Louis DeMarco vs. Tony Fargo 2003 D.C.C.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The reason I would shoot my shot is this.PRESSURE.That's what I like to apply.
And he's going to have plenty when he gets to the table.Like Cowboy said,sometimes you have to give up a shot to get a shot.I do this all the time.
(But here I'm not even leaving a shot)
I'm for sure going to stick the cball froze on the rail and he's going to have to come up with some kind of a great shot to get out of the trap I just put him in.When I shoot those two balls down and out into the table he's going to have a very hard time not leaving me a shot of some kind.See there's going to be two balls in play now and I will have something to shoot at when it comes my turn.I would not mess with the pink ball,to many bad things can happen with that.One bad thing is you have just opened up a pocket and if you don't lay the cball down perfect you might have just sold out a free shot.
(I don't give up free shots very often) You might have what looks like a shot but it aint going to be free.(one of my secrets right here;))

The 3ball..you would have to hold a gun on me for me to shoot that back under me.That's got to be one of the hardest bank shots there is,IMO.I can miss that shot by a foot or worse.(firing it makes the pocket play bigger,rolling it, the pockets stays small)If i had to shoot the 3,I'm firing at it straight back like Louis did.But I don't like the shot he chose.He could lose but not win.That's my way of thinking for what it's worth.John B.

I still dont see how im going to lose the game if i bank the 3 ball pocket speed at the hole im standing over. If i miss it where the hell is he going to bank it without giving me a better shot

John Brumback

Verified Member
I still dont see how im going to lose the game if i bank the 3 ball pocket speed at the hole im standing over. If i miss it where the hell is he going to bank it without giving me a better shot

What if you miss it bad? Like you probably will.
That's ok.I'm just trying to help people to learn the right shots.
FYI "Draw" makes a bank go "long" not short;) I noticed where you said that back up there in one of your other posts about Louis shooting that 3ball.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Am I speaking Russian?

Am I speaking Russian?

Of course you dont lose it! That is not the salient point. You cant WIN it! There are only 3 balls loose on the table. Do I have to use a different language to get the point across that there is not enough balls on the table for you to win, but there is enough for him to win?

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't recall anyone saying that if you bank the 3 ball underneath you, you will lose the game if missed.:frus The reason... I believe...the bank you like is not a good choice is because of the score. Trailing by 2 balls at 3 to 1 and considering how the balls are positioned, banking the 3 ball underneath you is close to counter productive. Rather than banking the 3 ball underneath you (low percentage bank) your time would be better served to force the action in some way. Your shot slows the action by positioning the 3 ball ...if missed ...in a bad spot ...from a good spot.:sorry Now if the score was tied your shot would move from a weak option to a good option;) I'd even give your shot consideration if the score was 2 to 1 or 3 to 2 against you, but not 3 to 1 :sorry

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What if you miss it bad? Like you probably will.
That's ok.I'm just trying to help people to learn the right shots.
FYI "Draw" makes a bank go "long" not short;) I noticed where you said that back up there in one of your other posts about Louis shooting that 3ball.John B.

I may hit the shot accuracy bad lets say a diamond off but the pocket speed is easy to control. The cueball will be down on this end rail and the 3 ball will be up on that end rail near the pocket. What is he going to do from there? FYI I said he would have to hit the shot with draw and inside english to shorten it up. The draw part because be cant go forward into a kiss and the inside english to stiffen it up. I was saying the draw part he would have to hit the cueball harder than if he followed it meaning if he missed the shot there is more of a chance to come back down table which Dennis said it would have if he missed it.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I don't recall anyone saying that if you bank the 3 ball underneath you, you will lose the game if missed.:frus The reason... I believe...the bank you like is not a good choice is because of the score. Trailing by 2 balls at 3 to 1 and considering how the balls are positioned, banking the 3 ball underneath you is close to counter productive. Rather than banking the 3 ball underneath you (low percentage bank) your time would be better served to force the action in some way. Your shot slows the action by positioning the 3 ball ...if missed ...in a bad spot ...from a good spot.:sorry Now if the score was tied your shot would move from a weak option to a good option;) I'd even give your shot consideration if the score was 2 to 1 or 3 to 2 against you, but not 3 to 1 :sorry

Billy I.

Like i said i play zero bank pool so i am trying to learn here. I still dont see what he is going to do if i bank the ball back under me pocket speed. He wont have a realistic bank with the pockets blocked down here. To me its a free shot to get the score to 3 to 2

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Of course you dont lose it! That is not the salient point. You cant WIN it! There are only 3 balls loose on the table. Do I have to use a different language to get the point across that there is not enough balls on the table for you to win, but there is enough for him to win?

Beard

Let me ask you something.. if the balls and the score were the exact same with the only difference is you had a straight in cross side on the 3 ball but everything else was the same, would you shoot the bank or move balls?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Billy I.
Lets look at this situation like one would look at a football game played in the 4th. quarter and time running out on the losing team.:D You must recognize that time is running out on DeMarco trailing 3 to 1, going to 5, right? Well I would think in a football game with the losing team trailing by two scores with time running out and they have the ball on their own 15 yard line they wouldn't play conservatively, if so they would be wasting precious time. It's time for the trailing team to put more gamble into their play calling. I understand that bank pool isn't played with a clock, but that doesn't mean that time is not running out for DeMarco, does it? DeMarco should be concerned with either putting badly positioned balls in play, or forcing his opponent to play a tough shot that would carry a penalty if executed poorly. Now he's playing to win, as opposed to playing to survive.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Let me ask you something.. if the balls and the score were the exact same with the only difference is you had a straight in cross side on the 3 ball but everything else was the same, would you shoot the bank or move balls?
You really didn't ask that question, did you? Of course you take the "gift"and bank the ball cross side. But your shot on the 3 ball may look like a gift but in actuality it's not.

