My match with Scott Frost

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm sorry Dave for jumping into your thread , I get so excited I just stop thinking, I do aologise and thanks for being so gracious and not telling me to quit hogging.
It was 2010 or 2011 I believe, I had just moved to Phoenix and had been laying in Kolbys for about 2 weeks, I had played Preacher Ronn, Bernie, Lenny and a dozen other good players and I just wasn't playing well at all. I had been having shoulder and back issues and hadn't played 10 hours of pool in the last couple of years . The dryness of the desert did help my arthritis a bit eventually.
Anyway I am bashing balls around on the front table one evening and all the regulars are there, and Scott Frost walked in and sat down kinda watching , but not watching , he had already been told I didn't gamble any more, and that I was a weak player , so I was shocked when he asked me if I would like to play a few games. Of course I said yes , even though I knew I was probably going to embarass myself because I just couldn't perform at all with my physical problems and then, to be playing against one of the best players in the world. yeeek
Oddly I wasn't tightened up by it , in fact I actually played my best since I had gotten there, and Scott even complimented me a couple of times.
It was a very nice thing for him to do, and it meant a lot to me. , Thanks to the guys who gave me thumbs up for the story also.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm sorry Dave for jumping into your thread , I get so excited I just stop thinking, I do aologise and thanks for being so gracious and not telling me to quit hogging.
It was 2010 or 2011 I believe, I had just moved to Phoenix and had been laying in Kolbys for about 2 weeks, I had played Preacher Ronn, Bernie, Lenny and a dozen other good players and I just wasn't playing well at all. I had been having shoulder and back issues and hadn't played 10 hours of pool in the last couple of years . The dryness of the desert did help my arthritis a bit eventually.
Anyway I am bashing balls around on the front table one evening and all the regulars are there, and Scott Frost walked in and sat down kinda watching , but not watching , he had already been told I didn't gamble any more, and that I was a weak player , so I was shocked when he asked me if I would like to play a few games. Of course I said yes , even though I knew I was probably going to embarass myself because I just couldn't perform at all with my physical problems and then, to be playing against one of the best players in the world. yeeek
Oddly I wasn't tightened up by it , in fact I actually played my best since I had gotten there, and Scott even complimented me a couple of times.
It was a very nice thing for him to do, and it meant a lot to me. , Thanks to the guys who gave me thumbs up for the story also.
I was happy my post helped inspire you to share one of your memerable matches. That was the intent, it warmed my heart. You can reminisce in my posts any time. 👍