lifetime in action award

beatle

Verified Member
i see some of the nasty posts have gone south good.

dennis is right about paul. 100% and that is really set in stone. not many are ahead of paul. rosie just lost so much more so needs to be in at some point. cole as well. and keith at some time. and my old friend bob lambert who got shot in a supermarket. actually there are lots of players and backers that should be in with a story about them. lest they be forgotten down the road.

adding more than one player especially ones that are long gone is alright in my book. too long a wait and the new crowd will never hear about them from the present living. dont wait too long. the old pool stories wont be here for long.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Unless Paul has changed his mind, last year he told me directly that he would like to withdraw his name from consideration. Not to speak for him, but he is not the first player that is not as interested in getting HOF attention as you might think, for whatever reason -- particularly regarding the Lifetime Pool in Action award. So even though the consensus is that Paul is indeed a strong candidate, I am going to respect his request unless I hear otherwise.

Well, there it is. Paul has recused himself from consideration for the HOF, effectively ending this thread.

Dennis

JAM

Verified Member
similar to the HOF nominees thread
getting the oldtimers/deceased members in before they are forgotten i think we owe it those that came before us to honor them for the foundation they layed for the next generation
keith is a no brainer and jam is a popular poster pushing a popular guy
but i think jew paul is also a no brainer and should be so honored with keith or before keith
keith will have his jersey retired in the HOF eventually
but those that knew paul bresloff(sp) are diminishing year by year sadly
so those that would vote for him are diminishing
call me sentimental
but i think paul should be among the lifetime in action list of hall of famers
jmho
icbw

Truly, I am not pushing for Keith. I have posted numerous other worthy candidates in this thread, in case you missed it.

Of course, I enjoy discussing Keith because it is a subject matter I have a little bit of knowledge on. ;)

JAM

Verified Member
lll,

1. Paul played very high on his own dime.

2. Paul played very good.

3. Paul played until his opponent dropped and usually after also.

4. Paul played One-Pocket.

Paul definitely belongs in before Keith or Rosie or anyone else mentioned in this thread.

Dennis

It is because the "Who's the best" threads that I don't care to partake in these kinds of discussions. Each player has their own merits, IMO, and each one is different.

For me, it is difficult to not be offended when people write something about Keith that I find is not true.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and should state it as such. My opinion about these elections is that they are a popularity contest.

Good luck to Paul this year. If he changes his mind, I hope he gets in and accepts the award. It will bring joy to many people on this forum. :cool:

JAM

Verified Member
That was a very entertaining, well played, and exciting match to watch and it brought back memories with all the notables that were in the audience, me included at the 6:07 mark.

Other notables.

Dave Bollman-- Grady Mathews--Dan Louie 00.40
Joe Kerr 13:41
Richie Ambrose--Rolondo (Reyes friend)--Mike Lebron 18:29
Jimmy Rempe 22:08

I'm sure there were many more players and people that were worthy of mention, however, I didn't notice any of them. If anyone else watched and recognized anyone of importance I would like to know so I can go back and take another look at not only them but the match as well. Great find Jam.

Bill Incardona

Well, Billy, if you liked that one, you're going to love this. I think I saw you in the audience on this one too. Buddy Hall is there for sure and quite a few others we know. It's the semifinals at the same tournament, Earl vs. Keith.

It's so funny to see people smoking right at the table. You'd never see that today. :D

The video quality is a wee bit better on this one. Check it out.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Gpy5JcFOPDw[/ame]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Unless Paul has changed his mind, last year he told me directly that he would like to withdraw his name from consideration. Not to speak for him, but he is not the first player that is not as interested in getting HOF attention as you might think, for whatever reason -- particularly regarding the Lifetime Pool in Action award. So even though the consensus is that Paul is indeed a strong candidate, I am going to respect his request unless I hear otherwise.

must respect the wishes of the person being nominated and withdraw paul from consideration
im in favor of having a few of the older generation being elected at the same time if that is agreed upon instead of one by one
whether thats with a more current player or not

lfigueroa

Verified Member
must respect the wishes of the person being nominated and withdraw paul from consideration
im in favor of having a few of the older generation being elected at the same time if that is agreed upon instead of one by one
whether thats with a more current player or not

I believe the correct way to go about this is for Steve to contact Paul and *officially* tell him something like: there is strong sentiment amongst the membership for your nomination into the HOF. Would you allow the nomination to take place?

It'd be a shame to leave Paul out if he's changed his mind, or could be convinced, or maybe just would feel differently about it if he heard it from Steve.

Lou Figueroa