Have you ever heard the saying that all money isn't good money? Well all shots ...you get the point.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Billy I.

Lets assume that the score was 4 to 1 instead of 3 to 1, ok? Take the 8 ball off the table, and now your looking at a 4 to 1 deficit, what would you do? Would you still bank the 3 ball, or would you do something else?

If you would do something else, then your starting to think differently, and for what reason? But if your not thinking differently, and you would still bank the 3 ball my suggestion to you is "don't play bank pool"

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Lets assume that the score was 4 to 1 instead of 3 to 1, ok? Take the 8 ball off the table, and now your looking at a 4 to 1 deficit, what would you do? Would you still bank the 3 ball, or would you do something else?

If you would do something else, then your starting to think differently, and for what reason? But if your not thinking differently, and you would still bank the 3 ball my suggestion to you is "don't play bank pool"

Dr. Bill

Im still waiting to hear what my opponent is going to do when i bank the ball at the pocket im standing over. Whats is his next shot going to be? This is how people will learn by playing out scenarios.

P.S. i will go out on a limb here and be willing to play you bank pool :D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Obviously..

Obviously..

Shoot the easy cross side of course and then probably shoot in one of those hanging balls. I say probably because now the spot is open and if I pocket a hanging ball, it spots up and I might leave him a nice shot unless I can bring the cue all all the way down to the head rail.
If I am not assured of doing that then I would probably play safe off of one of those two balls on the end rail and wait for a better opportunity to knock one of those hangers off.

You still need to have common sense, axioms or no axioms.

Beard

Dr Bill put it best when he said, of course you take the "gift." That was an economy of words.

I liked the original configuration so much because there was already a ball on the spot and I would be guaranteed of leaving very little after I pocketed the hanging ball.
Again, it is a matter of common sense

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Shoot the easy cross side of course and then probably shoot in one of those hanging balls. I say probably because now the spot is open and if I pocket a hanging ball, it spots up and I might leave him a nice shot unless I can bring the cue all all the way down to the head rail.
If I am not assured of doing that then I would probably play safe off of one of those two balls on the end rail and wait for a better opportunity to knock one of those hangers off.

You still need to have common sense, axioms or no axioms.

Beard

Dr Bill put it best when he said, of course you take the "gift." That was an economy of words.

I liked the original configuration so much because there was already a ball on the spot and I would be guaranteed of leaving very little after I pocketed the hanging ball.
Again, it is a matter of common sense

I still havent heard one of you tell me what my opponent is going to do if i bank the 3 ball back at the pocket im standing over

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Im still waiting to hear what my opponent is going to do when i bank the ball at the pocket im standing over. Whats is his next shot going to be? This is how people will learn by playing out scenarios.

I don't think I could beat you playing any game on a pool table, but thanks for the offer.:D Maybe if I practice a little more I may play some, after all i'm still learning and should be ready for you soon.

:focus It's not what your opponent is going to do if you miss the bank, i'm sure he will have options to do something "low risk" But what's your plan going to be? Playing one and stop trailing 3 to 1

But I will take 10 to 7 and play you some more. Maybe in Hollywood Fl. Thinking about vacationing soon.:D
Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Banking the 3 ball

Banking the 3 ball

Banking the 3 ball is the worst option period. I would even shoot the 6 8 combo one hundred miles an hour faster than in any way moving the 3.

I will put it in Dr Bill's football parlance. Fourth quarter, time running out, no time outs left and you elect to take a running play (3 ball)! ???:eek: (Little chance of success and a waste of a decent opportunity. ie., pocket the hanger, much best, or 2nd choice, shoot the 6,8 away and freeze the rock on the rail.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I still havent heard one of you tell me what my opponent is going to do if i bank the 3 ball back at the pocket im standing over
Your opponent doesn't have to do anything special, he can just continue to play the slow game that you conveniently allowed him to play by banking the 3 ball, underneath you.:frus He's more than happy to play you ball for ball. At least I would be.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I don't think I could beat you playing any game on a pool table, but thanks for the offer.:D Maybe if I practice a little more I may play some, after all i'm still learning and should be ready for you soon.

:focus It's not what your opponent is going to do if you miss the bank, i'm sure he will have options to do something "low risk" But what's your plan going to be? Playing one and stop trailing 3 to 1

But I will take 10 to 7 and play you some more. Maybe in Hollywood Fl. Thinking about vacationing soon.:D
Dr. Bill

It sounds like you are a definite favorite at Bank Pool. Its obvious you are going to out move me in one pocket just like in one pocket. Its now March 4th, got home from Derby on January 30th. Went to the poolhall on about February 4th or 5th and havent been since. No desire to play around here. Im trying to learn something here. You guys are starting to sway my opinion..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Your opponent doesn't have to do anything special, he can just continue to play the slow game that you conveniently allowed him to play by banking the 3 ball, underneath you.:frus He's more than happy to play you ball for ball. At least I would be.:D

Dr. Bill

I have seen the light, praise the lord, im going to shoot the 6 into 8 and freeze the cueball on the rail. Pocketing one of the hanging balls in obviously a horrible choice:eek:

John Brumback

Verified Member
I have seen the light, praise the lord, im going to shoot the 6 into 8 and freeze the cueball on the rail. Pocketing one of the hanging balls in obviously a horrible choice:eek:

There you go! Now your learning and playing good bank pool.Apply pressure when your behind or ahead.Glad I could be of some help.:) John B.