nail with a hammer anymore. I still try to play but now my doctor has pretty much said my pool daze is over. It's either being able to walk or play pool, not both.