How do you run these?

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Slim, there is a half dozen other respected members that also stated they would start with the 5. So you have a long line of players to play, if it is based on taking the 5 first.

thanks, unopero for the exercise, bring on some more. I like it with more balls open, though!
Whitey
I have not been playing … my stroke is tentative. Confidence.. eh. I’d play the 1 first based on that. The proper pattern for me would be start with the closest object ball to me and work towards the pocket

slim123

We are all friends here, but i need to say something. no need to try to influence a whole group of people that your way is the correct way. We are all different, we think different, have a different stroke and different ideas, and have different things going on in this world and our head.

People always want an opinion, however someone else's style should not influence how we think, their idea or method may not work for anyone else, however there is always something to learn from everyone. This is why experience can't be taught , only gained from time

There is no real right way or wrong way. I play on an upper level and have been beat by shotmakers, that have no clue what shape is

unoperro

Verified Member
We are all friends here, but i need to say something. no need to try to influence a whole group of people that your way is the correct way. We are all different, we think different, have a different stroke and different ideas, and have different things going on in this world and our head.

People always want an opinion, however someone else's style should not influence how we think, their idea or method may not work for anyone else, however there is always something to learn from everyone. This is why experience can't be taught , only gained from time

There is no real right way or wrong way. I play on an upper level and have been beat by shotmakers, that have no clue what shape is
This is why I post these....to see others views.

Some of the best wwyd are from recorded matches where the result is available. The problem with many of those is you often dont see the whole layout . The play the player makes doesn't always work, perhaps poor execution maybe just a bad plan. And sometimes all is good- the Pilot's game winning 5 railer ! Like many I saw it immediately but I know there is dbl kiss all over that shot . Jim avoided it and swish.

Some wwyd are put up solely as lessons. What lesson is learned is up to the audience.

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
I didn't mean I am teaching lessons , I am a student- crooked stroke poor form and failing eyesight.