1998 Buddy Vs Jeremy Jones

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Almost, i'm saying I would bank the solid ball into the side of the 6 ball and carom into the 9 ball with a low ball. The 9 ball should go to my side of the table high toward the side rail. I don't like using a high ball because you tend to scratch too often, with the follow you put on the cue ball.

Billy I.
Your going to do what with the cueball? Your hitting it low You drawing the cueball or skiding it with low draw.

High ball is the wright way too shoot it as long as you dont shoot it 100 miles a houer ot wont foullow it the pocket.

And were the cue ball is its hard too draw. And just in case people are interested you cand cut the nine ball first and hit the 6 ball and nock out the other splid ball.

But the only shot I would shot is the 6 ball into the other solid ball. and the cue ball will stay right thier. By the rail.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Almost, i'm saying I would bank the solid ball into the side of the 6 ball and carom into the 9 ball with a low ball. The 9 ball should go to my side of the table high toward the side rail. I don't like using a high ball because you tend to scratch too often, with the follow you put on the cue ball.

Billy I.
Your going to do what with the cueball? Your hitting it low You drawing the cueball or skiding it with low draw.

High ball is the wright way too shoot it as long as you dont shoot it 100 miles a houer ot wont foullow it the pocket.

And were the cue ball is its hard too draw. And just in case people are interested you cand cut the nine ball first and hit the 6 ball and knock out the other solid ball.

But the only shot I would shot is the 6 ball into the other solid ball. and the cue ball will stay right thier. By the rail.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

And were the cue ball is its hard too draw. And just in case people are interested you cand cut the nine ball first and hit the 6 ball and knock out the other solid ball.

From the position Buddies in banking the stripe takes an very accurate hit, plus you really can't control the cue ball well. Nine out of ten times after banking the stripe Jeremy will have an easy take out and put Buddy back in basically the same position. Plus if Buddy doesn't hit the bank accurately Jeremy will be in position to shoot a return bank on the ball that is positioned on the top left side of the table. If he can bank that ball Buddy will be in a terrible position.

I still like shooting the stripe ball that is positioned to the right of the cue ball near the foot rail. I would hit that shot with warp speed and move balls away from Jeremy's side of the table to change the ball position. By doing that Jeremy will have to defend every moved ball, and will have less options. I can visualize a lot of good things happening with that shot. IMO you must try to change the ball position while the 10 and 2 balls are tied up.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
From the position Buddies in banking the stripe takes an very accurate hit, plus you really can't control the cue ball well. Nine out of ten times after banking the stripe Jeremy will have an easy take out and put Buddy back in basically the same position. Plus if Buddy doesn't hit the bank accurately Jeremy will be in position to shoot a return bank on the ball that is positioned on the top left side of the table. If he can bank that ball Buddy will be in a terrible position.

I still like shooting the stripe ball that is positioned to the right of the cue ball near the foot rail. I would hit that shot with warp speed and move balls away from Jeremy's side of the table to change the ball position. By doing that Jeremy will have to defend every moved ball, and will have less options. I can visualize a lot of good things happening with that shot. IMO you must try to change the ball position while the 10 and 2 balls are tied up.

Billy I.

Your talking about the ball on the rail correct. And what are you going too do with the cue ball.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
after a coule of safeties
buddy cut a ball into his pocket opened up some balls and left himself like this its buddys shot
this is the layout and this is where he chose to try and do something with the 2 balls jeremy had tied up (but slightly loosened from a prior safety)
he double kissed the 2-10 and left jeremy a wide open table
jeremy should have been 8 and out but he dogged the last ball the 8 ball

billy.jpg

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
Artie beat me to it. Where is the CB going after the warp speed stripe-2-10? If the stripe were sitting better, it would be a better take-out in terms of the CB. I'd almost try to carom the CB into the 10-2 off the 6 or 4 ball. At least I could control whitey a little better.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
after a coule of safeties
buddy cut a ball into his pocket opened up some balls and left himself like this its buddys shot
this is the layout and this is where he chose to try and do something with the 2 balls jeremy had tied up (but slightly loosened from a prior safety)
he double kissed the 2-10 and left jeremy a wide open table
jeremy should have been 8 and out but he dogged the last ball the 8 ball.
I seem to remember that shot. Buddy unfortunately hit the deuce too full, and got into trouble by trying to leave balls by his hole. He'd almost have been better off hitting the 10 first, and bumping the 2 out of there.;)

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
Billy

one suggestion from the booth was for jeremy just to make the six for buddy and leave it like that. the more knowledgeable commentator:D called the clear out shot
i take that back:eek: