One Ball On Spot, Cueball Uptable Corner

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Finally we have a player who knows the shot from here. Daulton left it for Bugs at the 1992 LOP. Bugs didn't hit it perfect and did leave a variation of the straight-back that we've been discussing in the other thread, but it ain't no hanger:p.

I would sure rather leave a guy this position than any other. I would certainly try to put the object ball closer to the siderail though. Can't have everything from an uptable corner:) Good players are now 1-4 from this position.

Bug's Shot1.jpg

He left Shannon a tough straight-back possibility:

Bug's Leave1.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The way Rucker played this shot, is identical to Artie B.'s suggestion when three balls are on the spot and U need one and your opponent needs all 3 of em. Simple and extremely effective. Seeing as these two are Chi Town Hustlers, Rucker & Artie understand this postion all too well.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The way Rucker played this shot, is identical to Artie B.'s suggestion when three balls are on the spot and U need one and your opponent needs all 3 of em. Simple and extremely effective. Seeing as these two are Chi Town Hustlers, Rucker & Artie understand this postion all too well.

ID,

How do you correlate this shot with one ball on the table to AB's suggestion with three balls on the spot? Two different animals, no? With 3 balls on the spot you would need to know the ball count.

This shot is certainly simple & effective, it's surprising it's not seen more often. I've only had one player ever shoot it against me and that's the guy I learned it from.

Dennis

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

I believe you closed out grady M. with a three in the corner and ran the cue three the other way for a safe from this spot in 1994. I practiced this for hours when I saw you do it...

B

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Finally we have a player who knows the shot from here. Daulton left it for Bugs at the 1992 LOP. Bugs didn't hit it perfect and did leave a variation of the straight-back that we've been discussing in the other thread, but it ain't no hanger:p.

I would sure rather leave a guy this position than any other. I would certainly try to put the object ball closer to the siderail though. Can't have everything from an uptable corner:) Good players are now 1-4 from this position.

View attachment 8179

He left Shannon a tough straight-back possibility:

View attachment 8180
Was the the January 1992 Legends tourney? If so, it was Daulton's first title, and he told me it came down to the last game and then the last ball. This is obviously "A" last ball, but I don't know if it is "THE" last ball :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
ID,

How do you correlate this shot with one ball on the table to AB's suggestion with three balls on the spot? Two different animals, no? With 3 balls on the spot you would need to know the ball count.

Dennis

Copy/paste from my thread...

''when three balls are on the spot and U need one and your opponent needs all 3''

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Was the the January 1992 Legends tourney? If so, it was Daulton's first title, and he told me it came down to the last game and then the last ball. This is obviously "A" last ball, but I don't know if it is "THE" last ball :D

The Jan. 24, 1992 LOP 111 was held at the Carolina Plaza Hotel in Columbia, South Carolina.

This "last ball" is not "the" last ball. Daulton beat Mizerak for the win.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Copy/paste from my thread...

''when three balls are on the spot and U need one and your opponent needs all 3''

Well stupid me:p. This thread is about a ball on the spot and the cueball in an uptable corner. I have no idea in the world what AB would do from here as he's much too busy writing a book with Eddie Robin to post here:).

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Well stupid me:p. This thread is about a ball on the spot and the cueball in an uptable corner. I have no idea in the world what AB would do from here as he's much too busy writing a book with Eddie Robin to post here:).

1-3-13 post, thread number thirteen....

Post title:
Would you put this last ball into play in a serious game?

Although I don't mind playing off the left side of the 4 ball and putting the cueball by my opponents pocket I like AB's shot too because it busts up the balls and starts the process so you can move them uptable. What to do, what to do?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
1-3-13 post, thread number thirteen....

Post title:
Would you put this last ball into play in a serious game?

Although I don't mind playing off the left side of the 4 ball and putting the cueball by my opponents pocket I like AB's shot too because it busts up the balls and starts the process so you can move them uptable. What to do, what to do?

5-3-13 post number twentyeight...

Post title:
Cowboy Dennis said:
This thread is about a ball on the spot and the cueball in an uptable corner.

ID,

If you want to discuss what a lock-artist, Chicago nit would do why don't you start your own thread on the topic? I'm sure many nuthuggers would chime in.

Dennis

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

Here are three more. These are from the Shannon Daulton vs Brandon Shuff match at the 2012 Grady memorial, recorded by BigTruck.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MygSFMHQ4DU[/ame]

All three of these shots were shot by Daulton.

(at 1:17:18 in the video)

Daulton's pocket is on the bottom left.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368752476.890803.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754289.426130.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754300.196193.jpg

Last edited:

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

(at 2:00:27 in the video)

Daulton's pocket is on the bottom right.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754609.726333.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754619.142904.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754629.592711.jpg

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

(at 2:01:43 in the video)

Daulton's pocket is on the bottom right.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754912.992406.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754920.809292.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368754930.842532.jpg

SloMoHolic

Verified Member

SMH,

Thanks for the layouts. The good thing about Daulton being young is that he still has time to learn the shot from there:).

Dennis

I did find it odd that he chose three different shots for these three opportunities.

Shuff showed just how young he is in this match. It's a good one to watch if you can stand it...

-Blake

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I did find it odd that he chose three different shots for these three opportunities.I thought that strange also

Shuff showed just how young he is in this match. It's a good one to watch if you can stand it...

-Blake

In regards to Shuff, I'm guessing he may have shot at a few balls that maybe an experienced one-pocket player wouldn't have:). I'm going to watch that match and then I'll see.

P.S. I've NEVER played a guy wearing shorts and never will.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
In regards to Shuff, I'm guessing he may have shot at a few balls that maybe an experienced one-pocket player wouldn't have:). I'm going to watch that match and then I'll see.

P.S. I've NEVER played a guy wearing shorts and never will.

Dennis

AAH Toughen up Man !
Rod.