D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Not to be disagreeable but I'm 70 yrs old, set the shot up on a Gold crown and knocked it in first try and did draw the ball off the long rail into the ball on the short rail. It's not a hard shot and even if you miss the 2 ball it's going up table. I do, I have and I will shoot that shot for my money. Perhaps it's not a shot your not familiar with. I'm an old school 9 ball player and that shot came up a lot before texas express rules. it's still a shot I practice.

JohnG
You are absolutely right on this and dont let these guys try to change your mind. These 2 guys that are saying dont shoot the 2 ball are both WRONG but they are both thick headed and would never admit they are wrong so dont worry about it. The 2 ball is THE SHOT and shooting ANYTHING else here is looking for a way to lose

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Shooting the 2ball from this position (for a player my speed) is reaching for something that can be obtained many more different ways. Even players like the top players you mentioned probably wouldn't shoot the 2ball with a 6-3 lead. Shooting the 2ball from this position, with the score the way it is, is(imo) playing recklessly. Maybe you're the favorite to make the 2ball, quite possible. However there's no urgency in shooting it, matter of fact there's the opposite. It's like a quarterback playing in a game that his team is ahead by... two tochdowns....and it's 3rd and 1 yard to go. What does he do? He doesn't throw into double coverage, he plays a much safer option and grinds it out. That is unless you're the quarterback. :lol:sorry:D

You're actually doing better than I thought you would, following your reinstatement.

Dr. Bill

Picking up the EASY 10,000 from you isn't the problem, as I have already said and PROVED you are not a factor in the outcome. I know that eats your ass and bruises your ego, but get over it because that is life. I have no desire to play right now and as of right now I dint care if i ever play again. If im forced to play pool to earn an income, dont worry you will be the first one I come to play:D( I like to start off with something SOFT):sorry If you want to compare your thinking to football... your thinking is like about 10 years ago when the Miami Dolphins were beating the New York Jets by 20 something points in the 4th quarter and the Dolphins tried to RUN OUT THE QUARTER!!! they ran 3 times and punted every possession in the 4th quarter and got beat!! They didn't throw one pass even when it was wide open and would have sealed the victory.
P.S. Billy maybe just maybe its your superior thinking:rolleyes: that got you beat twice:eek:
P.S.S. the funniest thing about this is that you are telling everyone to play it safe, play the percentages, dont take chances, meanwhile when we played you took more chances than Brett Favre in his prime!!!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Picking up the EASY 10,000 from you isn't the problem, as I have already said and PROVED you are not a factor in the outcome. I know that eats your ass and bruises your ego, but get over it because that is life. I have no desire to play right now and as of right now I dint care if i ever play again. If im forced to play pool to earn an income, dont worry you will be the first one I come to play:D( I like to start off with something SOFT):sorry If you want to compare your thinking to football... your thinking is like about 10 years ago when the Miami Dolphins were beating the New York Jets by 20 something points in the 4th quarter and the Dolphins tried to RUN OUT THE QUARTER!!! they ran 3 times and punted every possession in the 4th quarter and got beat!! They didn't throw one pass even when it was wide open and would have sealed the victory.
P.S. Billy maybe just maybe its your superior thinking:rolleyes: that got you beat twice:eek:
P.S.S. the funniest thing about this is that you are telling everyone to play it safe, play the percentages, dont take chances, meanwhile when we played you took more chances than Brett Favre in his prime!!!
So you found a game 10 years ago when playing the percentages..back fired... interesting.:rolleyes::lol

As far as playing me when you get ready, there's one big problem with that. The clocks running out on Tom Brady:( and if he doesn't do something soon, the game will end.:sorry But your still the smartest and best player I have ever played.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
So you found a game 10 years ago when playing the percentages..back fired... interesting.:rolleyes::lol

As far as playing me when you get ready, there's one big problem with that. The clocks running out on Tom Brady:( and if he doesn't do something soon, the game will end.:sorry But your still the smartest and best player I have ever played.:D

Dr. Bill

No Billy I found a game when the team WENT OVERBOARD in playing the percentages and it backfired. I picked that game to show you how ridiculous you sound here. Funny how 3 people have already said they set the shot up and made it first try and they would all be shooting it a game...hmmmm maybe Billy YOU are right as usual and EVERYONE else is WRONG. Unlike you I never said I was the best or smartest player... just good enough to beat you and thats what counts. I know this hurts your ego but beating you was more of a high school game than comparing it to an NFL game. You were just a target, thats all. I still love you:D You are still my favorite commentator, when you share your knowledge with the viewers and they listen to you it makes it much easier for me to beat them in the future:eek::lol:sorry
P.S. I know its eating your ass big time(the way you fumbled the nuts) but if you are that obsessed with getting your revenge you could always hop on a plane and come to Florida and I would be more that happy to club another seal

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Now Billy I. just to be fair to you, if you do decide to come to Florida I am going to let you know that I want to be ready for your "A" game so I will practice for at least 15 minutes the week before you come:eek::sorry

SJDinPHX

Suspended
^Well now I know you know that's not true hacker... there are a zillion ways to win this game up 6 to 3 not shooting the 2. I do understand, and believe in, your point about having to shoot at times to beat good players however. True no doubt. This is not one of them imo. All out on the 2 just seems like one of the few ways you can actually lose here to me. I don't think you'd shoot here with your rent money on the light myself, you'd come to your senses :)

The other shot i see (aside from billy's) is just shoot the 2 ball towards the upper right corner and leave the cb on Danny's side rail there.

I could not believe i saw the duck pick this shot, and then the fact that you and him agree on something. What is going on around here?

Tyler and Dud,

Without over-anylizing the shot, it is not easy to execute IF you are trying to draw to the side rail, for shape on the 15. That shot requires a good solid stroke, but is doable..The shot I am proposing, is coming off the duece, and knocking the 15, up table. This looks to me, like a perfect angle to do this..IF (big if) you shoot the correct speed..I think you both know, the firmer you shoot, the more bounce and deflection you will create, as you come off the 2 ball..

Dud, I would venture to say, in your experiment, you did not shoot hard enough, thats why you only grazed the 15...The angle presented in RBL's layout, would make me concerned more with 'double-kissing the 15, rather than hitting it too thin..I, in no way, endorse drawing the cue ball to the side rail first. To me that increases the difficulty for a sucessful outcome, several fold..Its all about speed..And I (used to) have a good enough stroke to do whatever I wanted with the cue ball..:cool:

Super 'Ballsy' Duck <--Always shot at a white flag like THAT ONE !!..Caution; for AB lover's..This may NOT be Artie's shot choice ! :eek:

PS..Dr. Bill, either those type shots are starting to look real tough for you, (in your dodderage)..or you are trying to convince the Hacker, he'll be allright leaving them for you..(you can PM me, which it is :p)..:rolleyes:..ROTF LMFAO

Last edited:

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Good grief....

Good grief....

Me, the REAL onepockethacker, not the mouth from FL, am playing Danny D., a world class 14.1 player who can make a spot shot from anywhere on the table. IT IS A F***ING DUCK FOR MY OPPONENT. Why would I leave it there when it is also a duck for me (say, probably better than 70-80% make from that angle)? I get another shot when I make it and there is little doubt I can move the 15 uptable & leave the cue on or near the foot rail no matter what happens to the cue off the two ball shot. AND now my opponent needs them all.

I think all of you experts are stalling.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Tyler and Dud,

Without over-anylizing the shot, it is not easy to execute IF you are trying to draw to the side rail, for shape on the 15. That shot requires a good solid stroke, but is doable..The shot I am proposing, is coming off the duece, and knocking the 15, up table. This looks to me, like a perfect angle to do this..IF (big if) you shoot the correct speed..I think you both know, the firmer you shoot, the more bounce and deflection you will create, as you come off the 2 ball..

