One Ball On Spot, Cueball Uptable Corner

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sucker shot with that English on the CB. :sorry
Rod.

I agree, however, there really aren't any full proof options in playing safe from this position. When you consider the angle of the shot, plus the cue ball position (frozen to rail) this shot is a very difficult hit. In addition to the difficult hit, controlling the cue ball is also quite difficult, regardless of the option chosen. Shannon chose the option that carried many problems, which compounded the difficulty in the execution of the shot and as you can see he left a cross corner return bank for his opponent. But he did avoid scratching, right?:rolleyes:

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I agree, however, there really aren't any full proof options in playing safe from this position. When you consider the angle of the shot, plus the cue ball position (frozen to rail) this shot is a very difficult hit. In addition to the difficult hit, controlling the cue ball is also quite difficult, regardless of the option chosen. Shannon chose the option that carried many problems, which compounded the difficulty in the execution of the shot and as you can see he left a cross corner return bank for his opponent. But he did avoid scratching, right?:rolleyes:

Dr. Bill

I agree, they're no good options for this shot. If you shoot it like he did you have to have the speed so you don't go all the way across the short rail.
Hard to not shoot hard enough to make the ball, but it'll get you in trouble often if you do.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I agree, they're no good options for this shot. If you shoot it like he did you have to have the speed so you don't go all the way across the short rail.
Hard to not shoot hard enough to make the ball, but it'll get you in trouble often if you do.
Rod.

I believe from the angle this shot carries, Cowboy's option of banking the OB on his opponents side is as good as any. However, if the angle was straighter I favor banking the OB to center table and floating the cue ball close to my opponents pocket near the rail. Also if the cue ball was closer to the OB on the rail about 6" or so, I would then play the shot Daulton played. From that position the shot plays much easier than from the position he shot from.

Dr. Bill

Last edited: