Bluegrass Billiards WWYD 12

beatle

Verified Member
i just cant see not shooting the 6 ball, its about the kind of standard shot you would set up for in a break shot in straight pool although tougher.

if i didnt shoot it i would probably get behind the 1 ball.

Reactions: lll

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
i just cant see not shooting the 6 ball, its about the kind of standard shot you would set up for in a break shot in straight pool although tougher.

What happens after you shoot the 6 ? Can you kill the cueball for the 7 like 3 c said, or do you have to run into the 11 and play the 12 2 combo?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
What happens after you shoot the 6 ? Can you kill the cueball for the 7 like 3 c said, or do you have to run into the 11 and play the 12 2 combo?
Once again, these threads are "What Would You Do?" This is how "I" would play it.

I Never said I was playing position for the, "7" ball, I could maybe shoot the "11" ball, and if I go too far with the CB, I could cut the, "3" ball into the "2/10" ball combo maybe making the "10" ball and knock out the "1" ball at the same time.

"MY' ability/experience from almost 60 years of manipulating the CB allows me to feel confident in executing "MY" choice.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
generally if i am trying to win, i shoot the same shot no matter what the bet is. and that is the shot that gives me the best % chance of winning that game.

as far as betting i still and always from the time i was a kid, if i felt i had the best of it and had enough money to withstand fluctuations the window was open for all bets.

Once again, these threads are "What Would You Do?" This is how "I" would play it.

I Never said I was playing position for the, "7" ball, I could maybe shoot the "11" ball, and if I go too far with the CB, I could cut the, "3" ball into the "2/10" ball combo maybe making the "10" ball and knock out the "1" ball at the same time.

"MY' ability/experience from almost 60 years of manipulating the CB allows me to feel confident in executing "MY" choice.
beatle said:

I was actually asking Beatle, sorry for the confusion.
Several times I brought the same inference up , that wwyd meant "what would you do." My thought was for just the opposite reason you gave, my skill level won't allow me to execute that shot at a % that makes it viable for me. Therefore it should be out of the question, and I should find a shot, that does the most I can accomplish, within my skill level. It was not exactly well received by the best players on the forum, nor many of their students.
Basically , their idea is/was that the correct shot is the correct shot, and if you can't perform it , practice until you can, or do myself a favor and take up checkers, I believe was one suggestion. I actually tried to explain myself, because I didn't think I was conveying my intent correctly. boy was I wrong.
So it isn't actually a wwyd , as much as a what would the best players in here and in the world in general shoot. Which more often than not , ends up in no one actually coming up with the shot that Tony or Alex or Efren or Dennis or the majority of them shot. I know some of the guys here play great, not trying to take anything away from them at all. Also I have learned some things I hadn't seen or thought of before and that's what it should be all about. Thank you to everyone who contributed.

beatle

Verified Member
sorry billy.

but it all depends on where you hit the first ball you hit, where you end up. and this kind of shot all you try to do is get in an area that will give a good shot next. these are wwyd and not ww a pro do, although it is mixed on that with the answers.

and most of the time the picture doesnt give enough to make exact determinations. and these things are just an exercise to help give thoughts to some and for some to mention their ideas on what to do. and to be a fun exercise.

and each has to be able to discern just what they are capable of doing and not think they need to shoot everyones shot which some are viable and some are not.

nothing is definitive and all to be taken lightly,

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Np, I was actually trying to answer mr 3c , I'm in such bad shape I can't even figure out where I am screwing up at lol.