hybrid shaft versus standard shaft

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
I've been playing with Jacoby cues the last year. I bought an ebony/ivory cue from Dave Jacoby this year at the DCC. I also purchased the hybrid low deflection shaft, it plays super good playing 8 ball or 9 ball. I think i will use the regular shaft when playing bank pool. I tried a predator shaft and did not like it.
:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I've been playing with Jacoby cues the last year. I bought an ebony/ivory cue from Dave Jacoby this year at the DCC. I also purchased the hybrid low deflection shaft, it plays super good playing 8 ball or 9 ball. I think i will use the regular shaft when playing bank pool. I tried a predator shaft and did not like it.
:)

i like jacoby cues also, they are kind of a poor mans high end cue. i have one custom and another currently being built. i am always buying/selling/trading sticks but the jacobys are off limits. i recently discovered laminated shafts and what the fuss is all about -- i have just been playing with a predator also. i picked up the jacoby "hybrid edge" shaft at dcc and like it so much that i ordered four more last night, i like them better than both the predator and mezz (i have never played with an OB, so have no point of reference there....)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I hit one ball with an ob and immediately fell in love. I dont play anymore, but if i did an ob would be in my future. I played with a 314 for about 6 years - I found my accuracy improved quite a lot, but it was also at a time when i think my game was just getting better. I am just blabbing on here arent i..

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I hit one ball with an ob and immediately fell in love. I dont play anymore, but if i did an ob would be in my future. I played with a 314 for about 6 years - I found my accuracy improved quite a lot, but it was also at a time when i think my game was just getting better. I am just blabbing on here arent i..

No, you're not babbling on. But it borders on it. Naw, I'm just kidding about that. But it reminds me of a time back in 81 when a me and a friend of mine were in a country western niteclub drinking heavy. The owner had a pool table pinball area set aside so you could play pool away from the crowds, but still had to sweat the loud music and good time players and lots of folks walking around. The owner tells us that he is ordering a new Meucci and would we like to see a brochure? So me and this fellow both end up ordering one right then and there. When they came I didn't like mine and was letting some other fellow use it the first day. He missed an important shot and hit the stick downward against the floor and busted the butt plate. This black player from across the way then hit some balls with it and said he liked it pretty good and would give me $50 less than the new price I paid, busted butt and all so I said sold.

Then I hit a few ball with the Meucci that my buddy had ordered at the same time. It hit like a dream. I loved it instantly. I tried to buy it for what he paid and he refused. Then I offered him $50 profit. No deal. Then I went to $100 more than what he paid. He said he also liked the cue very much and he also said that since I liked it so much, I just couldn't have it. He still has it to this day. The trouble is that the fellow couldn't play with a darn (but he was an expert sheet rock man). Every shot felt like when you hit a baseball real square and sent it over the fence. Indescribable...

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The owner tells us that he is ordering a new Meucci and would we like to see a brochure? So me and this fellow both end up ordering one right then and there. When they came I didn't like mine and was letting some other fellow use it the first day. He missed an important shot and hit the stick downward against the floor and busted the butt plate. This black player from across the way then hit some balls with it and said he liked it pretty good and would give me $50 less than the new price I paid, busted butt and all so I said sold.

Then I hit a few ball with the Meucci that my buddy had ordered at the same time. It hit like a dream. I loved it instantly. I tried to buy it for what he paid and he refused. Then I offered him $50 profit. No deal. Then I went to $100 more than what he paid. He said he also liked the cue very much and he also said that since I liked it so much, I just couldn't have it. He still has it to this day. The trouble is that the fellow couldn't play with a darn (but he was an expert sheet rock man). Every shot felt like when you hit a baseball real square and sent it over the fence. Indescribable...
I was in San Antonio and going to Dallas to play some pool, but didn't have a cue. Mine had been stolen. A guy had a Meucci for sale, it was very limber but he only wanted $70 dollars, so I bought it.
In Dallas all the better players were using Shuans. The railbirds and pseudo smarts laughed at the Meucci and said only suckers played with them.
I got lucky and won playing little Max and Tommy Ray and won a lot from the rail.
I came back there a few months later and had a Helmsteader and the rail asked "Where is the Meucci" I said it won so much money that I put it out to stud. :p I had a lot of laughs ribbing those guys.
Rod.
P.S. I've always preferred a little more limber cue for one pocket.

Rod.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
No, you're not babbling on. But it borders on it. Naw, I'm just kidding about that. But it reminds me of a time back in 81 when a me and a friend of mine were in a country western niteclub drinking heavy. The owner had a pool table pinball area set aside so you could play pool away from the crowds, but still had to sweat the loud music and good time players and lots of folks walking around. The owner tells us that he is ordering a new Meucci and would we like to see a brochure? So me and this fellow both end up ordering one right then and there. When they came I didn't like mine and was letting some other fellow use it the first day. He missed an important shot and hit the stick downward against the floor and busted the butt plate. This black player from across the way then hit some balls with it and said he liked it pretty good and would give me $50 less than the new price I paid, busted butt and all so I said sold.

That is a great story. I also once hit with a cue (schon) that was not for sale and it was very frustrating. he was also a bad player and semi collector.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Shafts

Shafts

i like jacoby cues also, they are kind of a poor mans high end cue. i have one custom and another currently being built. i am always buying/selling/trading sticks but the jacobys are off limits. i recently discovered laminated shafts and what the fuss is all about -- i have just been playing with a predator also. i picked up the jacoby "hybrid edge" shaft at dcc and like it so much that i ordered four more last night, i like them better than both the predator and mezz (i have never played with an OB, so have no point of reference there....)
Now why would you order 4 more shafts?
for resale?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
....and when i have the disposable income...2 more blanks to have qb cues match up some ringwork for the most beautiful wrapless cue i have ever seen courtesy of fast lenny....