Congratulation to Billy Incardona for his comeback last night!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
EDIT: a repost I made on AZB.. don't have time to make it all different for over here, so I'll just post it the way I wrote it over there.

Thanks to TAR's stream of the 2012 US Open Onepocket tournament last night, we were all treated, for the final match of the night, with Mr. Billy Incardona and Danny Smith. Billy does not play in many tournaments, so it was very nice to see him in action again. Billy is 68 years old. Think about it.. 68 years old!!! Don't you wish you could be challenging young pro players in a major championship on the TV table, and winning at 68 years old!

Billy's had quite a few issues with his back over the years, and he recently had surgery to help him with those problems. He went thru a painful mending process and only recently has started to feel better and start hitting some balls.

Billy's opponent is a young gun (Danny Smith) that is no knockover, finishing 4th in the Derby's bank pool division this year. He didn't seem to be too concerned with Billy's reputation and was firing in shots from all over, and making them. Billy was a little tight and struggled early on and was down 2-0 pretty quick. Billy started to get his groove thang going though and reeled off 4 straight games to win 4-2! He made some nice shots and stayed cool, especially when he could have been down 3-0. Billy ground out a nice win over a good player and moves on today, to face another young player (hell, everyone's young, know what I'm saying:smile:) in Bernie Pettipiece from AZ who specializes in onepocket.

Go Billy!!!!

A few quick pics, to go along with the fine memories you gave us last night, Billy!

2012 Billy
billyincardona1.jpg

1994 Billy
billyincardona5.jpg

A cool picture during a frame transition
billyincardona2.jpg

Billy showing the Pinoy's aren't the only one's that can shoot behind the back, although he didn't pull the trigger on this one :D
billyincardona3.jpg

A birthday card I made him last year, nice picture of him in it.
billyincardona4.jpg