Amar Kang One Pocket at Hard Times

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The stream seems to be both Facebook and YouTube simultaneously. Two different chats maybe also. Being a free stream, Post-up is obviously doing what they can to maximize eyeballs and engagement. That is something to be said for free streaming. But you still have to cover costs and pay bills, etc. -- at the very least.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The bracket on digital pool shows semis and finals left to play -- is that true? I thought they were going to finish last night.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
The stream seems to be both Facebook and YouTube simultaneously. Two different chats maybe also. Being a free stream, Post-up is obviously doing what they can to maximize eyeballs and engagement. That is something to be said for free streaming. But you still have to cover costs and pay bills, etc. -- at the very least.
I’m still waiting for the commentary on streaming pool matches to be more about the match rather than the commentators seeking celebrity status. We already have too many ‘Joe Bucks’ in this world. Less is more.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I’m still waiting for the commentary on streaming pool matches to be more about the match rather than the commentators seeking celebrity status. We already have too many ‘Joe Bucks’ in this world. Less is more.
Collins does a fantastic job with his streams — technically one of the best and most enjoyable to watch, but being free, he has to rely on volunteer commentators. The late John H would have been on the mic for this one for sure 😟

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Collins streams are great. A construction worker by day... He does it free and is by far better than the dinosaur out there trying to take other new streamers tournaments out . He's also genuine and funny and offers a platform where youngsters can get on the mic. I also have a mute button and great tunes on hand when needed...lol

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Collins does a fantastic job with his streams — technically one of the best and most enjoyable to watch, but being free, he has to rely on volunteer commentators. The late John H would have been on the mic for this one for sure 😟
I’m a Daniel Busch fan and miss his approach to streaming and commentary. He was never a distraction. He even participated in tournaments. I think it’s a generational thing.

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Good match lasting four hours. Oscar decided to have a true finals without changing the rules.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Good match lasting four hours. Oscar decided to have a true finals without changing the rules.
9 games in 4 hours. A little under 27 min. average per game. A decent time for 2 straight shooters. Might take a little longer for normal players

on tight pockets. Oscar has a very nice room and Collins does a great job on streaming. Thank you both. 👍

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.

Semi finals
Yes John, that is an illegal trap and at the very least a foul, that Oscar did not call, and it could be called by a blind man. Yes, this illegal maneuver without consequences has always and still goes on, and is almost an accepted non foul call.

I like when a foul occurs then the player gives their opponent one of their scored balls. This would somewhat make a guy shoot his way out of a tough spot vs. what we witness here; the all to often illegal stroke to bury the cb deeper into the stack, which is not called.

I hate non-professionalism whether it is a play by a pro or otherwise. In this instance the offending shooter should be man enough to say I fouled !

Now we have a leader in OP tournaments DCC that allows this illegal maneuver, just elevate the cue butt 45 degrees and all is forgiven.

thanks for the observation!
Whitey

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Yes John, that is an illegal trap and at the very least a foul, that Oscar did not call, and it could be called by a blind man. Yes, this illegal maneuver without consequences has always and still goes on, and is almost an accepted non foul call.

I like when a foul occurs then the player gives their opponent one of their scored balls. This would somewhat make a guy shoot his way out of a tough spot vs. what we witness here; the all to often illegal stroke to bury the cb deeper into the stack, which is not called.

I hate non-professionalism whether it is a play by a pro or otherwise. In this instance the offending shooter should be man enough to say I fouled !

Now we have a leader in OP tournaments DCC that allows this illegal maneuver, just elevate the cue butt 45 degrees and all is forgiven.

thanks for the observation!
Whitey
What’s the time stamp on that trap?