Bugs vs. Daulton 1992 L.O.P.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
A ball for sure. 8 to 7. Doing freebase and snort then. Coke, unlike regular speed which periodically would pick up your game, is a very unreliable mistress that attacks the organ you need most to play pool, your eyes. I havent recovered visually yet.

Beard

Fortunately, at that time I had enough bankroll to over bet many of the players that could have probably handled me.

When you were at your best what did you need from Artie?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
From this position I like banking the 5 ball to the bottom rail and kissing it in off the 12 ball, softly, and roll softly into the 7 ball with whitey.

Billy I.

Thats pretty much the obvious shot here. The only other option i see would be to fire the 5 straight in than bank the 7 so it goes off the 12 and 13 ball and go forward with the cueball a few inches

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
From this position I like banking the 5 ball to the bottom rail and kissing it in off the 12 ball, softly, and roll softly into the 7 ball with whitey.

Billy I.

Looks like a nice angle to hit it and draw up behind the seven ball. :)
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Looks like a nice angle to hit it and draw up behind the seven ball. :)
Rod.

I was hoping to get some more balls if I made the bank, but your shot is better if the bank does not go. Considering how accurate I am prolly better off playing your shot.:D

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Easy to execute and if you can live thru a kick at the 12 (which aint gonna kill you unless he kicks it in) you should have a better shot to wiggle out of the trap.
Beard

You must have a great touch to kick freeze me on the 12 ball.
Getting the dough in this spot is not the way to look at this situation. You do understand that it is Bugs or whoever is now shooting that is in the trap? What you are trying to do in this spot is survive.

Beard

Whaddaya gonna do Freddy....evidently they don't know the game well enough to understand the value of this shot in this situation - such as the 100% likelihood of executing the shot factor, etc.....I don't have the time or energy to properly refute the often times ill-purposed 'shot knocking' :eek: but since you also stepped in, I'll take the time to say a coupla things...

First off let's not forget that when they kick so perfectly that they're going to "freeze you on the 12" - they're shooting while half-jacked up on the 13 ball......and Billy also said he'd come off the 13 and put me towards the left side pocket - that's no big deal - I'll have the 12 to play off of for a safety, or maybe I'll have a free bank on the ball by the side pocket, or a kick at the 5ball...

And now let me say Freddy, that since it's been determined that Bugs couldn't see enough of the 15 to play the favored shots off of that ball - leaving that option out.....you'll notice that while Billy and hacker knocked our shot, they didn't provide us with a better shot to escape the trap here, and instead convienently moved on to the next inning - like some people don't notice that move..:rolleyes:...

So then Billy and hacker, what is the better shot, pray tell?

- Gh:cool:st

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Whaddaya gonna do Freddy....evidently they don't know the game well enough to understand the value of this shot in this situation - such as the 100% likelihood of executing the shot factor, etc.....I don't have the time or energy to properly refute the often times ill-purposed 'shot knocking', but since you also stepped in, I'll take the time to say a coupla things...

First off let's not forget that when they kick so perfectly that they're going to "freeze you on the 12" - they're shooting while half-jacked up on the 13 ball......and Billy also said he'd come off the 13 and put me towards the left side pocket - that's no big deal - I'll have the 12 to play off of for a safety, or maybe I'll have a free bank on the ball by the side pocket, or a kick at the 5ball...

And now let me say Freddy, that since it's been determined that Bugs couldn't see enough of the 15 to play the favored shots off of that ball - leaving that option out.....you'll notice that while Billy and hacker knocked our shot, they didn't provide us with a better shot to escape the trap here, and instead convienently moved on to the next inning - like peolple don't notice that move..:rolleyes:...

Well Ghoasty as your beloved peers refer to you as. What good is shooting a shot that you can execute 100% of the time when after you shoot it your going to be 100% in the shitter. The reason this is such a tough spot is because you are behind the 12 and 13 balls and your options are limited. So what do you suggest play a simple shot and the next time you come to the table you are going to be in a worse spot behind the same balls. I am either going to kick at the 5 with good speed so that when i hit it coming off the side rail i will probably double you up. Plus the 5 will be knocked over toward the end rail. Shannon cant kick full table to get me behind the 12 and 13 again because if he lets me see the up table ball i bank it and put the cueball up table on Shannons side cushion and he cant make the 5 at that point. My other cloice would be to bank the up table ball. I have a huge pocket and try to bring the cueball 2 rails between the 7 ball and the 4 ball by the side pocket. The last thing im going to do is let him put me right back behind the 12 and 13 ball

Last edited:

timdog24

Verified Member
I am either going to kick at the 5 with good speed so that when i hit it coming off the side rail i will probably double you up. Plus the 5 will be knocked over toward the end rail. Shannon cant kick full table to get me behind the 12 and 13 again because if he lets me see the up table ball i bank it and put the cueball up table on Shannons side cushion and he cant make the 5 at that point. My other cloice would be to bank the up table ball. I have a huge pocket and try to bring the cueball 2 rails between the 7 ball and the 4 ball by the side pocket. The last thing im going to do is let him put me right back behind the 12 and 13 ball

Pretty sure Billy's shot isn't available, so I like the kick here as well. I'd also think about playing a variation of the Ghost's shot. I might take an intentional by moving the cue ball an inch and snuggling it behind the top-side of the 13. That way the kick on the bottom stripe isn't free. I'd be pretty happy if my opponent did anything other than take an intentional right back. And if he did take a scratch, then I'm kicking at the 5 like you described.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Pretty sure Billy's shot isn't available, so I like the kick here as well. I'd also think about playing a variation of the Ghost's shot. I might take an intentional by moving the cue ball an inch and snuggling it behind the top-side of the 13. That way the kick on the bottom stripe isn't free. I'd be pretty happy if my opponent did anything other than take an intentional right back. And if he did take a scratch, then I'm kicking at the 5 like you described.

That is exactly what he would do is take an intentional back. So you havent bettered your position

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
From Shanons position?

From Shanons position?

Please stop defending your position with this shot, you made a bad decision and must divorce it like you would if you married the wrong woman.:eek: If you know what that's like than you'll know what I mean. It's like getting pulled over for going 50 mph. in a school zone and saying to the policeman....give me a break I didn't hit anyone.... I believe this is your way of apologizing to The Ghost for torturing him in the partner game (by agreeing with him) Do yourself a favor and turn it loose while your credibility is still intact.:D

Here's your chance to reprieve your self :D What would you do if you were Daulton from this position?:)
Billy I.

Not what he did. An obvious safety. Shoot into the long rail like a long 2 in the corner. Hit the short rail at about 1 diamond out, down to the long rail again, but come in high, insuring you land on one of the 2 balls in front of Bugs pocket. Taking this route makes it much easier to control the speed of the cue ball, unlike the path Shannon took where he bounced out for a return shot.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
We always played even

We always played even

When you were at your best what did you need from Artie?

First off, he would never give me a spot because he knew I would play him even.
He knew all too well how hot I was for him. Whenever I had extra money and was in dead stroke, I would try him out. I tried to bet as low as possible most of the time. I did manage to break even or win every once in awhile. The problem was, those few times I was in dead punch enough to win, he wouldnt play me for awhile, instead he'd steer me into other games where he would stake me or take 50%. Eventually, I would return to Clark Kent again and become eligible to play him again.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
First off, he would never give me a spot because he knew I would play him even.
He knew all too well how hot I was for him. Whenever I had extra money and was in dead stroke, I would try him out. I tried to bet as low as possible most of the time. I did manage to break even or win every once in awhile. The problem was, those few times I was in dead punch enough to win, he wouldnt play me for awhile, instead he'd steer me into other games where he would stake me or take 50%. Eventually, I would return to Clark Kent again and become eligible to play him again.

Beard

My point is you were beating him occasionally even when you were at your best. You said by the end Efren was giving you 12 to 8 in the early 90's. At this point you said you played 8 to 7 under your best speed. I think Efren became a better one pocket player by the late 90's early 2000's. My point is giving this information i dont see no way in hell Artie was going to beat Efren when Efren was at his best. Just my opinion.
Billy what do you think about the evidence i just submitted? :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Well Ghoasty as your beloved peers refer to you as. What good is shooting a shot that you can execute 100% of the time when after you shoot it your going to be 100% in the shitter. The reason this is such a tough spot is because you are behind the 12 and 13 balls and your options are limited. So what do you suggest play a simple shot and the next time you come to the table you are going to be in a worse spot behind the same balls. I am either going to kick at the 5 with good speed so that when i hit it coming off the side rail i will probably double you up. Plus the 5 will be knocked over toward the end rail. Shannon cant kick full table to get me behind the 12 and 13 again because if he lets me see the up table ball i bank it and put the cueball up table on Shannons side cushion and he cant make the 5 at that point. My other cloice would be to bank the up table ball. I have a huge pocket and try to bring the cueball 2 rails between the 7 ball and the 4 ball by the side pocket. The last thing im going to do is let him put me right back behind the 12 and 13 ball

I wonder why Freddie is not refuting our rebuttal? I guess he has come to his senses. Ghost, your shot imo has lose written all over it, it's blundering at it's best. You said that you agree with Freddie about shooting this shot to survive:eek: when you're actually committing suicide.:rolleyes: I'm really surprised that an educated, experienced one pocket player is arguing this point.:frus:sorry

If my original choice is not available I would kick at the 5 ball with a soft speed, seems like an easy kick. I would even shoot the shot Bugs shot before The Ghost's shot, and I didn't like his shot. I don't believe I would bank at the up table ball in fear that if I hit it bad I could lose, too tough of a hit for me but I would gladly try it instead of bunting the 12 ball.

Ghost you know now what I would do in answering your bunt on the 12 ball, i'm interested in knowing what you would do if I bunted the 12 ball and you were next.

Ghost, your mistake wasn't choosing this shot, it was defending your choice.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Enough!

Enough!

I wonder why Freddie is not refuting our rebuttal? I guess he has come to his senses. Ghost, your shot imo has lose written all over it, it's blundering at it's best. You said that you agree with Freddie about shooting this shot to survive:eek: when you're actually committing suicide.:rolleyes: I'm really surprised that an educated, experienced one pocket player is arguing this point.:frus:sorry

If my original choice is not available I would kick at the 5 ball with a soft speed, seems like an easy kick. I would even shoot the shot Bugs shot before The Ghost's shot, and I didn't like his shot. I don't believe I would bank at the up table ball in fear that if I hit it bad I could lose, too tough of a hit for me but I would gladly try it instead of bunting the 12 ball.

Ghost you know now what I would do in answering your bunt on the 12 ball, i'm interested in knowing what you would do if I bunted the 12 ball and you were next.

Ghost, your mistake wasn't choosing this shot, it was defending your choice.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Didnt we argue enough about shot choice in our partner game? Plenty of forum guys sweated the match. We should take a poll about who moved better. Maybe we should ask John Henderson? John, speak up! Ghost has to recuse himself from this poll.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Didnt we argue enough about shot choice in our partner game? Plenty of forum guys sweated the match. We should take a poll about who moved better. Maybe we should ask John Henderson? John, speak up! Ghost has to recuse himself from this poll.

I am kicking at the five.

The spanking at DCC on that greased lightning table was largely due to poor execution from both me and the Ghost. We had plenty of opportunities and did not take advantage of them. You put us in a coma with some of those banks.:frus

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Whaddaya gonna do Freddy....evidently they don't know the game well enough to understand the value of this shot in this situation - such as the 100% likelihood of executing the shot factor, etc.....I don't have the time or energy to properly refute the often times ill-purposed 'shot knocking' :eek: but since you also stepped in, I'll take the time to say a coupla things...

And now let me say Freddy, that since it's been determined that Bugs couldn't see enough of the 15 to play the favored shots off of that ball - leaving that option out.....you'll notice that while Billy and hacker knocked our shot, they didn't provide us with a better shot to escape the trap here, and instead convienently moved on to the next inning - like some people don't notice that move..:rolleyes:...

Alomost looks like teams forming hear. OP and Billy against the Ghost and Freddie. I'm going to start saving up my money so I can bet on the side when they play at next year's DCC.