Rank of one pocket players who post here?

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Just out of curiosity, who do you think the top 10 players are on this website? Ranked in the order of how they would do in a one pocket tourney against each other...

this is my list...

1. Onepockethacker
2. Bernie P.
3. Tom Wirth
4. John Henderson
5. Ghost
6. John Brumback
7. Billy I.
8. Jtompilot
9. Jeff Sparks
10. Androd

Just my list all are couple balls better than me, some 4 or 5...

B

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Just out of curiosity, who do you think the top 10 players are on this website? Ranked in the order of how they would do in a one pocket tourney against each other...

this is my list...

1. Onepockethacker
2. Bernie P.
3. Tom Wirth
4. John Henderson
5. Ghost
6. John Brumback
7. Billy I.
8. Jtompilot
9. Jeff Sparks
10. Androd

B

Oops... Stroud, Figueroa, Almanza... you didn't really mean to leave them out did you?

On your list I have seen play only Brumback and Billy I + a very brief look at JTom and Hendy.

In case anybody cares about the impression one might get just from reading the exchanges here, I'll give my wild guess:

1. Bernie
2. Hacker
3. Brumback
4. Tom
5. Stroud
6. Ghost
7. Hendy

I add Almanza and Figueroa to the last four on your list and put them in any possible order, but close. I'm guessing that Jeff will be the strongest of the bunch, but may be the weakest right now.)

(When I saw Hendy play he didn't play well so I could be especially far off with that one.)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

this is my list...

1. Onepockethacker
2. Bernie P.
3. Tom Wirth
4. John Henderson
5. Ghost
6. John Brumback
7. Billy I.
8. Jtompilot
9. Jeff Sparks
10. Androd

B

Bille....:sorry but that's a cock-eyed list - you got's Billy I. and John B. too low, and Jerry, Frank, Chicago Mike, & Stroud are missing - not to mention Wayne, who's supposed to be #2. on the list...:eek:

PS, And I know Wayne doesn't mind me saying that - he's not the kind of guy who cares about hiding his speed.

PPS, John and I are probably the caboose on the list...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
What about Meacham, Matchin and The Barber?? How are they playing? I saw Baby Huey playing Justin B. He played good I think it was 9-8 or9-7. I know it was nine ball, but he plays op. Stroud. Artie? Tyler Durden???!!!!!! Especially Tyler...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Just the responses I wanted...And yes I did forget Bill S. He would be in the top 5 for sure...

B

No brother Bille, not at all for sure...

keoneyo

Verified Member
This list is ridiculous. If you only know east of the mississippi then fine but to leave out Wayne and Baby Huey is West Coast ignorant. How many of those guys play Efren getting spotted one ball. Some of those guys on your list Wayne has to spot 2 balls and up.
Wayne has run a 100 in 14.1 and he plays that game maybe 4 times a year and often wins local 9 ball tournaments and when I say local Im talking about guys like Santos, Morro, and a bunch of other shortstops.
I know hes going to be mad at me not because of spilling the beans on his speed but because he is a quiet Gary Cooper type of shooter who just wants to quietly play the game.

Apologies to my onepocketorg friends for being negative but Ive tried to stay out of the egotistic wars between posters. But this list doesnt mean a damn thing.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This list is ridiculous. If you only know east of the mississippi then fine but to leave out Wayne and Baby Huey is West Coast ignorant. How many of those guys play Efren getting spotted one ball. Some of those guys on your list Wayne has to spot 2 balls and up.
Wayne has run a 100 in 14.1 and he plays that game maybe 4 times a year and often wins local 9 ball tournaments and when I say local Im talking about guys like Santos, Morro, and a bunch of other shortstops.
I know hes going to be mad at me not because of spilling the beans on his speed but because he is a quiet Gary Cooper type of shooter who just wants to quietly play the game.

Apologies to my onepocketorg friends for being negative but Ive tried to stay out of the egotistic wars between posters. But this list doesnt mean a damn thing.

Uuh, Keone...without a reference, you're all-encompassing post, makes me think that you didn't read my post ---> #3...:confused:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Uuh, Keone...without a reference, you're all-encompassing post, makes me think that you didn't read my post ---> #3...:confused:

Uhh Ghost... I read your post but just because you said it doesnt mean it doesnt need reiteration. Your post is an addendum and my reference was to the original. Do I need to quote it to ease your mind?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Bille....:sorry but that's a cock-eyed list - you got's Billy I. and John B. too low, and Jerry, Frank, Chicago Mike, & Stroud are missing - not to mention Wayne, who's supposed to be #2. on the list...:eek:

PS, And I know Wayne doesn't mind me saying that - he's not the kind of guy who cares about hiding his speed.

PPS, John and I are probably the caboose on the list...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

Yeah, I missed Jerry, Wayne and Mike... too many good players. (I knew Wayne was good, but had no idea he was #2 good.)

BTW, who is Baby Huey? I've seen him mentioned, but........?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Ive tried to stay out of the egotistic wars between posters. ]/quote]

Because you're too perfect to be egotistical? :D

But this list doesnt mean a damn thing.

I didn't notice that anyone implied it did mean a damn thing beyond something some of us might find interesting.... and the thread has nothing to do with "egotistic wars between posters."

But thanks for the info about Wayne. As I said above, I didn't know.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Ive tried to stay out of the egotistic wars between posters. ]/quote]

Because you're too perfect to be egotistical? :D

I didn't notice that anyone implied it did mean a damn thing beyond something some of us might find interesting.... and the thread has nothing to do with "egotistic wars between posters."

But thanks for the info about Wayne. As I said above, I didn't know.

Yes you can call it how you see it. But Im indifferent. I said Ive "TRIED". I have been ego eccentric and I don't like it. I don't like it when I see 2 brothers of the forum to go at it like kids in a playground. Its not the example I want to set for my kin. Every one has a right to their own opinion. IF you read the post I apologized for my behavior not yours.

Maybe I said it too harshly but it does seem like a fan/mutual admiration poll. And as far as that goes whats popular doesn't mean the best. Its not based on actual knowledge. Like you said, "I didn't know".

Putting John Brumback, a 1st class champion so low on the list, is a personal offense to me. Yes I know you find it interesting but If I were JB I would find it insulting. But that's just my ego not his.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
interesting topic. i almost think of it as putting players in "tiers." i think you need to define the context as well -- for how guys currently play. then you have to consider how to weigh players that you have never seen hit a ball but you have heard about their speed or know someone who they have played....

anyway, here's my list (probably something in here to offend everyone ;))

top tier:
brumback

second tier (throw a dart):
bernie, hacker, wayne

third tier (throw more random darts):
figueroa, matchin, jtom, ghost, henderson, chicago mike, rodney, tom tom, incardona, stroud, almanza

fourth tier:
pretty much everyone else - could be tiers within this list

:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
one more thought...

one more thought...

from 2015 DCC one pocket results:

10. brumback
14. pettipiece
47. figueroa
55. matchin

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I have been ego eccentric and I don't like it.

It's to your credit that you know it.

IF you read the post I apologized for my behavior not yours.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that there's something disingenuous about apologizing for a post in the same post I'm making it. If I feel an apology is called for for what I'm saying, I won't click "Submit Reply."

it does seem like a fan/mutual admiration poll.

There may be some of that... who knows what a poster is thinking? From my perspective, it was a guess about who plays the game best, not about for whom one has the most respect, or likes best. That might be a quite different poll.

Putting John Brumback, a 1st class champion so low on the list, is a personal offense to me.
If you noticed, I placed him third, and that still may not be high enough. I like everything about John, including his game, but I don't grasp the idea of taking it personally when someone else has a different opinion. If someone rated John too low on character or personality, my response would make you think I took it personally. :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
interesting topic. i almost think of it as putting players in "tiers." i think you need to define the context as well -- for how guys currently play. then you have to consider how to weigh players that you have never seen hit a ball but you have heard about their speed or know someone who they have played....

anyway, here's my list (probably something in here to offend everyone ;))

top tier:
brumback

second tier (throw a dart):
bernie, hacker, wayne

third tier (throw more random darts):
figueroa, matchin, jtom, ghost, henderson, chicago mike, rodney, tom tom, incardona, stroud, almanza

fourth tier:
pretty much everyone else - could be tiers within this list

I'm in tears that you didn't put in a 5th tier. Just between us -- I won't tell anyone what you said -- do you think I could still beat Mitch on my worst f***in' day? (I haven't seen him play much but I've seen that piece of shit stroke.) :D

keoneyo

Verified Member
It's to your credit that you know it.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that there's something disingenuous about apologizing for a post in the same post I'm making it. If I feel an apology is called for for what I'm saying, I won't click "Submit Reply."

There may be some of that... who knows what a poster is thinking? From my perspective, it was a guess about who plays the game best, not about for whom one has the most respect, or likes best. That might be a quite different poll.

If you noticed, I placed him third, and that still may not be high enough. I like everything about John, including his game, but I don't grasp the idea of taking it personally when someone else has a different opinion. If someone rated John too low on character or personality, my response would make you think I took it personally. :D

If you read my post clearly I apologized to my "onepocketorg friends". Not everything is about you. We haven't been properly introduced yet. But I tell that to all the boys.;)

Once I went to work with a bunch of college kids. A bright young lass talked all knowingly about all the great musical bands. She mentioned a lot about British bands. I asked her what she thought of the Beatles. She smiled quizzically and said-"Who are they, I never heard of them". I just looked at her and walked away. You can "guess" what I was thinking.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rank of one pocket players who post here?

I'm in tears that you didn't put in a 5th tier. Just between us -- I won't tell anyone what you said -- do you think I could still beat Mitch on my worst f***in' day? (I haven't seen him play much but I've seen that piece of shit stroke.) :D

Amen!!!! I knew you had a good read on things!!!