Dud, I would venture to say, in your experiment, you did not shoot hard enough, thats why you only grazed the 15...The angle presented in RBL's layout, would make me concerned more with 'double-kissing the 15, rather than hitting it too thin..I, in no way, endorse drawing the cue ball to the side rail first. To me that increases the difficulty for a sucessful outcome, several fold..Its all about speed..And I (used to) have a good enough stroke to do whatever I wanted with the cue ball..:cool:

Super 'Ballsy' Duck <--Always shot at a white flag like THAT ONE !!..Caution; for AB lover's..This may NOT be Artie's shot choice ! :eek:

PS..Dr. Bill, either those type shots are starting to look real tough for you, (in your dodderage)..or you are trying to convince the Hacker, he'll be allright leaving them for you..(you can PM me, which it is :p)..:rolleyes:..ROTF LMFAO

Dick, I actually agree with everything you said, but....When you make the 2 and move the 15 up table (I assume you'll move it w-a-a-ay up table & the cue ball not so much), what's your next shot?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Well this should convince everyone now... If someone like you who can't play a radio is confident in shooting the 2 ball then everyone esle should be confident shooting it also. Thanks for your help
P.S. although when I said I would shoot the 2 ball it was because i wa playing a real good player like Danny D.... playing against someone that plays your speed i would play safe.:lol:lol

As you should, although I doubt you would ever be truly safe.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Now Billy I. just to be fair to you, if you do decide to come to Florida I am going to let you know that I want to be ready for your "A" game so I will practice for at least 15 minutes the week before you come:eek::sorry

Hacker, you're right i'm really upset with the way I lost playing you, not because I had the nuts (which I didn't) but because how you started off playing. You started off dogging it so badly, that I was beside myself when I couldn't make a single ball. I knew you played better than how you were playing and I couln't take advantage of a guy who was actually crapping all over himself. You played so poorly that I was actually feeling sorry for you, and that's the truth. I really played my worst playing you, and that gave you the heart to play your game, which you finally did. I know if you play your game i'm not the favorite to beat you, but I still feel that you have a very questionable heart. With that understanding I probably will lose to you again, if you play your game (which I doubt) but I seriously feel that you will. I can feel the character in a player when I play them, and you fall a little short in that area.:sorry:D But I still like you.:)

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Anyone that wants to hit the 15 and send the qb two rails has action all day long. Its such a lame shot and a sell out of atleast one ball was the norm. A far better safety would be to hit the rt side of the 15 with inside english.

The best shot for me was to play the 2 and take out the 15. I only sold out once in ten shots, and made the 2 six times. The 2 with draw was really sweet when hit well but was also really ugly when not hit well.

senor

Verified Member
I couldn't bring myself to read every post, but I am a little surprised noone has suggested cutting in the 9. With the CB and OB being so close to each other, seems like a hanger to control speed of OB and not lose the CB. Load up with low-right english to kill the CB off the first rail and play shape on the 2.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Different players like different shots.

Last night I tried the two shots I've talked about just to see where I stand on my opinions.

I set up my prop bet shot and made it twice in a row. (once cutting to the right once to the left.

I then set up the spot shot with a ball on the bottom rail and made it 2/3 times. (trying to match the posted layout as best as I could)

The cue ball bumped the ball on the end rail with varying results so I would say that it's hard to predict the exact outcome with any certainty.

But all in all.. I would shoot the 2 unless I'm playing on a super tight table. You can sell out shooting it but you can also win the game.

Dick's shot is easier than mine and I might play it his way if it looked better when standing at the table.

Dud

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I couldn't bring myself to read every post, but I am a little surprised noone has suggested cutting in the 9. With the CB and OB being so close to each other, seems like a hanger to control speed of OB and not lose the CB. Load up with low-right english to kill the CB off the first rail and play shape on the 2.

That certainly would be the best shot for me but it looked to me like there is too much angle to cut the nine without hitting one of those two balls at the top right corner.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
That certainly would be the best shot for me but it looked to me like there is too much angle to cut the nine without hitting one of those two balls at the top right corner.

Why on earth would you bring another ball down table if you miss it?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

senor....I looked hard and long at that choice, but didn't choose it because I felt the same as Frank does - that the cut looks too thin to control/kill whitey well enough - and that being the case, if the 9 doesn't get made or hung, could leave too easy of a shot on the 2ball.

- Ghost